The History of Rayman - Possibly 2011!

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

The History of Rayman - Possibly 2011!

Post by Keane »

Hey everybody!

I joined quite a while ago, but never really had anything to talk about. since a few days ago i've become vewry active again, and im starting to love this website! Anyways, I wanted to talk about a video series im going to make. It should be published on YouTube, but im going to post it on here as well. This video collection is called ''The History of Rayman'' and I don't think I have to explain what it's about. This are the following things included in the video's:

•An detailed explanation from ALL characters from ALL games. This even includes very unfamous characters like The Great Spirit Palmito and Zarrof.
•All you need to know about the games. There is more information then you can imagine!
•Everything about Raymans world!
•Cancelled pro-types such as Rayman 4 and Rayman 1 3D.
•Fan-Games
•Rayman websites, like the Pirate-Community.
•Info about the Raving Rabbids.
•Other things

Here is a preview of what it will be like. Please do notice that this is VERY EARLY data and is yet to be hugely edited so that it contains more dtailed info, better music, images, and much more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwGa2Kv ... ideo_title

Here is a little video to announce my video. Sorry for the terrible quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpxxVAk ... ideo_title

The first collection of the music is uploaded and ready to be viewed!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF2F4083AADEC0BF1

The reason for the video's late release is because I won't be able to work on this until November 15, which is funny as it is the release date of Rayman Origins. I hope to finish it late Decembe/early January. The video's will be widescreen and available in 480p. There is a possibility that it will be available in HD, but no promises! The video's are about 8 - 13 minutes each. They may be downloaded and shared with anyone. Hopefully a download link will be available? Perhaps in HD quality?

The video will not be available in english, possibly in dutch, and in french if I can find a good translator willing to help me. any other suggestions for languages?

For music from Rayman games and other games, check out my YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/superluigi132?feature=mhee

For updates, follow me on Twitter.
http://twitter.com/#!/Superluigi132

Wish me luck! :D

~Superluigi132
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Keane
André

Re: The History of Rayman - Possibly 2011!

Post by Keane »

UPDATE:

There is a small possibility that -If all goes well- I will be able to get the equipment to start working on this in a few weeks. This would mean the project could be finished by October! :D
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

No-one commenting :|
I personally find this a good project, though you have to fix some spelling mistakes, but otherwise it's nice, I'm looking forward to it :mrgreen:
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Thanks!

I'll fix the mistakes when I have time, as I have to leave in a few minutes. :?
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Looks good! Are you actually Dutch and can you thus not bring out the video in English? I can help you translate if you want - I'm Dutch/English!
Like to help out if I can; also, you posting stuff about fan games raises my interest, since I am actually planning on doing something. Won't release anything yet, but all I'll say is that I want to bring the magic of Rayman 2 back - bring Rayman back to his awesome standards. I feel like the games since R3 have worn him down, personally. There's nothing wrong with the game, don't get me wrong, I love Rayman 3 and the Rabbids. I just don't think they should be Rayman.

Anyway - think about it; I'd be happy to translate for you (and could use some advertisement ;) ).
Will love to see what this turns out to be.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

I am actually dutch. I simply don't know if I want to re-create the whole video collection again for another language. Though, I will most likely do it.
I've wanted to work on a fan game similar to R2 once... never did it. If you could release any more information in the future? That would be nice. If I were to ever work on a fan game, I think I would do a Rayman 3 game, as it is my favourite from the series. Perhaps someone will mix R2 and R3 together into one amazing game? :D

Thanks for the support!
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

RayTunes wrote:I am actually dutch. I simply don't know if I want to re-create the whole video collection again for another language. Though, I will most likely do it.
I've wanted to work on a fan game similar to R2 once... never did it. If you could release any more information in the future? That would be nice. If I were to ever work on a fan game, I think I would do a Rayman 3 game, as it is my favourite from the series. Perhaps someone will mix R2 and R3 together into one amazing game? :D

Thanks for the support!
You're welcome!
Well, if you need any help translating, I'm here.

And I will release more info at some point (watch my sig, I guess), but right now everything's still concept art and all that. I've already got a good deal of the major storyline plotted, but am still writing it as of now. Actually, what I'm doing right now is creating the lands through which Rayman will travel, as that will help me create the story in its progress.
I've already got this done:
-Concept art for 8 antagonists/enemies, 1 boss, 11 protagonists/friends (including minor characters)
-Basic storyline
-The first two levels completely plotted out, awaiting concept art and then creation in 3D space
-Areas, landscapes, but not levels

Constantly working on it and progress is quick. You'll hear more later!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Actually, I changed my mind. I would like it if you could translate. I have a few more projects during the same time i'm going to create this, so it would be nice if someone could translate for me.

Your project sounds interesting! I'd like to add this to my video's! May I ask what exactly your areas are? That's always my greatest interest. 8)
What kind of world map will you make? One similar to The Great Escape or Revolution? I like both very much. Man, im pretty excited about your game. I've had so much fun with R2.

Good luck!
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

RayTunes wrote:Actually, I changed my mind. I would like it if you could translate. I have a few more projects during the same time i'm going to create this, so it would be nice if someone could translate for me.
Alright. Just send me the lines you want me to translate! Happy to help.
RayTunes wrote: Your project sounds interesting! I'd like to add this to my video's! May I ask what exactly your areas are? That's always my greatest interest. 8)
What kind of world map will you make? One similar to The Great Escape or Revolution? I like both very much.
Actually, the world maps are aready drawn! I have four maps planned, of which 3 are already done: the political map, the geographical map and another political map. I just need to make a geographical map of a desert, but that's a whole lot harder because you don't have forests and oceans to give the map some flavour.

Once there's a little more than concept art, I can give you some stuff for your videos, if you want. You may ask what the areas exactly are, but that's actually a little hard to tell you since 2/3rds of them don't exist yet! :P
But like I said, progress is quick; two days ago there wasn't even a world yet, and now there's already three maps, one-thirds of the world complete and one-fifth of the storyline complete.

And for some reason I never got the Rayman 2:TGE manual with any of the copies of my game (I had five copies of TGE at one point... everyone kept giving it to me for my birthday - haha) so I don't really know what the difference is between the R2: TGE map and the Rayman Revolution map. If you mean if I'm going to opt for an Isle of Doors or a Hall of Doors, the answer is Hall of Doors.

The only thing I don't actually have a clue of yet is the programming and the realisation... I don't have any of the textures or models from R2, nor do I know any major programming language like C... all in due time - I hope.
RayTunes wrote: Man, im pretty excited about your game. I've had so much fun with R2.
I had too; that's why I wanted to recreate the magic. Well it's nice to hear I've got a 'fan' - you'll be the first to know of any major progress! :)
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

It will take a while until I can send any footage to you, as im still planning everything out. I'm currently unable to work on it, as im on vacation.

Great! Your porgress is quick. A desert map, that sounds interesting. 8)
The difference between the maps from The Great Escape and Revolution is that in Revolution you get a large area where you can walk around, fight pirates, visit a shop, and even enter some levels that are exclusive for Revolution.
Here's an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89VAGQd2 ... re=related

Im sure am a fan. Ecxited to hear about your new ideas!
Sorry if my reply is somewhat short, but my time is limited because im on vacation. :?
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

RayTunes wrote:It will take a while until I can send any footage to you, as im still planning everything out. I'm currently unable to work on it, as im on vacation.

The difference between the maps from The Great Escape and Revolution is that in Revolution you get a large area where you can walk around, fight pirates, visit a shop, and even enter some levels that are exclusive for Revolution.
Here's an example:

Sorry if my reply is somewhat short, but my time is limited because im on vacation. :?
Aha, I was actually on vacation when I started my game... it started out as me having nothing to do and drawing Rayman and all the types of Lums. Then I drew something else, based on the Lums... and then the story began! Funny, how some things work out.

Oh I see. The Revolution map looks quite fun - I also like how Clark and the others get more to do in the game than just appearing in a few levels. Every time I look at the other versions of Rayman 2 TGE, I keep recognising things I thought I'd be introducing by making my own little game! D'oh! Mwa, it doesn't matter, I've got loads of original content planned that no Rayman 2 version could have done already.
Although the large map thing is nice, I'll stick with the Hall of Doors. Maybe I'll make a world like in Revolution and then an access into the Hall of Doors, but I don't really know that yet.

And it's okay to keep your reply short - it said exactly what you wanted to say. I just tend to get really large posts when I start writing... something I should work on getting rid of, maybe. Enjoy your vacation!

PS
I actually had a little question for you: you did say that you made all the models and stuff yourself, but how did you in that case get them so accurate? They really look a lot like the originals. Don't worry if you don't have time or don't want to reply - enjoy your holiday; I can wait.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I want to hear this; I only speak English fluently. :|
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Say.. what do you mean with ''I want to hear this''?
It will be available in english, if that's what you mean.

EDIT: I will add a large explanation about your fan-game, if you give me permission.
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Shrooblord wrote:
RayTunes wrote:It will take a while until I can send any footage to you, as im still planning everything out. I'm currently unable to work on it, as im on vacation.

Here's an example:

Aha, I was actually on vacation when I started my game... it started out as me having nothing to do and drawing Rayman and all the types of Lums. Then I drew something else, based on the Lums... and then the story began! Funny, how some things work out.

Oh I see. The Revolution map looks quite fun - I also like how Clark and the others get more to do in the game than just appearing in a few levels. Every time I look at the other versions of Rayman 2 TGE, I keep recognising things I thought I'd be introducing by making my own little game! D'oh! Mwa, it doesn't matter, I've got loads of original content planned that no Rayman 2 version could have done already.
Although the large map thing is nice, I'll stick with the Hall of Doors. Maybe I'll make a world like in Revolution and then an access into the Hall of Doors, but I don't really know that yet.

And it's okay to keep your reply short - it said exactly what you wanted to say. I just tend to get really large posts when I start writing... something I should work on getting rid of, maybe. Enjoy your vacation!

PS
I actually had a little question for you: you did say that you made all the models and stuff yourself, but how did you in that case get them so accurate? They really look a lot like the originals. Don't worry if you don't have time or don't want to reply - enjoy your holiday; I can wait.
What do you mean with models? Are you confusing me with Rayfan9876? :)
Rayman fan2000
Barbara
Tings: 10530

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

Shit.
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Rayman fan2000 wrote:Shit.
You don't like my project? :cry:
Mr. Dark Thingamajig
El Stomacho
Tings: 24320

Post by Mr. Dark Thingamajig »

I am looking forward to the appearance of the great spirit palmito
Off with their heads!
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Mr. Dark Thingamajig wrote:I am looking forward to the appearance of the great spirit palmito
Well, unfortunately, I have no images to show. Though some other info.
:wink: