Ok, LISTEN GUYS! Rayman Gold in a Detergent.

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Ok, LISTEN GUYS! Rayman Gold in a Detergent.

Post by DavidSosa »

Well, i´ve seen a lot of curious releases of Rayman games, Rayman 2 in a Citroen Promotional release, Rayman 2 in Loreal Kids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Demo in Cheese Heads, etc. This are very bizarre ways to promote or giveaway a game like Rayman, but, theres aslo something that´s impossible to you to know, Rayman Gold on a chilean Detergent called Drive, but there are other people from Chile that also remembers Rayman Gold on cereals, but, why in all the things YOU can put a CD with a game in a Detergent, you can even give it free with a movie VHS, a keyboard, a supermarket promo, a restaurant, a cinema, but no in a DETERGENT, anyways, this possibly was made during the games´s release, and it was only in Chile, it´s almost impossible and unknown that the game were in spanish or the installer in spanish, who thinked in 1997-200? in Chile for put this disc in the detergent, is know that the same detergent also has some other popular games in CD, so, Was Ubi-Soft ok with this?
Last edited by DavidSosa on Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i hate myself
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Re: Ok, LISTEN GUYS! Rayman Gold in a Detergent.

Post by Elite Piranha »

Do you have any image of the disc that comes with the detergent?, I was able to find this from an r/chile thread (but the exact source is not specified):

I think at the bottom of the CD it says "Juego Completo" which means it is the full game, not a demo.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I guess it also has music, since it's not an English version :mrgreen:
These findings just keep getting weirder all right! :lol:
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 am I guess it also has music, since it's not an English version :mrgreen:
BTW, the original UK version that came in this yellow Big Box does have music. It's only the Focus/Revival re-release that doesn't.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

Elite Piranha wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:22 am Do you have any image of the disc that comes with the detergent?, I was able to find this from an r/chile thread (but the exact source is not specified):

I think at the bottom of the CD it says "Juego Completo" which means it is the full game, not a demo.
Yes, this is the disc than Chileans remember, its the only rayman gold release with a spanish cover, it has music because a lot of people have the game and says that the music game is amazing, its still unknown if the game WAS in spanish and there is NOT an archive.org release....
What do you think of the rayman gold release in chile, the game was unknown in Chile so they released in Drive detergent.
Extra: Time ago i posted about RRR leaderboards, does anybody have something to revive this function and release it here like Rayman 3?
i hate myself
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/produ ... 125875180/
well, the same Drive detergent Rayman Gold sealed is being selled, please if you can buy this
i hate myself
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

It's great to see that the front cover of this chilean release has finally been posted, thanks for sharing.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

DavidSosa wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:31 pm https://www.facebook.com/commerce/produ ... 125875180/
well, the same Drive detergent Rayman Gold sealed is being selled, please if you can buy this
Do you think he means 3500 Chilean Pesos (about 4USD) or does he actually want $3500 for it? :oops2:
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

obviously he´s talking about chilean pesos (4 dolars) i mean no one will buy a Rayman Gold CD sealed that come in a detergent FREE for 3500 dolars, c´mon dr_st, even the rayman 2 dreamcast with t shirt (more rare) costs 500 dolars
i hate myself
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

Well, if you want, I'll give you 4USD to buy it, since I don't have a Facebook account to do so directly. :)
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

saldy the seller and the cd is in chile, and i am from peru (even if chile is very close to peru, is still other country) Fortunately, the user here *ChileanPleasePlay* is from chile, so hey may buy the cd and rip it and upload it, dm him if you can
i hate myself