Rayman merchandise

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman merchandise

Post by Rayfist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:58 am

Happyhaunter wrote:When it comes to Rayman, one is never enough! There's just not many items to collect and so owning multiples of hard to find items seems pretty satisfying.
That sounds a bit selfish though to those trying to get there hands on those and having difficulty doing so, not to sound rude.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

HappyHaunter
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 1565

Post by HappyHaunter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:57 am

Rayfist wrote:
Happyhaunter wrote:When it comes to Rayman, one is never enough! There's just not many items to collect and so owning multiples of hard to find items seems pretty satisfying.
That sounds a bit selfish though to those trying to get there hands on those and having difficulty doing so, not to sound rude.
I think we've been throwing the word "selfish" pretty easily around here these days. If one wants something, then they should work hard to get it. Not everybody is going to give you a piggy-back ride.

A majority of items I have shared have not been simple transactions any individual can perform. Many of them spanned from a month to up to almost a year in order to be successful. They have involved several e-mails, rejections, middle-men, etc. Most people would not be willing to keep trying for such a long period but I did because it's something I care for. Sometimes I get messages on Youtube in which people ask me where to find certain Rayman stuff. Whenever I point them in the direction of a foreign language site (this can also be Ebay), they usually respond with something along the lines of "Too much work" in regards to translating.

Hope that is a sufficient response for you. I'm really bad with words.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 am

HappyHaunter wrote:
Rayfist wrote:
I think we've been throwing the word "selfish" pretty easily around here these days. If one wants something, then they should work hard to get it. Not everybody is going to give you a piggy-back ride.
Yes, but it'll be even harder to find if someone takes them, there are many other Rayman collectors who wish to obtain these items for there collection, how do you know that some of these people aren't looking on those obscure French websites and digging deep? I just think theres no need to buy multiple of the same thing. You're a dedicated collector, but there are other Rayman collectors out there who definetly look up to you for that, and you simply make it harder for the ones who look up to you to find these particular items. They're short on supply, so you're making it more difficult for these collectors to obtain these items. I just find you might be making it unnecessarily harder for others.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 am

WeshKanapesh wrote:I fucking don't care, I have somethin' you will never have: Michel Ancel gift + An exclusive message from him. :)
Wow, dick.
HappyHaunter wrote:I think we've been throwing the word "selfish" pretty easily around here these days. If one wants something, then they should work hard to get it. Not everybody is going to give you a piggy-back ride.

A majority of items I have shared have not been simple transactions any individual can perform. Many of them spanned from a month to up to almost a year in order to be successful. They have involved several e-mails, rejections, middle-men, etc. Most people would not be willing to keep trying for such a long period but I did because it's something I care for. Sometimes I get messages on Youtube in which people ask me where to find certain Rayman stuff. Whenever I point them in the direction of a foreign language site (this can also be Ebay), they usually respond with something along the lines of "Too much work" in regards to translating.
I understand that perhaps for you, owning two of the same thing is different than owning one, it isn't simply owning two separate items. The problem is, while satisfying your wants, you're making it harder for other people, because these items are rare. When things are in short supply, sharing is sort of a give-in virtue. For every rare item you buy, you remove one from only a handful of them sitting online. Justifying owning multiple copies of the same thing is the same as attempting to justify owning every single one in the world.

Additionally, saying that not buying something is giving you a 'piggy-back ride' is completely invalid unless you're actually buying all the easy-to-get ones, which means that because you want to own multiple of the exact same thing, you are making it harder for others above and beyond simply reducing the small number of them online, which you clearly said isn't the case, so I don't know why you said that.

HappyHaunter
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 1565

Post by HappyHaunter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:56 am

As carefully as I tried to word it all, I still failed. :)

In the end, everyone's got their own opinions and reasoning. I'll just drop it from my end.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:55 am

The only problem with that being that it directly affects those around you in a negative way, and a lot of people aren't happy about that, so it's not as easy to just brush off as being an opinion.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:32 am

I fully agree with what Adsolution said.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 am

HappyHaunter wrote:When it comes to Rayman, one is never enough! There's just not many items to collect and so owning multiples of hard to find items seems pretty satisfying.
That's like me with the Bionicle Kanohi Masks... I'm almost drowning.

Is this made out of an old VHS case?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331170019621? ... 4d1b457925

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 am

Yeah, this is definitely not real Jaguar box.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2675

Post by Snagglebee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 am

No it's the Universal Game Case I guess. You can put many game cartridges for most system in it and you can print out the covers from thecoverproject. I got one one too as you can see, but I didn't print my own cover:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6941a9mtfnk2l ... 6%2012.jpg

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:24 am

Oh, wait, emshomar, does that mean you no longer want the Rayman Compilation disc I was bidding for for you? ...?
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 am

I can bet he still wants it. He is collector and wants it for owning physical copy too.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:28 am

Alright. Well, we're still the only bidder. We'll wait it out and see when she stops the auction. She might leave it up for a few months still, though.
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

rolesfamily
Magicien
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:06 am

I don't see the problem with owning duplicates of rare items. It's probably not a good idea to brag about it in front of other collectors, because you'll just piss them off. - Like what's just happened. But if you see the opportunity to own a duplicate, then why not? You'd be a sap if you were like

'OH NO BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER COLLECTORS, THEY MAY NOT GET A CHANCE!'

Sure there's some element of fairness, but you can't let it dictate your purchases. Especially if we're talking about things which may go up in value over time. It's business. It's just dumb business to start telling people here that you've got multiple ones. I don't blame people for being pissed at that, if I was collecting something and someone had like 3 and I was desperate just to own 1 I'd be annoyed at them too.

I can just see it from the person who owns the 3s perspective. It works both ways. They'll be able to sell you their duplicates are a serious premium one day ;)
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:11 am

Shrooblord wrote:Oh, wait, emshomar, does that mean you no longer want the Rayman Compilation disc I was bidding for for you? ...?
Nonononooo, don't get me wrong here. I still want to have a legit copy of Rayman Compilation!
Shrooblord wrote:Alright. Well, we're still the only bidder. We'll wait it out and see when she stops the auction. She might leave it up for a few months still, though.
Is there any way to make this faster?

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:51 am

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:21 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote:My dear friends, enjoy :D
https://mega.co.nz/#!LhBBHCzA!maLs4iy0E ... 56dY8FY2vw
Thank you soo much, I am downloading this right away :D

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm in full agreement with what Rayfist and especially in what Adsolution said. I can perfectly understand if a collector wants a duplicate of the item (like, you have one to fully use it and to exibit and the other in better state is saved for conserving its state) now three or more? Why? Really, but why? It is unfair for the others who want to get one thing or other, especially if it is a rare thing and they can purchase it. It is other item that disappears from the internet and nobody can guarantee if it will return.

I used to have four copies of Rayman 1 for PS1 but I felt bad in having so many. I thought it was a greedy attitude (an ugly thing), and that surely other people would love to get a copy for themselves especially in the conditions they were (mint). I sold two copies to one person that wanted a lot to have a specific edition and I sold the other one to a person that didn't have R1 yet. I am currently with two copies (1995 and 2000 editions) and I feel much happier with just by owning these. I made people happy and myself happier too.

I did the same thing for other Rayman stuff I used to have as extras and I feel much better than when I had multiple copies before. I think I did the right attitude.
Raymanni wrote: That's like me with the Bionicle Kanohi Masks... I'm almost drowning.
I actually have spare Kanohi Masks that I could sell you if you are interested. Same thing goes for other BIONICLE products I have. We can talk in PM if you like. ;)
I've seen the clock before in eBay but I am not sure about the autencity. However, the seller claims it was a promotional item distributed back in Rayman 3 release. [To be honest I find that clock very cheap looking]

Now for the bag, it was bundled with a special PlayStation pack containing lots of goods including a game copy. I got the bag alone from a local seller for just 7,50€!

@OCG Thanks!

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:28 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote:My dear friends, enjoy :D
https://mega.co.nz/#!LhBBHCzA!maLs4iy0E ... 56dY8FY2vw
That is interesting, I found the executable for Rayman by his Fans inside the disc though the level files and the setup were removed. Also the autorun looks similar to Rayman 100 Levels.

Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

emshomar wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:Alright. Well, we're still the only bidder. We'll wait it out and see when she stops the auction. She might leave it up for a few months still, though.
Is there any way to make this faster?
No. Of course not. It's all up to the bidder to say when she's done waiting for bids. She's waiting it out to see if she can get a better offer. If enough time passes and she doesn't, she'll sell it to us (you).