Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
9%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
27%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 211

metalflygon08
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 180

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by metalflygon08 »

If Origins style is gonna continue for the next few Rayman Games, what character ret-cons would you like to see if they bring them back?

Since I believe the Desert of Didgeridoos is what's beneath Band Land, I wouldn't mind if Mr. Sax made a comeback, Since most living Instruments of Band Land were replaced with the Birds, (Trumpets were replaced by the Bagpipe Birds, Walking Drums were replaced by the large headed green birds). Mr. Sax would be a bird too, but not just any bird, a Sax playing bird with many hints of the Original Mr. Sax design still present (like the sax it plays is just Mr. Sax minus the face and hands, the bird retains Mr. Sax's shiny eyes)

TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

OMG NO! That drawing is really really good,but please,don't fuck up my fav boss from my fav world in R1! Mr.Sax HAS to be a Sax!
Mammothphant 2
Poilu
Tings: 2107

Post by Mammothphant 2 »

Hi again! I was on countryside few days and came back yesterday.
Ive been quite nervous these days, because RO2 is in my mind. Can that be true really? Is the source that gave that info trustworthy? And if its real, then how much longer do we have to wait for a new 3D Rayman with huge open world, epic story and other stuff? One whole game generation without a 3d Rayman game? That sounds too bad to be true. If the new Rayman 3d game will be released too late, then i might not have time for videogames more. But anyway is the source right?

Oh and please tell your opinion about my bunny in R4BB topic (and why not also the one that RayFan edited). But new viewers read first the beginning.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Mammothphant 2 wrote:Oh and please tell your opinion about my bunny in R4BB topic (and why not also the one that RayFan edited). But new viewers read first the beginning.
There’s no need to keep pimping your thread like this. People will post if they’re interested.
Bionichute
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

metalflygon08 wrote:Image
Please do more of these.

So RO 2 is pretty much halfway done, really. They just have to take the game play from the first one and build new levels and plot around it. Of course, they will probably change things too, like maybe add an Hub for you to explore, find secrets, and gain access to the worlds. Maybe have the different characters play differently, maybe have AN ACTUAL FINAL BOSS. Maybe Mr. Dark will be in it and be the main bad guy. Maybe there could be a reason for Rayman and Co. to go to each world, like how the kings needed to be saved to go to Moody Clouds. For world 6, 7, 8, and 9 they could come up with different themes and not make us go through what is basically the same world again. I think that those would be some pretty cool changes.
BabyDragonChef
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1800

Post by BabyDragonChef »

metalflygon08 wrote: Image
Your drawing is incredible, I love the mean-looking notes from R1 and loved how you came up with a bubblized version of it. Could you draw more, such as the big piranhas like this? BTW, your art now makes me wonder what every Rayman creature would look like in balloon form

metalflygon08
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 180

Post by metalflygon08 »

Not to Double post but since some people said it would be cool

More Origins styled R1 stuff

Small Livingstone, notice the grimy fingers poised to grope you up, you better wash up after beating these guys bubbly, or you might get lockjaw.

The Musician, Keeper of all the Glade's musical secrets, he and his wife make beautiful music atop the mountains, often upsetting the local monks, who are trying to meditate. They joke saying how 'horrid' it would be if his rocking was interrupted by a falling rock...

The Musician's Wife, a Glute Gal who knows how to rock that triangle, she likes everything all natural and really wants to start a family soon.

THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

Those are awesome drawings but my soul would die if the Musician and his wife changed species. IF I HAD A SOUL
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

You should probably start your own artwork thread in the Rayman Fanworks section, instead of posting them here.
need my speed
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9865

Post by need my speed »

Indeed, it looks great!
Hello there! o/
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Great drawings!

I would suggest you to create your own thread in the Fanworks subforum. ;)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I do have a feeling that RO2 will be a release title for Wii U.
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

Haruka wrote:I do have a feeling that RO2 will be a release title for Wii U.
I hope that. Did anyone else notice how the visual effects were downgraded when the game was announced for wii? check the first trailer, for example, it had more details, such as small fairies floating around; check the second trailer, the dragons were supposed to spit REALISTIC fire, instead of the cartoonish fire that we have now. I'm not talking about the HD, I'm talking just about details that the wii wouldn't support and that ubisoft possibly scrapped just to "make it fair for every console". On the HD versions, every cage holds 8 electoons, but on the wii version, they only hold like 3 or 4. That would also explain a lot of unfairly scrapped elements. This is why I hope the sequel to be on Wii U, to avoid any kind of limitation to "make it fair". Don't take me serious, though, this is just a supposition.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nevermind! :mrgreen: Also, it seems that I was right about that Brazilian website bullshitting us: the only thing that wasn't made up is that there will be a sequel to Rayman Origins, but we've known this since last year.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Hunchman801 wrote:the only thing that wasn't made up is that there will be a sequel to Rayman Origins, but we've known this since last year.
Reary? I as under the impression this whole RO2 thing was a shock to us. Or did you mean that they would make another game after RO, but it wouldn't necesarily be RO2?
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

Sequel to RO = new Rayman game. Of course it doesn't have to be RO2.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

El Dango wrote:Sequel to RO = new Rayman game. Of course it doesn't have to be RO2.
Well, a sequel to the game series (as in, the next game in line) would mean a new Rayman game. A sequel to a specific game could very well be a part two (as in sequel of part one) of that game.
But I'm going to assume Hunch meant a new game, not a new RO game.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Shrooblord wrote:A sequel to a specific game could very well be a part two (as in sequel of part one) of that game.
Or not. Rayman 3 is a sequel to Rayman 2.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

spiraldoor wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:A sequel to a specific game could very well be a part two (as in sequel of part one) of that game.
Or not. Rayman 3 is a sequel to Rayman 2.
Or possibly. You could have Rayman 2 part 2.
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

-The game's ending suggests a sequel
-Michel Ancel said that he wouldn't be working on a 3d Rayman game for a long time now that he discovered the ubiart framework engine
-During the interview they said that the title of the game would be Rayman Origins 2.
-The developer in that interview was brazilian, and the interview was in brazil. In brazil april's fools is celebrated on december 28th (weirdly?). We can take his words as something serious and not a stupid unfunny joke.
.. so, yeah. The sequel will obviously be another Rayman Origins game, which I (unlike a lot people in this forum ;)) find pretty good. What can I say? I'm addicted to art, weird music AND 2d scrollers