Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
35%
PlayStation 3
11%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
14%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
5%

Total votes: 138

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by sergiomonty »

Greeness wrote:
Bradandez wrote:If character personality is one of your big concerns towards a game designed purely for gameplay, then you're in the wrong.
No I didn't mind it, origins and legends have some of the greatest game design I ever seen in a 2d platformer, I just feel like it would've been better if you had feelings towards these characters, like in rayman 1 where rayman speaks to the player when idling or the fact that he could use the grimace it gave him personality
LOL wut? If a silly face makes you feel for a character, then Rayman Origins and Legends should make you cry because those games are filled with those.

I'm pretty sure you don't really know what really made you like those characters, so you're relying on the nostalgia goggles to say "oh yeah, well, this classic rayman face made me feel this, unlike the new one which I don't feel anything for, even though it's basically the same". That's fine, though. Maybe there's another thing you're missing. It's a complicated formula. As I always say, it's easier to explain why a clock isn't working than explaing why it works.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

sergiomonty wrote:"oh yeah, well, this classic rayman face made me feel this, unlike the new one which I don't feel anything for, even though it's basically the same".
They're not really though, Rayman in the first game and in Origins give off completely different vibes. In the first game, Rayman's expressions and movements are relatively constrained and human - the style was more reminiscent of caricatured impressionism. In Origins, they're completely whacky/cartoony. This simple fact is why people say they can "feel" Rayman more as a character in the original, despite him not having even been given a character aside from his appearance and animation. What is there is more relatable.

Rayman not being relatable isn't a bad thing, but it's a perfectly reasonable thing to be able to like (or dislike).

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

sergiomonty wrote: Image
Okay maybe I wasn't following Origins's development enough, but what are those red things they're collecting? Proto lums that don't actually look like lums?
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

gamerz31w
Moustique
Tings: 900

Post by gamerz31w »

[QUOTE
Did he forget email as well? And password and username? In that case there's probably not much to do but create a new account I guess. His challenge data will be reset, though I believe everything else will be intact. I doubt downloading torrent will help, and if it will you won't be able to access the challenges as they require Uplay.
If he remembers his email at least he can always reset his password or contact Ubisoft support.[\QUOTE]
Well I created my new account, but I gained no further any e-mails from ubisoft about Uplay.When someone make mistake in registration for several times(when clicking create account) it blocks you for sometime.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Sabertooth wrote:Okay maybe I wasn't following Origins's development enough, but what are those red things they're collecting? Proto lums that don't actually look like lums?
If I'm not mistaken, these were prototype Electoons. Players would collects these by the handful.

gamerz31w
Moustique
Tings: 900

Post by gamerz31w »

Well few years ago my brother used uplay account on his deleted o2.pl e-mail it was useless because now he didn't recall to uplay pc tech support only I called them because I was blocked for few days for wrong login after creating my own accounts.It's just my attempts.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

Bradandez wrote:
Sabertooth wrote:Okay maybe I wasn't following Origins's development enough, but what are those red things they're collecting? Proto lums that don't actually look like lums?
If I'm not mistaken, these were prototype Electoons. Players would collects these by the handful.
I thought that was the prototype health bar system they tried to bring back from Rayman 1 but scrapped due to it being too difficult to implement to the new gameplay.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Game Grumps are playing Rayman Legends.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Honestly I really want to see them play Rayman 1 and see Arin get his ass handed to him.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Dart
Aglagl

Post by Dart »

He can't even play Legends right how in the heck would be able to play the first game?!

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

A bit proud of myself on this one :D

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Thank god the Game Grumps stopped playing Rayman Legends. They suck so hard playing this game.

Pirez
Ly

Post by Pirez »

Thank god playing video games is not about having fun in any way but being the goddest of the gods. No wonder you're one of the kool kids Bruhd :roll:

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

They don't even seem like they're having fun. It felt forced as hell.

Pirez
Ly

Post by Pirez »

Admittedly, I only watched the first two episodes, but I do recall Danny requesting playing more of it because "it is delightful"

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Bradandez wrote:They don't even seem like they're having fun. It felt forced as hell.
Yep. This is honestly the problem I have with modern grumps. It's obvious Arin doesn't really enjoy most of the games they play on that show.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

It would've just been 75 episodes of Arin screwing up every quick reaction segment anyway. He's a cool dude but been at it way too long, his interest and "reactions" are starting to feel kinda forced in the past year. I just know the entire Sonic Adventure playthrough is him complaining because he shoved the controller up his ass and the game doesn't work that way.

Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Dart
Aglagl

Post by Dart »

Funnily enough the Grumps (in general) are much more invested and happy outside of the grump room than in it. They recently set up a bunch of podcast interviews and the Arin speaking on those was a lot more interesting than the silly stage persona he does on the show, and he casually admits as much too.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

Yeah I noticed that too, saw his Philip DeFranco interview and that let's play he's doing with Oney and both times he seemed much more in touch with what you'd see on Grumps a couple years back. I guess it's just inevitably turning into routine.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]