Rayman level you hate most?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Re: Rayman level you hate most?

Post by The Jonster »

Well at least what NOT to use. HD! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

I was thinking about the later games - Origins, Legends and their mobile counterparts - Jungle Run and Fiesta Run - and I realized I cannot think of a single level that I really hate so much. I guess the designers overall did a good job making the game balanced and not frustratingly difficult at any point.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I've found Riding the Storm tough enough, but the rest are pretty well done indeed!

Also it looks like this is the first time anyone's posted in this topic since Redemption came out! I think Choco Chambers deserves a mention. It soured me on those Rayman Junior levels with the Super Helicopter in Candy Château, which I used to like…
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Yeah, the Candy Château levels in Redemption are pretty painful. It became better when I got used to it, but it’s still far from being the best "new" parts in the game IMO.
Choco Chambers and Tasty Reception are those that exhausted me the most (as well as the castle part in Mr Dark’s Dare the first time I played it).
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Oh yes, that bloody castle part, and the boss fight after it, are the parts where playing on Classic mode really hurt me!

Of course, all this to say that I've only played the game once… :oops2: Someday I should try it on Demise mode…
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Well, The Tomb of the Ancients was certainly not fun when I first played it as a kid, I think it scared me more than The Cave of Bad Dreams.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It scared me a lot one time when Rayman somehow got stuck in a teleport loop when I jumped down through this hole:
Yes I fired up Raymap for this screenshot during Record Day…
Yes I fired up Raymap for this screenshot during Record Day…
snip-1657378533.png (417.34 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
So the screen was flashing between two locations, with the Spider's theme still playing, and I was powerless to do anything about it, and had to quit the game :(

For years afterwards I was always making sure the grille was fully open in case Rayman got caught in it… But it was probably just another one of those freak incidents :hap:
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Rayman 2's my favorite Rayman game and even my favorite game at least as of now but I did not like The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire. The plum is very frustrating. There is that part where you have to float on lava and avoid lava which hurts you. The level was also really long. I remember even rage quitting the level and quitting the game for a few days lol. Another level I do not like was The Iron Mountains. That ship section was so frustrating. I also remember not knowing what to do multiple times. (The part where there is a spinning platform and you have to do the switches. I think I didn't know you could go down it or was confused or something. The other part was with the shell and you have to hit the switch. I didn't understand that.)
Last edited by arnoldfranklin on Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I remember that at some point I was running away from the Zombie Chickens and wishing the level to be over already.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

You mean the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire? I guess it's a level you either love or hate…
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:14 pm You mean the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire? I guess it's a level you either love or hate…
Are you serious? I was thinking I had to check that but I didn't lol. Yes, that's what I mean.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Also I hear you about the spinning platform with the switches. It's a nice lesson in the Coriolis effect, but the targeting on one of the switches is borked…
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:58 pm It scared me a lot one time when Rayman somehow got stuck in a teleport loop when I jumped down through this hole:snip-1657378533.pngSo the screen was flashing between two locations, with the Spider's theme still playing, and I was powerless to do anything about it, and had to quit the game :(

For years afterwards I was always making sure the grille was fully open in case Rayman got caught in it… But it was probably just another one of those freak incidents :hap:
That reminds me of another glitch I had pretty often with the spiders in the DS version.
The game kept freezing completely when fighting most of them but the music kept going for a bit, except the last notes were frozen for a while, so you would hear some sort of eerie piano key for a few seconds. Felt pretty bone-chilling the first time! :oops2:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Oh wow, a fine intersection of annoyance and creepiness! So did it eventually unfreeze or did you have to reboot?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I had to reboot the console all the time, sadly!
That's what made me dislike the DS version even more as I had to pray the game wouldn't freeze for no reason in that level whenever there was a spider!
Never understood why it did that as it's the only level in this version that ever gave me a glitch like this. :paranormal:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Weird… I wonder if it was a bugged cartridge…
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

It also happens to be the only US version of a DS game I own, so perhaps it could be a compatibility issue with european consoles (yeah, for some reason someone sold it in a French bric-a-brac and so I had no idea why the box was so slim lol).
It was in very good condition so I didn't thought the cartridge was too old or damaged.

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, that might be it all right! Maybe some obscure DRM like the Pirate Head…
CosmicStrider
Barbara
Tings: 10700

Post by CosmicStrider »

Ooh I've got a lot to say about some levels... :tssk:

Rayman 1: The very start of Pencil Pentathlon. I'm so used to heading right immediately I usually wind up falling off on accident. It happens wayyy more than I'd like to admit. The only other level I don't like is the pan skiing part in Mr. Dark's Dare. I mean it looks awesome and fun but you're locked to that pan. Don't have enough momentum? Dead. You jumped wrong? Dead. I wonder if it would've just been easier to walk...

Rayman 2: The Iron Mountains in the 64 version. There's this one part where the water looks just like grass. I don't like that. Yes I fell for it. Happened to me when I was a kid too, I fell into a pond because it was covered in moss. The other nitpick is reaching the hot air balloon. I don't know why but that was really difficult for some reason.

Rayman 3: The Boat part. I can ace it, handle it just fine but it's BORING. Just run in circles for a few minutes and you'll get what I mean.

Rayman Arena: Spooky Towers. Cpu moves twice as fast or something. I don't like that. Moving on.

Rabbids 1: The juice minigame is torture that's however long you want it be. The memory minigame is also really hard for me because my memory is swiss cheese. And then there's the brain prodding minigame. It doesn't bother me, I just find it concerning.

Rabbids 2: The chessboard minigame. You just sit and stare at a chess piece for as long as you can before dying of boredom.

Tv Party: B.R.U.S.H. Your average morning routine but with motion controls. Flunky motion controls.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

CosmicStrider wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:30 pm The only other level I don't like is the pan skiing part in Mr. Dark's Dare. I mean it looks awesome and fun but you're locked to that pan. Don't have enough momentum? Dead. You jumped wrong? Dead. I wonder if it would've just been easier to walk...
I'd say it would definitely be easier to walk! That pan was a pretty neat trap that Mister Dark lay for Rayman!
CosmicStrider wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:30 pmRayman 2: The Iron Mountains in the 64 version. There's this one part where the water looks just like grass. I don't like that. Yes I fell for it.
Ah yes, that's pretty deceptive on the PC version too. Pretty sure I fell for it once as well, but I didn't make the same mistake again :oops2:
CosmicStrider wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:30 pmRayman Arena: Spooky Towers. Cpu moves twice as fast or something. I don't like that. Moving on.
Sounds right, there was definitely something up with that level. But it's in the Bonus League so I guess it makes sense!