Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

gamegirl the rayfan
Ugly
Location: in my litte grond brorw at the out skirt of the candy cheutu
Tings: 680

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by gamegirl the rayfan »

im just a little afraid that the game play will get confuseing with the tablet :confus:
MeestaNintendo
Matuvu
Tings: 225

Post by MeestaNintendo »

Hhmm.. after seeing the footage and screenshots of the game, I don't know whether I should be excited or not. Part of me thinks it looks awesome, but another part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up (When Rayman Origins was announced and more and more information and trailers were released for the game, I became more and more excited. Soon enough I was EXTREMELY excited to get my hands on the game, only once I finally got it, I was extremely disappointed. I found that while the game was fun, it was extremely lackluster and anti-climatic. Not to mention bland, rushed and repetitive.) :pascontent:
I'm really not sure what to think this time! :|
Should I get my hopes up?!?!?
Reiska
Knaaren
Tings: 5875

Post by Reiska »

If this is only for Wii U, and will not be re-released to other consoles, I don't think it's going to be large as Origins. Still I want to play it.

I also have strong feeling that there's coming third 2D game for multiple consoles before 3D one.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I bought a PlayStation 3 only to play Resident Evil 5 when the game came out, and didn't play any other games until recently. However, I did it because I didn't feel forced: the game was available for the Xbox 360 as well, while the other consoles were not powerful enough.
With Rayman Legends, it's a different story. Not only is the Wii U not the only console able to run the game but these consoles can also be equipped with devices, such as Kinect and SmartGlass for the Xbox, able to let the player control Murfy in some way; would it not be possible, I guess the game could do without a fifth character. Therefore, it's a commercial exclusivity, and I'll probably not buy a Wii U for the sake of a business partnership I do not personally agree with. Hopefully, we haven't heard the last of it.
julia-maria
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by julia-maria »

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

And that's not all!! check this amazing gallery:

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/raym ... 3-2012/#/9

I hope they release more and more artworks like this!! :mryellow:
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

sergiomonty wrote:And that's not all!! check this amazing gallery:

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/raym ... 3-2012/#/9

I hope they release more and more artworks like this!! :mryellow:
I must say I just love the painterly aesthetic they're using this time. I hope it'll stick to future Rayman games!

---> Notice how the highlights on Globox' butt change colour to the environment. <---
Mammothphant 2
Poilu
Tings: 2107

Post by Mammothphant 2 »

gamegirl the rayfan wrote:im just a little afraid that the game play will get confuseing with the tablet :confus:
You know i have exactly the same feel. Manipulating the screen while others play normally doesnt make sense to me.

The artwork is GREAT by the way. Thats what the characters should have looked in RO.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Has anyone posted this artwork yet?

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_rayma ... 8_0002.jpg

The resolution is ridiculously high.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

spiraldoor wrote:Has anyone posted this artwork yet?

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_rayma ... 8_0002.jpg

The resolution is ridiculously high.
I never saw this zoomed in. It's enormous.
sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

Rulez wrote: It's enormous.
That's what she said.

I've seen it before, I'm adding those outstanding masterpieces to the wiki right now :D

EDIT:
OMG, THOSE THREE ARE NEW, THEY'RE AMAZING!!
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

This game looks more slow paced then Origins. I think I prefer that.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

It’s nice to see that they managed to work in a sign with an exclamation mark on it.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

... I think I had a fangasm.
sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

Take your lifeboats, guys, Haruka had a fangasm!!
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

NotaKuroi wrote:Awww, new trailer confirms - that's exclusive.. Bastards.. ubi, I hate you
Sabertooth 2.
Mammothphant 2 wrote:Deep and unique stories are what Rayman series need but the new members of Ubi Montpellier seem to think that the hand drawn look and visuals of the Ubi Art engine can save everything, no way, story is part of the art as well, especially in Rayman games. Well maybe the RL story will be deeper inside, or else ill stay in what i said.
Rayman has always been about atmospherics and world-building. The storylines have never been central, and they never should be.
Mammothphant 2
Poilu
Tings: 2107

Post by Mammothphant 2 »

spiraldoor wrote:
NotaKuroi wrote:Awww, new trailer confirms - that's exclusive.. Bastards.. ubi, I hate you
Sabertooth 2.
Mammothphant 2 wrote:Deep and unique stories are what Rayman series need but the new members of Ubi Montpellier seem to think that the hand drawn look and visuals of the Ubi Art engine can save everything, no way, story is part of the art as well, especially in Rayman games. Well maybe the RL story will be deeper inside, or else ill stay in what i said.
Rayman has always been about atmospherics and world-building. The storylines have never been central, and they never should be.
Yes, but the story that the heroes get sucked into a picture is used already too many times in movies, comics, games etc. Of course i cant be sure about the whole plot yet, but i have a bad feeling about that "picture sucking story".
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Does anyone has got a better resolution of this picture?

For some reason I can't enter in Joystiq's page of images.
MeestaNintendo
Matuvu
Tings: 225

Post by MeestaNintendo »

^ (Can anyone answer my question?.. oh well) ^
Here's what the game should need in order for it to be fantastic:
A deep, yet light-hearted story that doesn't take itself too seriously
Varied gameplay and environments
Levels that aren't just made to be sped through, but atmospheric levels that include many set pieces and tell a story. (think of Rayman 2 and 3 and how the story advances throughout the levels) think of the downloadable game Limbo, for example. I think the game should be like that, only Rayman-y
References to past Rayman titles
No anti-climatic-ness, which the first game really suffered from. This game should be AWSOME and CLIMATIC and should get you ready for boss fights and other things, like in Rayman 3, 2 and 1.
This is isn't going to happen, but I would've liked the return of lives and continues
The game should include the regular Rayman enemies that didn't make it into Rayman Origins, such as piranhas and zombie chickens.
Of course, excellent music and the return of the Rayman theme?
That's pretty much all I can think of..
(Btw, I hope that 'Platform Hero' section in the Land Of The Living Dead isn't the last level, because last time when they previewed Rayman Origins, they showed the last level and ending. Wtf.) :pascontent: