Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
9%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
27%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 211

Mammothphant 2
Poilu
Tings: 2107

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Mammothphant 2 »

sergiomonty wrote:-The game's ending suggests a sequel
-Michel Ancel said that he wouldn't be working on a 3d Rayman game for a long time now that he discovered the ubiart framework engine
-During the interview they said that the title of the game would be Rayman Origins 2.
-The developer in that interview was brazilian, and the interview was in brazil. In brazil april's fools is celebrated on december 28th (weirdly?). We can take his words as something serious and not a stupid unfunny joke.
.. so, yeah. The sequel will obviously be another Rayman Origins game, which I (unlike a lot people in this forum ;)) find pretty good. What can I say? I'm addicted to art, weird music AND 2d scrollers
But...Hunchman said that the info was bulls**t.

Whatever. I dont believe that RO2.

:evil: :evil: :evil: RO2 NO COMING EVER!!! NEVER!!! NEVER!!!

Michel Ancel seriously cant do that. THERE ARE ONLY TWO 3D RAYMAN GAMES! ONLY T-W-O!!! R2/Revolution and R3! THE THIRD IS SOMETHING THE SERIES NEED MORE THAN ANYTHING. LET STUPID INDIE COMPANIES MAKE BAD 2D GAMES. RAYMAN HAS TO MOVE FORVARD!!!
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Calm down. We've dealt with worse disappointments than this.

I really would not care if this sequel will be 2D or 3D. Admitted I would prefer a 3D game, but the top priority should be that this game gets a good plot and the same magical feeling the Rayman universe has. That's what really matters the most to me.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, that Brazilian website admitted it was all bullshit. As concerns the sequel, Michel Ancel apparently said this in an interview with GameShake:
Michel Ancel wrote:Il faut savoir que Rayman Origins, ce n’est pas qu’un jeu, on prévoit d’en faire d’autres, au gameplay rétro en 2D, et donc de livrer de plus en plus de détails sur l’histoire.
In English:
Michel Ancel wrote:One has to know that Rayman Origins isn't just one game, we plan on making others, with a retro 2D gameplay, and to give more and more details on the story.
So, I suppose, this sequel will more of a Rayman Origins 2 than a Rayman 4. In any case, one thing's for sure, that Brazilian website made up everything about the game. Good thing I refused to relay the information on the portal.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Was this interview before or after the decision to scrap the episode thing and go back to making a full retail game? If it's before, he could be referring to the other episodes in the pack of what we now have as one complete 'Rayman Origins'.
In any case, I don't really mind either 2D or 3D. 2D is fine and the people at UbiArt have really outdone themselves to make everything look really nice. 3D is marvellous, as long as the gameplay keeps up and the scenery is good enough, else, just stick with 2D if that's what you're best at.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Michel Ancel wrote: ... and to give more and more details on the story.
That part made me smile.
Smega
Barbara
Tings: 10765

Post by Smega »

How so?
RayFan9876 wrote:
Smega wrote:Explain, please.
He's giving the Wii a thumbs up because it can play his favourite GameCube games.
:x Not the post, the supposed satire of 'Resident Evil 0'. :tssk:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Smega wrote:
How so?
RayFan9876 wrote:
He's giving the Wii a thumbs up because it can play his favourite GameCube games.
:x Not the post, the supposed satire of 'Resident Evil 0'. :tssk:
I don't really get what you mean. RE0 was on the GameCube.
beebo44
Olympia
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 »

Could someone please explain why there is a wiki page for Rayman Origins 2 when it is all rumour?
Last edited by beebo44 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

beebo44 wrote:Could someone please explain why there is a [img]http://www.raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Rayman_Origins_2wiki%20page%20for%20Rayman%20origins%202[/img]
Come on, you could have at least looked at your post after hitting Submit so you don't make these ridiculous syntax errors.

Anyway, that Wiki page should be taken down.

(Ignore the thing that says I edited this three times)
Last edited by Adsolution on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

It was an accident. I fixed it up. Lets all forget about that train-wreck. Kapeesh?
Adsolution wrote:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

beebo44 wrote:It was an accident. I fixed it up. Lets all forget about that train-wreck. Kapeesh?
Sure, but you know you don't even need any tags when posing a link, right?
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

RayFan9876 wrote:
beebo44 wrote:It was an accident. I fixed it up. Lets all forget about that train-wreck. Kapeesh?
Sure, but you know you don't even need any tags when posing a link, right?
I said Kapeesh. Image
Adsolution wrote:
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

Hunchman801 wrote:Yeah, that Brazilian website admitted it was all bullshit. As concerns the sequel, Michel Ancel apparently said this in an interview with GameShake:
Michel Ancel wrote:Il faut savoir que Rayman Origins, ce n’est pas qu’un jeu, on prévoit d’en faire d’autres, au gameplay rétro en 2D, et donc de livrer de plus en plus de détails sur l’histoire.
In English:
Michel Ancel wrote:One has to know that Rayman Origins isn't just one game, we plan on making others, with a retro 2D gameplay, and to give more and more details on the story.
So, I suppose, this sequel will more of a Rayman Origins 2 than a Rayman 4. In any case, one thing's for sure, that Brazilian website made up everything about the game. Good thing I refused to relay the information on the portal.
In that case I hope for two things:

1. That they actually have enough ideas left to justify making a full game. Origins had at least one different characteristic for each level, so this one has to live up to that.

2. That they don't actually call it Rayman Origins 2. You can't just call something "Origins 2", I mean listen to it, that shit's ridiculous! Even if it's a generic title like "Rayman Unleashed" or "Rayman Explorer", at least they should make it its own thing.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

El Dango wrote:2. That they don't actually call it Rayman Origins 2. You can't just call something "Origins 2", I mean listen to it, that shit's ridiculous! Even if it's a generic title like "Rayman Unleashed" or "Rayman Explorer", at least they should make it its own thing.
I actually think the title Rayman Origins 2 bids fair on its own. I can't really think of a better name for it if it's a continuation to Origins.
Last edited by Adsolution on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

RayFan9876 wrote:
El Dango wrote:2. That they don't actually call it Rayman Origins 2. You can't just call something "Origins 2", I mean listen to it, that shit's ridiculous! Even if it's a generic title like "Rayman Unleashed" or "Rayman Explorer", at least they should make it its own thing.
I actually think the title Rayman Origins 2 bids fair on its own. I can't really think of a better name for it if it's a continuation to Origins.
I don't like the name Rayman Origins 2.
Adsolution wrote:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

beebo44 wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
How about "Rayman Oranges?"

Yeah, that pun was a bit sour for anyone's taste.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

RayFan9876 wrote:
But it's so dumb and lazy! In fact, if they do end up calling it that, I will be in complete denial of it, come up with my own name for it, and stubbornly refer to the game by this name for the rest of time. Nobody can stop me!
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Gagaman
Henchman 800
Tings: 805

Post by Gagaman »

To be fair there was a LOT of stuff on the daily bubbles that didn't make it into the first game, so I'm sure they have plenty of idea for a sequel. Hell, some of the early trailers featured areas and enemies that didn't show up in the final game too.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

RayFan9876 wrote:
beebo44 wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
How about "Rayman Oranges?"

Yeah, that pun was a bit sour for anyone's taste.
Nah, it was pretty SWEET.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Shrooblord wrote:Was this interview before or after the decision to scrap the episode thing and go back to making a full retail game?
It's from November 2011.
RayFan9876 wrote:
:x Not the post, the supposed satire of 'Resident Evil 0'. :tssk:[/quote]I don't really get what you mean. RE0 was on the GameCube.[/quote]The only satire was of the Wii, which I only use to play good old GameCube games, more precisely my Resident Evil collection.