The posts in a day record will take place from August 23, 11 PM to August 24, 11 PM (UTC+2).
During this day, you will earn thrice as many Tings as usual by posting, plus extra rewards up to 6000 Tings. We count on you to be here and post as much as you can in order to beat the previous 32252 posts record!
Time left before the record: 1 minutes 21 seconds.

The You Game!

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm

PluMGMK wrote: Ah yes, one of the turns on the primary. < wonders if it melted or what…

< Would bet that's a very good guess, considering it initially caused the fuse to blow on the transformer itself.

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Posts: 48329
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: MOTHER FUCKING SCOTLAND OH YEAH BABY
Contact:
Tings: 486315

Re: The You Game!

Post by Serza5 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:27 pm

< has finally started packing some stuff for Nashville
Image
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:28 pm

< certainly hopes that ^ will have a great trip. :)

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Posts: 48329
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: MOTHER FUCKING SCOTLAND OH YEAH BABY
Contact:
Tings: 486315

Re: The You Game!

Post by Serza5 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:28 pm

< thanks ^
< is going to MTAC there which < hears is a pretty big con
Image
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29550
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4253

Re: The You Game!

Post by PluMGMK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:55 pm

< has been having some really annoying broadband issues for the last week or so.

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 pm

< wonders what sort of issues ^ is having?

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 24197
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 147825

Re: The You Game!

Post by Steo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:03 am

< wonders is ^^ on VM
Taobh istigh de 48 uair an chloig. :hap:
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29550
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4253

Re: The You Game!

Post by PluMGMK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:13 am

< is getting extended periods every day during which the PPPoE connection stays up for ten seconds at a time and drops for about a minute. < can work around it by switching to IPoE, but this means < doesn't get <'s static IP address. < reckons the PPPoE drops are at least partially the fault of the ASUS router < is using.
< doesn't use the router provided by <'s ISP because it nerfs port-forwarding without even being honest about it. In fact, on an unrelated note, < actually ended up with two of those routers. < put them in ethernet bridge mode and they're currently sitting in an office in the university, connecting together the computers on which <'s model is running! :P

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:20 am

< had to recently reboot the crappy router/model combo that <'s ISP provided... any machines connecting would get a late or zero response for their DHCP requests. Was getting annoying. Then the crummy D-Link switch or something is dropping certain LAN ports like a rock...

Fortunately < will be using a nice managed Cisco switch as soon as < gets the patch panel installed. < also plans to run custom routing software on a low-wattage computer for greater control.

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29550
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4253

Re: The You Game!

Post by PluMGMK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 am

< is really tempted at this point to invest in a Raspberry Pi 3, stick CentOS on it and set it up as a router, and then throw the ASUS machine into bridge mode.
Though < would want to prototype it first. < is in fact tempted to try one of those USB OTG cables (in conjunction with USB-Ethernet adapters) on <'s old Moto E with a broken screen, put CentOS on that (via the Linux Deploy app or some such), and see what can be done.

Ambidextroid
Jano
Posts: 12641
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 am
Location: Jaffa Castle
Tings: 85620

Re: The You Game!

Post by Ambidextroid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:31 am

< fell asleep at 4 o'clock this afternoon when < got home from school, and <'s only just woken up at almost midnight... <'s got school in the morning so <'s not sure if < should try to stay up all night and all of tomorrow or just try to get back to sleep :(
Image

R4Y_ANC3L
Oumbr
Posts: 8366
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Halogen Highway, Tetorigawa, Okehazama
Tings: 54255

Re: The You Game!

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 am

< enjoyed the the little rain showers this morning since < was getting sunnny days for the previous days.
< forgot that <'s room is getting prepared to be painted but < remembered about it when < arrived and found <'s room in a heaping mess.
Image
Image
Image
LOVΣ MΣTΛL wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.
Greeness wrote:< wonders if being sexually attracted towards a cartoon character has a name.

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:43 am

PluMGMK wrote:< is really tempted at this point to invest in a Raspberry Pi 3, stick CentOS on it and set it up as a router, and then throw the ASUS machine into bridge mode.
Though < would want to prototype it first. < is in fact tempted to try one of those USB OTG cables (in conjunction with USB-Ethernet adapters) on <'s old Moto E with a broken screen, put CentOS on that (via the Linux Deploy app or some such), and see what can be done.
< guesses that a single Ethernet port will suffice for ^? Which < guesses a good DHCP server can run on unix based operating systems perfectly to handle everything, so why not?

Just the firewall aspect wouldn't be available, unless ^ can have two ports.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The You Game!

Post by Master » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 am

<'s chest is congested, and <'s been having coughing fits. Good timing for it, what with <'s workload.
Image

R4Y_ANC3L
Oumbr
Posts: 8366
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Halogen Highway, Tetorigawa, Okehazama
Tings: 54255

Re: The You Game!

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 am

This computer had done it again while < was trying to post something. :lol:

The good thing is that < wasn't working on anything big before that happened.
Image
Image
Image
LOVΣ MΣTΛL wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.
Greeness wrote:< wonders if being sexually attracted towards a cartoon character has a name.

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 24197
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 147825

Re: The You Game!

Post by Steo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:35 am

<'s been feeling freezing the last couple days now that ^^ mentions that. This is the time of year where the weather changes and < ends up with the flu or something :beurk:
Taobh istigh de 48 uair an chloig. :hap:
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 am

Master wrote:<'s chest is congested, and <'s been having coughing fits. Good timing for it, what with <'s workload.
< certainly hopes that ^ makes a quick recovery soon.

Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Tings: 125

Re: The You Game!

Post by Ray502 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 am

< wonders when this topic will reach the 10,000 page mark.
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: The You Game!

Post by Hoodcom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 am

< would bet RD would certainly help push it closer, if not reach it. :)

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29550
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4253

Re: The You Game!

Post by PluMGMK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Hoodcom wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:< is really tempted at this point to invest in a Raspberry Pi 3, stick CentOS on it and set it up as a router, and then throw the ASUS machine into bridge mode.
Though < would want to prototype it first. < is in fact tempted to try one of those USB OTG cables (in conjunction with USB-Ethernet adapters) on <'s old Moto E with a broken screen, put CentOS on that (via the Linux Deploy app or some such), and see what can be done.
< guesses that a single Ethernet port will suffice for ^? Which < guesses a good DHCP server can run on unix based operating systems perfectly to handle everything, so why not?

Just the firewall aspect wouldn't be available, unless ^ can have two ports.
< needs the second port for the PPPoE client, which is the whole reason < is dissatisfied with the ASUS machine.
< seems to have solved the problem for the moment by setting "lcp-echo-interval 0" and launching pppd from the command line (via ssh) instead of the web interface. Of course, it could be a pure coïncidence, like the time < thought < had fixed it by disabling IPv6. :roll:

Post Reply