Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
34%
PlayStation 3
10%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
7%

Total votes: 148

TFDS
Clark
Tings: 123715

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by TFDS »

It's first time for me.
Drolpiraat wrote:*reads the script*

*finds out the truth about [naked Rayman]*

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Raymancollecter wrote:Just wanted to say, If anyone is in a PAL region (Europe, UK, Australia) if you have a PS3 and are wanting the Assassin's Creed Rayman Skin there are still some left here
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RAYMAN-LEGEN ... 27d8cfc6dd
(I bought it and it works, he messages you the code)

He also sells the XBOX 360 splinter cell Rayman skin.
Great links. Also I see your signature. Why do you dislike RL?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rayrobi
Clark
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

This is the first day of the Grand Finals of the Rayman Legends Competition of BeyondGaming, wish me good luck! :)
Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Go get 'em, Rayrobi, RPC salutes you, Brawler and all of its other contestants!
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

So can anyone tell me what I have to do for the grand finals? There doesn't seem to be much information on it.

Also, I checked the Diamond Tier prizes, and there is an ELGATO HD CAPTURE CARD! D:
Now I'm really bummed out about not joining earlier, I knew it was going to be a prize. I could of really used that.

The Gold Tier prizes are a bit underwhelming though, at least for me. I don't really do much online gaming, and when I do, I don't have anyone who uses a headset to play with, so while I can get a fancy, expensive headset out of this, I won't use it at all (I may just sell it if I can't find use for it). And I haven't got a clue what "SciFi-Book" is...searched for it on Google and I just got random "Top 100 Sci-Fi Books" listings and what not. I think the prizes are actually strange considering this is a Rayman Legends competition, sans the Elgato. Considering how this competition is backed by Ubisoft, it would of been cool if they made some exclusive Rayman merch for this competition *coughRayman'shoodiecough*.

Ah well, this competition has been fun regardless. I like the friendly atmosphere that still shined despite the competitive spirit. And hey, I actually feel half decent at something now! It's just that it would of been nice if the Gold prizes were more useful/appealing to me, as I have been doing these Challenges right after college, combined with my lack of sleep, so it's actually been a bit stressful for me to get a good run in each day (especially during the open round, as I joined so late, I pushed to get really high each day).

EDIT: Yeah, the Silver and Bronze Tiers pretty much have the same prize packages as the Gold Tier. That's...honestly making me feel kind of pathetic, because I could of taken it fairly easy, won the Top prize in the Bronze Tier, and got the same prize as I can get in the Gold Tier, which required quite a bit of effort for me to get into because I joined so late.
Last edited by sonicbrawler182 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Rayrobi
Clark

Post by Rayrobi »

could of could've

These rewards are really strange, yeah. And you don't have to do anything, you are already there in the grand finals, the top 8 of every tier gets in, and seeing you were 1st in the gold tier, you already made it.
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

shoosh I'm allowed to hav grammar mess ups ok ;)

And I just did a quick check, and an Elgato HD Capture Card is $179.95 (on their official site). While the Astro Gaming A30 Headset is $199.99 (on their official site). And that's not considering the price of the "SciFi-Book" added on, whatever it is.

Why didn't they make the 1st Prize in the Gold Tier just an Elgato Capture Card and nothing else, and then the second prize the headset and book? Yeah, that would mean the first prize is worth less than the second in terms of money, but it would of been cheaper on the organizers of this competition to do so, while also providing a prize worth competing for.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Rayrobi
Clark

Post by Rayrobi »

The Elgato Game Capture Card costs about 250-300$ here, which is a lot more than i expected. :shock: Those GunnarOptik glasses seem to have no real value, what are those for anyway? AND why do they cost 79$?
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Rayrobi wrote:The Elgato Game Capture Card costs about 250-300$ here, which is a lot more than i expected. :shock: Those GunnarOptik glasses seem to have no real value, what are those for anyway? AND why do they cost 79$?
Yeah, whatever place is selling the Elgato at such a price is completely ripping off people. There is a similar situation with Hauppauge PVRs. My friend got a Hauppauge PVR (which I am currently borrowing) for about €220, from some third party seller. I checked both the official UK and US Hauppauge sites, and the latest model of the PVR should not cost anymore than €130. He got completely ripped off.
I think third party sellers are just taking advantage of the fact that gamers are not very aware of the real value of these capture cards.

And yeah, those glasses seem pretty desperate...I don't need special "Gaming Glasses" to have a good experience with a game, my eyes work perfectly fine. I don't see how they would help with long gaming sessions, I've played games for 10 hours straight just fine.

Then again, maybe they are actually useful for people with de-buffed eyesight, but I wouldn't know.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

At least in two weeks I fully finish the Wii U version with both Rayomz and Level 11. Now for PC, getting Level 11 will take forever even with the Gold cups...

On a side note, in PC I am in the ranking number 99 out of 34000 (?) players. :)
Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Referring to TFD's post from the last page, maybe the scores got cleared for new ones?
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident
Tings: 375

Post by Raymancollecter »

OldClassicGamer wrote:
Raymancollecter wrote:Just wanted to say, If anyone is in a PAL region (Europe, UK, Australia) if you have a PS3 and are wanting the Assassin's Creed Rayman Skin there are still some left here

Well honestly I feel the series is going down hill. As the sequels were released more story was being added but gameplay wasn't sacrificed and I loved that, but now I feel like Ubisoft are trying to make rayman too mainstream and targeting kids with all these 'challenges' minigames and all that stuff. I just really loved Rayman when it was more of a journey and narrative (although I know there was never too much story, with the exception of R2). I did enjoy Origins a lot though it let me down hugely when compared to the announcement trailer (which focused on Rayman and Globox's friendship) And when I saw legends, I'll admit I wasn't excited at all. It has just become so gimmicky to the point where I don't enjoy it anymore. And I know I will probably get bashed for saying these things but all these 'music levels' the singing lums, purple lums that you have to get in order... I hate all of it. I just feel it has no place in the Rayman universe though I respect peoples opinions and obviously a lot of you love that stuff and that's fine, just stating how I feel.
Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins > Rayman Legends
Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

eh, you make a fair point. i wouldn't say rayman could ever be "mainstream" just because the franchise is so bizarre. what you speak of is a fairly common idea thats been circling around in the RPC, and while i agree, I also have to argue that Fiesta and the underwater worlds offer very unique gameplay... on the wiiu :)
TheTempurmental
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3930

Post by TheTempurmental »

Ugh. Gimmicks and innovation aren't the same thing.
OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Raymancollecter wrote:
OldClassicGamer wrote:

Well honestly I feel the series is going down hill. As the sequels were released more story was being added but gameplay wasn't sacrificed and I loved that, but now I feel like Ubisoft are trying to make rayman too mainstream and targeting kids with all these 'challenges' minigames and all that stuff. I just really loved Rayman when it was more of a journey and narrative (although I know there was never too much story, with the exception of R2). I did enjoy Origins a lot though it let me down hugely when compared to the announcement trailer (which focused on Rayman and Globox's friendship) And when I saw legends, I'll admit I wasn't excited at all. It has just become so gimmicky to the point where I don't enjoy it anymore. And I know I will probably get bashed for saying these things but all these 'music levels' the singing lums, purple lums that you have to get in order... I hate all of it. I just feel it has no place in the Rayman universe though I respect peoples opinions and obviously a lot of you love that stuff and that's fine, just stating how I feel.
Very well, I respect your opinion. While I disagree about Legends, I have to say that I agree on Rayman 1 being the best Rayman ever.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 125

Post by Ray502 »

OldClassicGamer wrote:
Raymancollecter wrote:
OldClassicGamer wrote:

Very well, I respect your opinion. While I disagree about Legends, I have to say that I agree on Rayman 1 being the best Rayman ever.
Your right OCG, Rayman 1 is the best there is, possibly Rayman Legends is #2 on my list with Rayman Origins on #3.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Henchman1028
Razoff
Tings: 7606

Post by Henchman1028 »

In my opinion: Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman 1 > Rayman Legends > Rayman Origins. A lot of the new fans who like Origins and Legends hate the 3D Rayman games, though.
OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Rayman 1 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Legends > Rayman Origins > Rayman 3
If new game is in 2D like RL, then it will become my third favourite if it improved everything from Legends + add story and new gameplay, while other games on list would move for one place.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Hey, Hunch1028, a reminder that you can start the quiz next week, as we'll have passed the fortnight.
As for the current discussion, I think I've poured out enough about my favourites, so I'll just keep it shut.
Henchman1028
Razoff
Tings: 7606

Post by Henchman1028 »

Thank you for reminding me, Master.