Who is your least favourite Rayman character?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Who is your least favourite Rayman character?

Post by Haruka »

Xenon wrote:So main ones are Tily, Razorwife, Ly, Henchman 1000, Uglette and Barbara. Interesting what they all have in common besides the Hench.

I disliked the Rabbids and the Baby Globox things in RRR. I'm also not that fond of Murfy in the third game.
I personally would have liked to see Henchman 1000 in Rayman 2 even if it was in a secret room or anything (like the 1000th Lum one?).

I also dislike the design given to Baby Globoxes in RRR, they don't seem the same characters! :confus:

As for Murfy, I like the 3 different designs made so far, but I have a slighter preference for the first one. It has got that trace of cuteness. :P
Stormtrooper934
Moussu
Tings: 1000

Re: What is your least favorite Rayman character?

Post by Stormtrooper934 »

Stormtrooper934 wrote:Mine is Reflux. He's menacing... But that's really all we know about him! Nothing else! :|

UPDATE: Now it's got to be the Magicians from origins and legends. Changing the long haired magician from Rayman's species to the teensies was really dumb in my opinion, and the fact that their the only villains to come back in a main console Rayman game as the villain makes me cringe. We know even less about the magician teensies than Reflux!
UPDATE AGAIN: Tilly! Just... Tilly.
Windblade
Créature maléfique
Tings: 330

Post by Windblade »

ly the fairy, they just slapped her into every other game instead of betilla, that ruined my childhood, at least origins brought her(betilla) back
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

I've grown to tolerate the Rayman Arena cast lately because I realized how difficult it is to think of another R2 character whose size is suited for on-foot racing. Clark and the guards are too massive, Sssam is water-bound, and Carmen is both of those things. Ly could have obviously worked and I still don't understand why they didn't use her instead of Tilly, but beyond that the pickings are slim. I guess you have Uglette and Ninjaws, but Uglette is somewhat boring as a literal palette swap of Globox. Ninjaws would have been good I guess, but I actually kind of like Razorwife just for her sheer ridiculousness.

An idea I've had for years is that Henchman 1000 should have had the design of the enemies from the beta Rayman 2. They're described as being prototypes, after all. Also Tily would be slightly redeemed if she'd been playable in Legends.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Windblade wrote:ly the fairy, they just slapped her into every other game instead of betilla, that ruined my childhood, at least origins brought her(betilla) back
Yeah, I always found Ly boring. No suitable reason, she was just plain boring.
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

I find Ly rather boring too. I don't hate her, she just seems a little overrated to me. A lot of the fandom really likes her though.
Then again, a lot of my favourites aren't exactly the most exciting either.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Electoon
Barbara
Tings: 11900

Post by Electoon »

I definitely had the same reaction about Ly when I first saw Rayman 2. I was disappointed all the cast bar Rayman were missing from the game, and Ly was just an outright replacement for Betilla. That said, I don't hate the character and I actually think her cutscenes are neat, even if she does add up to part of my problem with the game as a whole.

As for Tilly, yeah, she still gives me the jibblies.
THEdragon
Clark

Post by THEdragon »

Everyone seems to have taken a disliking to Tily! I find that amusing, actually. I haven't played Rayman Arena, nor have I even watched any playthroughs, so I've yet to form any feelings towards her beyond indifference.
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

And that's all you need to know ;)
THEdragon
Clark

Post by THEdragon »

She looks like she's trying to pull a Dreamworks face but can't because she doesn't have any eyebrows!
The Amazing Rayman
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by The Amazing Rayman »

My least favorite character is Murfy. ESPECIALLY in Rayman 3.
Thankfully, in the newer games he shuts the hell up and actually starts helping you.
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

The Amazing Rayman wrote:My least favorite character is Murfy. ESPECIALLY in Rayman 3.
Thankfully, in the newer games he shuts the hell up and actually starts helping you.
You have a point, he was a pretty useless character up until Legends, where they made great use of him. I always liked Ly as the helper voice in Rayman 2, as in the PSX version, and Murfy is pretty obnoxious in Arena and 3 (although, so is everybody else by those games's writing. Figures :P)

Anyway, I came back here to bring up the Rabbids. Now, I don't hate the idea behind the characters, and their designs have a nice Aardmann like charm to them, but just everything about the execution in the Rabbids games are obnoxious. RRRs feels meanspirited to both Rayman and the player, and in a lot of the minigames, they frankly give me the jibblies :boon:. When I was trying to get an image for one of my blogs the other day, I sat through all the cutscenes of TV Party and by that point they were gratingly annoying. I get that that was the point, but you can perhaps feel for Rayman a little too much in the moment, they were borderline headache inducing! I guess the only game I like them in is Rayman Raving Rabbids for the GBA, but I like that for the game, not because of Rabbids.
The Amazing Rayman
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by The Amazing Rayman »

I can only fucking imagine being a Rayman fan during the Rabbids era.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

incognito wrote:Princesses, and Tily.
Same here.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

Rabbids, if that even counts. But if not, then Barbara. She has no back story as far as I know and makes no sense in the context of the games. In the first 3 games there was a kind of continuous aesthetic to the world and all the characters which is probably the thing I appreciate most next to the gameplay of a game yet Barbara is basically the opposite of that personified, and the whole of Legends threw any sort of story or coherence out the window.
Granted it's fun, but I miss being absorbed into the Rayman world as with the previous titles.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Tily is the worst for me. She was just an excuse for the inability to implement Ly in Rayman M/Arena/Rush. Period. She manages to be an irritating living thing in the game, I hate her screechy screams and whinings. The "cherry" in top of the cake (or should I say under?) is when she wins a battle. Oh and the music. The music just screams "I'M ALL PINK AND ROSES, GLITTER, RAINBOWS AND FLOWERS!", just terrible.

Then there are the infinity of princesses of Rayman Legends, many of them who simply exist to fill up space in the skins room. Barbara and one or two others manage to pass for me but they did exaggerate in the human presence in this game.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Ambidextroid wrote:But if not, then Barbara.

In all seriousness, one character that I don't like, would have to be Razorwife. She didn't fit at all in M/Arena. She doesn't even fit in the Rayman world, to be honest.

EDIT: Yeah, I also don't like Tily. When I was like 8 and playing Rush, I always wanted Rayman to shoot at her constantly.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

@Ray502 :lol: I guess I wasn't the only one having Tily as a preferred target in the battles!

Well, maybe Ubisoft isn't quite fond of her either? I remember a bunch of characters in Rayman Arena's intro cinematic electrifying her at once with combined shots.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Either that or UbiSoft wanted to give us the mindset to target her for being the "replacement" for Ly!

They could've done a tease where the characters in the intro just went ahead and electrified her forever.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Tily is not up there on my least favourites, because even though she looks like an abortion, I see some potential for a character there.