Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
35%
PlayStation 3
11%
Xbox 360
6%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
14%
Xbox One
2%
Switch
4%

Total votes: 132

Illegal
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1935

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Illegal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 pm

There is an interesting picture:
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/wu/r/ ... 06-028.jpg

Haruka,I have found the picture which you wanted to see :D :
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/wu/r/ ... 06-023.jpg

MyBodyIsReady
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10030

Post by MyBodyIsReady » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 pm

The game looks freakin' amazing! I love that we can play as Murfy and the remix of LOTLD is mind-blowing.
[DeviantART] [YouTube] [Facebook] [Osu]
3DS FC: 0301-9772-1185
Wii U ID: Fat_Mario
Hunchman801 wrote:DesLife is my bitch.
Miku and Rin belong to Crypton Future Media

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks Illegal, no one seemed having it.

I think I also have got a new ringtone :mryellow: :

MyBodyIsReady
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10030

Post by MyBodyIsReady » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Well, what other songs' remixes do you think will be included in the game? I would die from happiness if they include Lums Of The Water.
[DeviantART] [YouTube] [Facebook] [Osu]
3DS FC: 0301-9772-1185
Wii U ID: Fat_Mario
Hunchman801 wrote:DesLife is my bitch.
Miku and Rin belong to Crypton Future Media

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

If anyone wants, I've done a Ringtone adaptation of the Land of the Livid Dead remix. :P : http://www.mediafire.com/?i3qv3f22rh474fd

Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Ubishop further confirms this game will be a Wii-U exclusive for now. You can preorder from the official Rayman Legends site which leads to the Ubishop, where it gives you the details.

At least for the dutch version it does.

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Spanex wrote:Ubishop further confirms this game will be a Wii-U exclusive for now. You can preorder from the official Rayman Legends site which leads to the Ubishop, where it gives you the details.
Ubishop knows his ways!

Disionity
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 pm

At the e3 demonstration Michel Micholic appeared It could be likely that Michel Ancel isn't working on the project, but he mentioned him near the beggining,plus almost every bit of media says Ancel has some involvement with the game so I guess only time will tell. :|

Does anyone remember the Betilla-like warrior girl in the leaked trailer, I hope they didn't delete her too, I really wanted to play as her alongside Murfy, imagine running around swinging a huge mid-evil axe, let's just so the blade is a little dull so it woun't do any actual slicing. I bet it would sure scare off some Lividstone pirates though! :P

Please do not double post and instead use the edit button to add to a post.
Attachments
HNI_0024_JPG.JPG
This is awesome!

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 552680

Post by Hunchman801 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:53 pm

I actually hope they got rid of this horrendously uncreative character!

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by sergiomonty » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:I actually hope they got rid of this horrendously uncreative character!
What the fuck? no. She was amazing, she must appear in this game, if you don't like her don't play as her :P

RayFan9876 wrote:Rayman Legends is a Mario game, face it. New Super Mario Bros style multiplayer, Murfy is the second player in Galaxy, and the story is Super Mario 64, minus the whole plot.
Correction, Rayman is the NEW mario. Mario is now an overexploited piece of repetitive gameplay with nothing new to offer.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 pm

spiraldoor wrote:
TeensieKing wrote:And I don't know if anyone noticed already but isn't this Hoodlum Headquarters?
The resemblance is vague at best. Notice the absence of, well, Hoodlums.
But notice the sad face. It reminded me a lot of Hoodlums, and if you look at it it even has those vertical stripes, like if was sewn in their faces. I identify it as a Hoodmonger face.
RayFan9876 wrote:
TeensieKing wrote:Im definitely not getting a Wii U. I think its a stupid system. Its like Wii, but one player uses a special controller to manipulate the screen, that just dont make sense to me. It sounds like money making, because those who have Wii and want to get a Wii U are forced to buy another Wii with just few new features. It also seems to make gaming more complicated, instead of simple fun (like Wii). Wii is great, because its based on simple fun, but Wii U is exactly the opposite.
Really? I disliked the Wii for the same reason you dislike the Wii U.
Wrong quote, that was someone else's post, not mine xD

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:01 pm

sergiomonty wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:Rayman Legends is a Mario game, face it. New Super Mario Bros style multiplayer, Murfy is the second player in Galaxy, and the story is Super Mario 64, minus the whole plot.
Correction, Rayman is the NEW mario. Mario is now an overexploited piece of repetitive gameplay with nothing new to offer.
It seems more like Rayman has taken the role that Sonic used to have, being presented as this new (despite not actually being new), fresh and exciting franchise, to contrast Mario's more well known, familiar, safe and nostalgic image.

Only with less of the 90s cheese of course.

Also:
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Disionity
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I am sorry for double posting so many times, from this point onward I shall no longer double post and always Edit! :mryellow:

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Rayfanboy wrote:I am sorry for double posting so many times, from this point onward I shall no longer double post and always Edit! :mryellow:
That's the spirit!

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 pm

sergiomonty wrote:What the fuck? no. She was amazing, she must appear in this game, if you don't like her don't play as her :P
Some people like Twilight, so I'm not surprised others can like this character.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Haruka wrote:It is exactly how it is in the Portuguese Social Security: the people who are paying taxes (workers) are sustaining people that are doing nothing, but people that don't really do anything. The majority of the people that are benefited with this are of gipsy ethnic.
We have a similar situation, but most of the immigrant scroungers in Ireland originate in Poland or Africa. (The gypsies here can usually be found begging in the streets; they seem to have some sort of systemic organisation). I don’t approve of the benefits system in any way, but when they’re literally handing out free money, it’s hard to say no.
Rayfanboy wrote:Well, the Tings have gone to my head man! Tings are a powerful force. Does this look sain to you?! :fou: Well, now that's over back to Rayman! :)
Watch out. If you keep making posts about your Tings in order to get more Tings, someone might just take your Tings.
Rayfanboy wrote:At the e3 demonstration Michel Micholic appeared It could be likely that Michel Ancel isn't working on the project, but he mentioned him near the beggining,plus almost every bit of media says Ancel has some involvement with the game so I guess only time will tell. :|
Ubisoft has officially announced that Ancel is working on the game, so I’m not sure I understand all this confusion.
Drolpiraat wrote:Émile Morel is the lead game designer, which means Michel Ancel is not.
My guess is that he’ll be the director (or just the creative director).
Hunchman801 wrote:I actually hope they got rid of this horrendously uncreative character!
Same here. Is there even a single person on this forum who wouldn’t prefer to play as Ly?

Genetic Destiny
Robot Ninja
Tings: 3325

Post by Genetic Destiny » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:29 pm

I wouldn't mind playing as Ly. That'd be pretty cool, since we'd have the main Rayman 2 protagonists if she was playable. Rayman, Murfy, Globox, Grand Minimus and Ly all onscreen at once...the nostalgia.

Anyway, I think Ancel is still involved, based on this article in gameinformer:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/rayma ... wii-u.aspx

One part states: "I initially pulled out the stylus ready to use that for the full demo, but the representative from Ubisoft told me that Michel Ancel, the man behind Rayman, did not like when people used the stylus. Ancel wants it to be played with your fingers. I put the stylus back in its holster and began playing."

And there's this video from ign:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/ra ... mo-e3-2012
Michel is mentioned a bit.

I hope some of the enemies take more than 1 hit to die. Oh, and minibosses in the secret rooms would be nice.
Last edited by Genetic Destiny on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:41 pm

spiraldoor wrote:Is there even a single person on this forum who wouldn’t prefer to play as Ly?
I would prefer Ly of course. Well, I wonder if they are even considering playable fairies.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:46 pm

I take it you meant “not me”.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Oops, I read "would" instead of "wouldn't". Going to fix that.

I saw the IGN video, I liked the wooden maze area.