Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
34%
PlayStation 3
10%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
7%

Total votes: 148

TFDS
Clark
Tings: 123715

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by TFDS »

Rayman 1 > Rayman Legends > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins
Drolpiraat wrote:*reads the script*

*finds out the truth about [naked Rayman]*

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

I would disagree with a lot of recent statements made about Legends here, but I'm not in the mood to debate, and to be honest, I've kind of accepted that a lot of Rayman fans care to have at least a semi-serious story, and a bit of a cinematic experience. For me, the atmosphere of Legends and overall adventurous spirit was enough.

Anyway, if you guys were hoping I would be the "RPC GOLD TIER REPRESENT YO", then I maaaay have messed up...
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Rayrobi
Clark
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

My brother is actually the first in the gold tier right now! :D
Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

TFDs39 wrote:Rayman 1 > Rayman Legends > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins
3>1>origins>2>RRR>legends

yes i like 3 the most, sue me!
jurebj
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by jurebj »

2 and 3 > 1, origins and legends
Image Image
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident
Tings: 375

Post by Raymancollecter »

I realise that my sig probably contradicts what I'm saying (seeing as Rayman 1 had barely any story) but for me personally I like either a lot of story being told to you through cut scenes or dialogue (Rayman 2) or nothing being told to you and you having to piece what's happening together through the characters you meet and the environments you are in (Rayman 1) and this I think is why I found Rayman 1 so magical (and perhaps because I was about 5 and watching my dad play the first video game I had ever seen). My favourite area was the dream forest, just because of all the interesting characters you meet; the mosquito's, TARAYZAN (who remains my favourite character, I love the mystery of him) hell I loved all the enemies in Rayman 1 and just found myself wanting to know more about all of them like the livid stones, the hunter, those tree-like beings that shoot out enemies when attacked, it gave the world such mystery and excitement and I feel Origins but legends more so has lost all that. When I started playing Origins I was excited and had high hopes and in the first level when I saw the platform that housed betilla with eyes and moving up and down I was like "wow this really is as cool and mysterious as Rayman 1!" but as I played on I just felt the locations got more generic and dull. I think the music in Origins/Legends is what really killed it for me, some tracks were good but the bloody singing lums and upbeat random crap that interrupts the level every few seconds absolutely killed the experience. I guess if Origins wasn't promised at the start as some back to its roots Rayman 1 inspired game I wouldn't be so disappointed, but it was and ubisoft didn't exactly go out of its way to make it known that that idea had been scrapped and this was now some kids happy upbeat platformer with next to no story and basically random levels pieced together with no interesting characters (except maybe the livid dead guardian though they never did anything with the good characters he basically disappears once you give him the teeth)

I know I am being biased towards Rayman games because we have had it so good in the past and there are big shoes to fill but I guess I just want to know more about Rayman's world, and I feel like ubi are ruining everything they've built up, by time we got to legends I wasn't expecting much at all, I mean cmon luchadores? really? Don't get me wrong Rayman will always be my number 1 gaming series it's just with the origins announcement trailer we were promised so much more then we got (Don't even get me started on the bosses) :( (They shoulda brought back the musician!)
Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins > Rayman Legends
Henchman1028
Razoff
Tings: 7606

Post by Henchman1028 »

dartofthedavros wrote:
TFDs39 wrote:Rayman 1 > Rayman Legends > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins
3>1>origins>2>RRR>legends

yes i like 3 the most, sue me!
Hey, I like the 3 the most too.
TheTempurmental
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3930

Post by TheTempurmental »

Rayman Legends > Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman Origins > Rayman 2

Not that putting R2 at the bottom means I dislike the game at all, it just doesn't give me as much fun or excitement as the ones above it.
sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

nothing being told to you and you having to piece what's happening together through the characters you meet and the environments you are in
Legends does this. Really well. Much better than Rayman 1 does.

I just keep waiting until you guys figure out why.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Stoney!
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10586

Post by Stoney! »

Deez are my favourite Rayman games that i've played:
Rayman 1> Rayman 3> Rayman 2> Rayman origins> Rayman 1 GBC> RAYMAN ADVANCE

Nyeeehhh Screw you rayman advance and your screen-crunchin' ._.
kill me xd
Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Yet again I post my rankings:

Legends> Origins> Rayman 2

I still have yet to play 1 and 3. I like the new 2D games the most because I love the gameplay a tiny bit better than Rayman 2 and Rayman 2's story is the only thing that beats Rayman Origins/Legends at in my personal taste.
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3390

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft »

Rayman 3 > Legends=Origins > Rayman 2 > Rayman 1.
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5228

Post by Adsolution »

Rayman 1 = Rayman 2 > Rayman 3 >> Rayman Origins = Rayman Legends

Up until recently I had Legends above Origins, but the thing that ruins it for me is how messy Legends is. At least in Origins the progression from one world to the next made sense and was illustrated throughout the level design, but Legends is moreso like an arbitrary collection of levels and ideas, almost reminiscent of Raving Rabbids in a way, but instead of minigames, they're levels.
Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Liking Origins better than Legends, really?
Legends did nearly everything better than Origins. Legends isn't so messy once you've gotten the hang of all the teensies, it's a mess if you manage to skip by a lot of teensies, but you easily should become attached to this, it truly isn't that hard. Though I do see what you're saying. But even so, Legends even had MOST of the Origins levels in it, so how could Origins be better out of curiosity?
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Well, I said I liked them about the same. Notice how I used the equals sign.

Also, Back To Origins is still Rayman Origins.
Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 125

Post by Ray502 »

Adsolution wrote:Well, I said I liked them about the same. Notice how I used the equals sign.

Also, Back To Origins is still Rayman Origins.
Yes it is, the only difference is that its in HD, has teensies, and Rayman Legends enemies.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Keane
Big Mama
Tings: 145078

Post by Keane »

Adsolution wrote:Up until recently I had Legends above Origins, but the thing that ruins it for me is how messy Legends is. At least in Origins the progression from one world to the next made sense and was illustrated throughout the level design, but Legends is moreso like an arbitrary collection of levels and ideas, almost reminiscent of Raving Rabbids in a way, but instead of minigames, they're levels.
I find that Origins is the more Rayman like of the two. I honestly don't think the world from Legends all that, you know, interesting. It looks more like they were simply trying to come up with original concepts for worlds for a 2D platformer rather then actually make anything fit in with the Glade. I also find that overall the music and looks of things are just done better in Origins. Legends is almost completely movie soundtrack whereas Origins does have a very varied and lively feel to it (Something I realised much more since I gave it a second playtrough).
Adsolution wrote:Rayman 1 = Rayman 2 > Rayman 3 >> Rayman Origins = Rayman Legends
Full agreement on this, though I must question you putting Rayman 1 at an equal level as Rayman 2? From what I gathered Rayman 2 is at a much higher level for you.
Last edited by Keane on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident
Tings: 375

Post by Raymancollecter »

Keane wrote:
Adsolution wrote:Rayman 1 = Rayman 2 > Rayman 3 >> Rayman Origins = Rayman Legends

Up until recently I had Legends above Origins, but the thing that ruins it for me is how messy Legends is. At least in Origins the progression from one world to the next made sense and was illustrated throughout the level design, but Legends is moreso like an arbitrary collection of levels and ideas, almost reminiscent of Raving Rabbids in a way, but instead of minigames, they're levels.
I find that Origins is the more Rayman like of the two. I honestly don't think the world from Legends all that, you know, interesting. It looks more like they were simply trying to come up with original concepts for worlds for a 2D platformer rather then actually make anything fit in with the Glade. I also find that overall the music and looks of things are just done better in Origins. Legends is almost completely movie soundtrack whereas Origins does have a very varied and lively feel to it (Something I realised much more since I gave it a second playtrough).
^ This
Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins > Rayman Legends
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Keane wrote:Full agreement on this, though I must question you putting Rayman 1 at an equal level as Rayman 2? From what I gathered Rayman 2 is at a much higher level for you.
Rayman 1 conjured some of the most vibrant and imaginative worlds I have ever seen. Like I'd mentioned recently, the beginning of Bongo Hills on the PC version is my favourite scene in all of video gaming:

And then there's something even more surreal and otherworldly like PIcture City, which at times like this can almost seem sombre, evoking some strange feeling of empathy:

Plus, I really like the gameplay. Most other platformers put platforming as a secondary thing, whereas here, I feel that the platforming itself is where most of the challenge comes from. It really puts a heavy emphasis on detail and precision, and not the annoying kind either where you have to jump across tiny platforms with a slippery character, but the kind where you always feel like you're in complete control, you just need a very well-calculated jump and quick reflexes.
Earth Gwee
Rayman 3
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee »

This IS a topic about Legends, right? XD

I know I'm a little late, but I just experienced the 8-bit levels. They are quite something, I'll say that much right now.