Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
46
35%
PlayStation 3
15
11%
Xbox 360
8
6%
PlayStation Vita
4
3%
PC
33
25%
PlayStation 4
18
14%
Xbox One
3
2%
Switch
5
4%
 
Total votes: 132

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Tings: 1035

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Raven_Guardian » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Not only Rayman but every single recuring characters introduced in Rayman 1 or 2 change a lot in Rayman 3 and Origins.

Murphy is now a comic relief who breaks the fourth wall.
The kind fairy Betilla becomes a teasing prostitute
Globox gets stupider
the same for the teensies
The respectable and wise Polokus becomes the silly Bubble Dreamer
etc

I'm a bit disapointed that since Rayman 3, the Rayman series seems to be nothing but overdone jokes.

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by sergiomonty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Raven_Guardian wrote: Murphy is now a comic relief who breaks the fourth wall.
The kind fairy Betilla becomes a teasing prostitute
Globox gets stupider
the same for the teensies
The respectable and wise Polokus becomes the silly Bubble Dreamer
etc
Here's a more proper comparison

Murphy: Cheerful helper>>> Sarcastic asshole>>> Cheerful though mischievous helper
Globox: Kind guy >>> Complete loser, stupid,and coward>>> Stupid blue blob who enjoys slapping everything
Teensies: Ok, they're the same, a bunch of weirdos.
Polokus: Wise God > Hippie
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

gamegirl the rayfan
Reclu
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: in my litte grond brorw at the out skirt of the candy cheutu
Tings: 680

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by gamegirl the rayfan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 pm

when globox reinact the time after rayman tryed to rape when he thro up on rayman after he passed out and pass out then fall on him and farts

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Master » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Ok, now we need an intervention, MODS, WE NEED YOU!
Swerving back on topic, I guess I could handle the character changes initially, since the idea was for them to "mature" into the heroes of the Trilogy, but given RO's sequel status, that idea no longer applies, as such, the changes just feel odd.
Image

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 8093
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Tings: 5782

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by saerleiya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 am

What need the characters of Rayman games is more deepness. It's true that we know nothing about them (this is not the main goal of the series though...).
Their evolution made me pissed off, but many games don't have real explanation about their characters (I'm thinking about Crash Bandicoot mainly).
The problem with Rayman is that the characters changed too much through the different games. I can't find the real Rayman into this mess :?...
Image
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by sergiomonty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 am

What would Ly think if she saw the new Rayman?... of course, if Ly's personality isn't changed in later games...
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 8093
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Tings: 5782

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by saerleiya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 am

sergiomonty wrote:What would Ly think if she saw the new Rayman?... of course, if Ly's personality isn't changed in later games...
If ever it happens and that she becomes like Betilla, there will be no more future for Rayman :pascontent:
Last edited by saerleiya on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by sergiomonty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:30 am

I guess they used Betilla as sex appeal because... well... Her character is hardly memorable, and her original design is kinda lame (yes, I said that). So they decided to use 2 factors to attract the audience: Sex appeal, and Retro appeal (very used in the most recent Mario games, EHEM). Considering that Betilla was an almost forgotten character, I guess not many people would get hurt about her bimbo-fication.

Ly, in the other hand... is mysterious and mystical, you can't simply turn her into sex appeal, she's supposed to be amazing in every sense of the word.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 8093
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Tings: 5782

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by saerleiya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 am

I think Dark Rayman is in the same case : as he appears only in the first game, people don't know him. People who don't know the franchise surely thought the skin was created for RO and that he represents nothing more than a suit for the character of Rayman (a funny Dark Rayman...now I'm thinking about it, it sounds very weird to me derp :shock: ).
Image
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Tings: 1035

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Raven_Guardian » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am

I guess they used Betilla as sex appeal because... well... Her character is hardly memorable, and her original design is kinda lame (yes, I said that). So they decided to use 2 factors to attract the audience: Sex appeal, and Retro appeal (very used in the most recent Mario games, EHEM). Considering that Betilla was an almost forgotten character, I guess not many people would get hurt about her bimbo-fication.
I was. Since the first trailer.
As Rayman 1 is my favorite game in the series, I never forgot the characters from this game. Sorry, I prefer fairies to harlots.

Cairnie
Magicien
Posts: 9804
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: robin hood land
Contact:
Tings: 78430

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Cairnie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:01 am

WTF guys the nymphs in Origins aren't THAT scantily clad, sure it is indeed sex appeal but MAYBE you should play games like Dead or Alive and see how much the girls in that wear.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Haruka » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

Nobody complains about Lara Croft also. :mryellow:

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21905
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Adsolution » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

Cairnie wrote:WTF guys the nymphs in Origins aren't THAT scantily clad, sure it is indeed sex appeal but MAYBE you should play games like Dead or Alive and see how much the girls in that wear.
I think it's more the fact that they redesigned the character to have sex appeal, not that the game itself has sex appeal.

El Dango
Clark
Posts: 12896
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Where you need me the most
Contact:
Tings: 105675

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by El Dango » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 pm

sergiomonty wrote:Her character is hardly memorable, and her original design is kinda lame (yes, I said that).
You! How dare you claim that the masterpiece known as Rayman 1 is even slightly flawed in ANY aspect!? I grew up with it and therefore it is perfect!
Image
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by sergiomonty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:11 pm

El Dango wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:Her character is hardly memorable, and her original design is kinda lame (yes, I said that).
You! How dare you claim that the masterpiece known as Rayman 1 is even slightly flawed in ANY aspect!? I grew up with it and therefore it is perfect!
*sigh*
'kay then, my opinion is wrong and you're right:

Image

Image
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21905
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Adsolution » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 pm

El Dango wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:Her character is hardly memorable, and her original design is kinda lame (yes, I said that).
You! How dare you claim that the masterpiece known as Rayman 1 is even slightly flawed in ANY aspect!? I grew up with it and therefore it is perfect!
Sure it had its flaws, but not even close to the amount Origins has.

El Dango
Clark
Posts: 12896
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Where you need me the most
Contact:
Tings: 105675

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by El Dango » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm

I dunno, maybe if I had played the first one a little earlier in my life I would understand this point of view. I'm glad this isn't the case though, if it meant I wouldn't enjoy Origins so much.
Image
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Spain
Tings: 12809

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by TeensieKing » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Raven_Guardian wrote:The kind fairy Betilla becomes a teasing prostitute
I think this is the best phrase I've read in a while :lol:
saerleiya wrote: many games don't have real explanation about their characters (I'm thinking about Crash Bandicoot mainly).
Errr characters in Crash Bandicoot series do have an explanation. All of them.
Image

GNineify
Space Mama
Posts: 1966
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 am
Location: dunked
Contact:
Tings: 38675

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by GNineify » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Wii U will come to DigiExpo at Finland. I could tell y'all about my experiences with the console and the game, if it will be seen there, but most likely though! Just remember that I'm already very optimistic about Wii U, so no negative point of view. Sorry, cynical people who think that pointless negativity is cool.
Image
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!

Cairnie
Magicien
Posts: 9804
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: robin hood land
Contact:
Tings: 78430

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Cairnie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I didn't get to actually hold the gamepad at Eurogamer so if you do tell us what it's actually like OK? :wink:
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

Post Reply