Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
9%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
27%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 211

buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by buildersith »

Oh for gods sake, i've only just skim read a few posts here, and I don't think I need to reiterate how much I HATED RO and I hope this sequel will be better, but I'll never know because if this sequel is real I am not going to buy it, I hated ro that much that I am not going to invest my money into a sequel, and if what is being said that scrapped content from the first game that makes it even worse because ubisoft is just making rayman a cash cow like they did with the Rabbids.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised in this one if Mister Dark was a toilet! :pfff:

gah! I need to calm down.
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

Rayman Origins 2 for WiiU, please... I am already dissapointed with Epic Mickey 2 being announced for Wii.
BTW, why so much hate on RO now, people? I remember people saying "This is the best Rayman game ever made", now what? Seriously, even when Ubisoft got rid of those Rabbids, you can't be satisfied, right? :fou2: BTW, happy foolsmas!
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

buildersith wrote: In fact I wouldn't be surprised in this one if Mister Dark was a toilet! :pfff:
Dafuq did I just read?
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

You’re all acting like babies. Why not sit back and relax with a nice hot cup of tea?

Electoon
Barbara
Tings: 11900

Post by Electoon »

sergiomonty wrote: BTW, why so much hate on RO now, people?
Concurred, although I see it happen with so many video games. During it's development everyone is all ZOMG BEST GAME EVER for pages, and then the game is released and everyone goes YAY THIS GAME IS AMAZING and then there is a month of quiet where no-one cares about the game, and then a month later everyone suddenly goes 'Hey, you know *insert game here* It sucks! Here is the top 100 reasons why I think it stinks' etc.

It annoys me sometimes how fickle fan-bases can be sometimes, but there you go :mrgreen:
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

sergiomonty wrote:I remember people saying "This is the best Rayman game ever made", now what? Seriously, even when Ubisoft got rid of those Rabbids, you can't be satisfied, right?
Not me,I always knew this game wouldn't be that good,though I was surprised by graphics.Now I see that game isn't more then okay.At first I was,and I think most of you were too,blind by the news of a new Rayman platformer and the innovation in 2D graphics.

Talking seriously,the only themes I liked from RO were Lums in the Water (Glou Glou) and Advancement.All the other sound crap to me.Graphically talking,it's good for a game,but not for a sequel,I already got tired of the style.Powers were fine.

If Rayman was to stick to a style,I'd beg for it to be R2 style.And the music needs to be more normal-ish again.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

TeensieKing wrote:Graphically talking,it's good for a game,but not for a sequel,
What is that supposed to mean?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Oooh.

I think this could either be a good thing or a bad thing. It could be an excellent thing if they learn from some of the mistakes they made in Origins and ->ADD<- I'm serious, adding is the most important thing here. Adding substance and content. While I agree with the "minimalistic" style, a total lack of variation will make the environment a bit boring.

But really, where I liked Origins (not to bits, but I liked it), I don't really know how they COULDN'T pull a Super Mario Galaxy 2 on nus.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I think the sequel is an opportunity to try to make it get even better than the first one, no? Another 2D game, so what? A 3D game will come in the right time, guys.

I also think there is starting to exist a lot of "theather" for a sequel we barely know anything about it.
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

spiraldoor wrote:You’re all acting like babies. Why not sit back and relax with a nice hot cup of tea?

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q388 ... an_tea.jpg
This.

I know I used to be such a pessimist like that and even if Rayman Origins gets a sequel, why should I be pissed?
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

I must agree with spiraldoor here. I'll just keep calm and, well, wait.

Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Drink Valerian tea guys: it will calm you down.
El Dango
Aline Louïa

Post by El Dango »

Tea? Yea rite
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Oh my what's that sound I hear? The sound of crybabbying over something that's not officially confirmed?

DAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT KEEP IT UP
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
El Dango
Aline Louïa

Post by El Dango »

Cairnie wrote:Oh my what's that sound I hear? The sound of crybabbying over something that's not officially confirmed?
I though the article said it was officially confirmed? Unless they lied! Or Google Translate lied about them lying by not translating properly! Which is technically lying! Liars!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

El Dango wrote:
Cairnie wrote:Oh my what's that sound I hear? The sound of crybabbying over something that's not officially confirmed?
I though the article said it was officially confirmed? Unless they lied! Or Google Translate lied about them lying by not translating properly! Which is technically lying! Liars!
It was officially confirmed, I think Stace did a mistake. :P The text is in Portuguese of Brazil, so I can read it.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

April Fool's Joke?

Hahaha, no, it's not funny enough. I hope this one has a plot.
Last edited by Sabertooth on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

It's OK Google translate helped me out there sort of. Just be lucky this isn't a Rayman Raving Rabbids all over again.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Fauch
Poilu
Tings: 2145

Post by Fauch »

On another note, I found an interesting essay by one of the game designers who worked on Rayman Origins.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1 ... re_of_.php
to be honest, the level design is amazing
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Hey, I think I'm noticing a pattern!

Rayman
Rayman 2
Rayman 3

Rayman Raving Rabbids