Who is your least favourite Rayman character?

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Re: Who is your least favourite Rayman character?

Post by CHRdutch »

Tily
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché
Tings: -5

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

The Magician (from Rayman 1)
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3135

Post by PluMGMK »

Haruka wrote:I don't mind a lot about Barbara but something I would like it more clear to me is if the levels of RL really pass in Glade locations or alternated dimensions. I find pretty confusing.
What makes you think they might be alternate dimensions?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

Well, the fact that they're inside paintings. That's the gist I got when I played it.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Jewish Candy wrote:It was ORIGIN-ally supposed to be an origin story, hence the name.
No, the name Rayman Origins means he's going back to gameplay origins, you dumpling.
Adsolution wrote:Well, the fact that they're inside paintings. That's the gist I got when I played it.
The Bubble Dreamer even says and I quote, "...the Glade of Dreams is in danger my friend." , you dumpling.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3135

Post by PluMGMK »

If I recall what I read in the Manual (did anyone else read that?), the nightmares carved out their own "worlds" in the Glade during the 100 year chaos, then Polokus made the paintings as portals to easily access these worlds.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I haven't the retail version of PC Rayman Legends so I hadn't access to a manual.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Huh, I poked around mine, and what do you know? It's there.
The Glade of Dreams is in trouble once again! During a 100-years nap, the nightmares multiplied, they spread, they created new monsters even more terrifying than before.

These creatures are the stuff of legends... dragons, giant toads, sea monsters and even evil luchadores. They created elaborate worlds within the Glade of Dreams and wreaked havoc by capturing every Teensie (THEY CHANGED THE SINGULAR AGAIN) in sight. Finally, with the help of Murfy, Rayman and Globox are awoken to help fight these nightmares and save the Teensies. When they awake, they see that their old friend Bubble Dreamer has filled his home with a series of magical paintings that reveal the worlds the nightmares have created.

In fact, each painting is actually a portal to travel to these worlds, so the gang jumps in and the adventure begins. They must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day, discover new friends and unlock the secrets of each legendary painting.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Well I played Legends once and didn't like it very much in comparison to Origins, aside from a few segments, so my memory is pretty much nonexistent.

Fuck though.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Adsolution wrote:Well I played Legends once and didn't like it very much in comparison to Origins, aside from a few segments, so my memory is pretty much nonexistent.

Fuck though.

Also, if these nightmares are attacking these worlds and the Bubble Dreamer is considered about the Glade of Dreams, then that must mean these worlds are a part of the Glade.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Aren't you at least happy that I liked Origins? :mrgreen:

Happy fennec friend
Obus à Pattes
Location: New York ( but I'm not going to get more specific for safety reasons)
Tings: 365

Post by Happy fennec friend »

I don't like Tilly or the bubble dreamer but for different reasons I find tilly an annoying piece of lombax crap but the bubble dreamer I just don't feel like he fits right in the void of the last God figure in rayman maybe just because we got polkus first ya know
On YouTube I posted a video its called" hi it's happy fennec friend" or something like that so check it out if you want to know what I look like

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53325

Post by Sabertooth »

Polokus and BD are the same person.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Happy fennec friend
Obus à Pattes
Location: New York ( but I'm not going to get more specific for safety reasons)
Tings: 365

Post by Happy fennec friend »

I know but they drastically changed the design and that bugs me a lot!!!!!!!!!
On YouTube I posted a video its called" hi it's happy fennec friend" or something like that so check it out if you want to know what I look like

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

I'm glad they did. Rayman 2's Polokus design is horrid and just plain ugly.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

And that's how it should be in R2 : he's god who had to abandon his world because he fucked up something real bad (though we don't know why). It makes sense to me that he looks like something bare and miserable.

His design in Origins/Legends also made sense to me during the time I thought both games were a prequel to R1. But since he's beloved again, he surely took his old form.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

That's an interesting idea, we know from Rayman Origin's lore that Polokus had the first bad dream, which birthed Jano and many nightmares, I've always thought that this event is what led to Polokus' seclusion, as he didn't want his creations to be hurt.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

Wouldn't that be an interesting game? Where Polokus makes a huge nightmare he can't wake up from and Rayman has to save the day, while he is constantly taunted by Jano (who should come back as a character in a game because why not, he awesome), which would ultimately explain why Polokus retired?

That's what I figured RO/RL was leaning up to. And then you crushed my dreams (no pun intended) by stating that they were sequels to R3.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Polokus' first nightmare is the reason why Rayman was summoned into existence, to fight them and Jano. We've never actually seen that tale in video game form, it'd be a neat area to consider if Montpellier ever wanted to.

Also this talk of Polokus and Rayman's creation makes me think back to the Knowledge of the World, we know that Rayman wasn't created by Polokus, as it was the power of the lums used by the Nymphs as stated by RO. But more intriguingly, Polokus was stated to come into being also through the power of the lums, in a way, this kinda makes Rayman more of a Polokus-like being, perhaps even a Demigod in terms of the inhabitants of the Glade.