Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
34%
PlayStation 3
10%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
7%

Total votes: 148

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Master »

Everyone gets $1000? Seems like too big an amount for simple participation.
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Bionichute wrote:What ranking is 39th place? It doesn't matter, I think everyone besides the Diamond ranked players get 1000 dollars, am I correct about that?
39th is Gold, I believe. I'm 30th, and Gold.

And no, everybody isn't getting that kind of money. The Gold tier has $1,000 worth of prizes to be distributed between all competitors in that rank. Diamond has $2,000 between all in that tier (meaning that everyone will get great prizes there, as there are only 8 people in that tier).
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
Still a nice amount, methinks I've missed out, though my skill isn't anything spectacular anyways, and I have other things to focus on too.
Rayrobi
Clark
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

Bionichute wrote:What ranking is 39th place? It doesn't matter, I think everyone besides the Diamond ranked players get 1000 dollars, am I correct about that?
You're in the gold tier, i can even see you there.
sonicbrawler182 wrote:
And no, everybody isn't getting that kind of money. The Gold tier has $1,000 worth of prizes to be distributed between all competitors in that rank. Diamond has $2,000 between all in that tier (meaning that everyone will get great prizes there, as there are only 8 people in that tier).
Yeah so everyone gets about 250$ in the diamond tier. Everyone else gets about 30-40$ in the other tiers.

Anyway, i did 34.06 in the daily extreme, and i'm not first, Legendary Mario did 33.76 already. O_O

EDIT: I just did 33.60!!
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident
Tings: 375

Post by Raymancollecter »

Guys in case anyone still wanted to add the exclusive ubisoft rayman skin to the wiki (i'm not very good with the wiki tbh) I messaged a PSN user using the skin (I won't give out his name in case he doesn't want me to) and he confirmed he works for the dev team and was happy to answer any questions I had. basically he told me that the official name of the skin is "ubiray" and it has no description because it is not in the game (not exactly sure how it works) but he said that the dev team were given a code (presumably to use on the PSN Store for PS3 users) that enables the skin. And to no avail was he willing to give me the code haha but I had to ask ;) .
Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins > Rayman Legends
Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Finally some closure on UbiRay.
Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Thanks very much, Raymancollector, for closing this issue. 250 tings for your efforts.
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident

Thanks Master, yea I'm still wishing that the skin will one day be available but I doubt it. really wish it had a description too. I am intrigued about how it works but I didn't want to constantly message him in case he was busy or he might get annoyed. seeing as how he kept telling me it wasn't in the game i'm guessing that maybe you enter the code and it takes you straight to the challenges? maybe it is it's own application just for challenges i'm not sure. I made sure to mention he should check out pirate community and the wiki though!
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Now you made me curious. Pity nobody in the forum could share the codes of the other skins.
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident

Ok I take back what I said about perhaps it is only for use in the challenges, one of the other dev's posted a pic of him using the skin in an ordinary level, so I guess that theory is ruled out. Still, I wonder what my dev meant by the fact that it's not in the game?

[Here's the proof btw] https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQ ... UaW0_RCNPg
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3390

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft »

Got all the Teensies, creatures, and beat every level. All I have left is the rest of the costumes. I think I can give a final verdict.

Gameplay:
The same as Origins, the controls are still great and so is the level design. The Murfy levels, while not the best levels in the game, were still fun and were nowhere near as bad as some people said. There were a couple of times, were I was like "GLOBOX YOU DIPSHIT!!", but overall they were fun. My least favorite part, were the Invasion levels, some of them are actually really fun, but others are down right frustrating. I'm looking at you, Infiltration Station. The music levels are fantastic, but I think the 8-bit levels were a bit unnecessary, the could of just made new music levels.

Graphics:
What more can I say that hasn't been said, Legends is a BEAUTIFUL looking game. All the characters are expressive and the game is filled with tons of personality in both levels and enemies.

Music:
Christophe Heral does it again. The game is filled with catchy, silly, and even downright epic songs. They all fit the levels perfectly. The remixes of Eye of Tiger, Black Betty, and Woo Hoo are great as well.

Nitpicks:
I think you know were this is going. My only real nitpick is the story, or lack there of. One of my problems with Origins was it's small story, not only was I mad that that removed the Origin story all together, but the fact that they cut out a VERY IMPORTANT PIECE OF DIALOUGE. Legends somehow managed to less of a story than Origins, there isn't even a proper ending! I really hope the next Rayman game has a story, 2D or 3D. Just to let you know, this won't effect the game's overall rating.

Verdict:
Overall, Legends is a fantastic entry in the series. I can't really decide if I liked it more or less than Origins, so I'll say they're tied. While Rayman 3 is still my favorite game in the series, Origins/Legends are a very close second. I recommend getting the Wii U version, and/or on Vita if you want it on the go (although I don't have a Vita myself.) I can't wait to see what the future holds in store for the limbless hero.

B+
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)
Bionichute
Glombrox
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/armj/

The Japanese site is up. It's pretty cool, better than the english site at least. It's even got high quality images of the world paintings, and descriptions for each world. Maybe someone can go and translate them, and maybe pull the images from the site, we could use it for the Raywiki?
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

I would do a review of Legends, but I doubt it'd be of much relevance. I'll probably make a video review as part of a Rayman Retrospective, one day.

There's also the fact I should be recording a 100% playthrough with commentary, so I will be expressing many of my thoughts in that.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Bionichute wrote:http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/armj/

The Japanese site is up. It's pretty cool, better than the english site at least. It's even got high quality images of the world paintings, and descriptions for each world. Maybe someone can go and translate them, and maybe pull the images from the site, we could use it for the Raywiki?
Give OCG a PM, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help out.
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3390

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:I would do a review of Legends, but I doubt it'd be of much relevance. I'll probably make a video review as part of a Rayman Retrospective, one day.

There's also the fact I should be recording a 100% playthrough with commentary, so I will be expressing many of my thoughts in that.
You have a YouTube channel?
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Yes, though I haven't uploaded anything in a while.

However, the Legends playthrough won't be on my channel if I do it. One of my new college friends has a group channel he started two months ago. He wants to keep expanding the kind of games that are on it, and he would like me to join the group. So I'm hoping to join, and handle old school games, as well as Nintendo stuff, and just any games I like that aren't already represented.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Ah, so you're going to be part of a collab channel? Neat.
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Yeah, hopefully it works out! I'm still not sure about joining, due to college projects and what not. I want to join, but I don't want to do so until I know my workload will be completely manageable.

But the channel will handle all kinds of things, especially if I join. Commentaries, guide videos, reviews, rants, skits, the whole lot.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

I hope it does well, might give you something fun to do on the side of all the work, always good to have some fun projects to do alongside woeful, but necessary study.
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Well, considering I'm doing Games Design, it's less about study, and more about practical assignments. I do have an exam at the end of the year, but my tutor told me it's so easy, I could do it now, and still get full marks. Still, meeting deadlines is my only concern.

Also, for anyone interested in the collab channel I might be on, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1UsIBKjuCRBx7IzbV6vINg

It isn't much right now, but it was only set up two months ago, and the guys are still working out the kinks. I actually may end up designing logos and intros for the channel.