The You Game!

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Re: The You Game!

Post by Indy »

< Listens to same songs all over again.
< Is an Crazy Dutch Bastard.
< Draws lumload of stuff that possibly no one is giving a plunger about.
< Amazes people IRL for my small drawing talents but feels uncomfortable about it.

(Am I doing it right? It's my first time doing this.)
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Decidetto
Barbara
Tings: 12315

Post by Decidetto »

^ is most definitely doing it right :)

< just got home after buying two pairs of trousers in less than 30 minutes.
Computers, computers. So calculative, yet so incalculable.
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

^W00t! I was afraid I would suck, but thank you so much.

< Is the creator of "The Pasts of Two". (PM me for details if you wonder what it is)
< Apparantly likes cats and dinosaurs way too much.
Decidetto
Barbara

Post by Decidetto »

Could ^ maybe also talk about The Pasts of Two in public, < wonders? :)
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Master4lyf1 wrote:< Just learnt that a new channel design is going to be put upon us: http://www.youtube.com/onechannel
< thinks
Your content is a unique snowflake
sounds like < is being patronised.

Rulez's new sig really cracks < up.

< uploaded a video of <'s performance in February! Here's the video. < is the drummer, if x was wondering.

< will be uploading a video of <'s concert that was part of <'s Music exam later on.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

That was really cool :D! And nice hair by the way. XD

Force Ad to watch at least the first performance, she'll understand why. :P
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Hahah, good work, ^^! I was surprised by the use of an organ though, did you have a synth available?

It's funny, most of <'s musical friends all have ridiculously long hair.

The singer kind of looks like Rulez.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Adsolution wrote: The singer kind of looks like Rulez.
No he does.

Shroobie, you're gorgeous as fuck and a good drummist. I like.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

< thinks the new YouTube design pretty much ruined everything that was fun about owning a channel
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

Decidetto wrote:maybe also talk about The Pasts of Two in public, < wonders? :)
I'm not sure, since it's progress is incredibly slow as heck, it's violent at some point and pretty much hateful too. But fine... The Pasts of Two is a backstory based comic about a girl named Viola who will receive her new name into Indiana Viola, or Indy for short, and when she meets the Robo-Pirate named Henchman 1000 for the first time. (Love at first sight not included) She had a scarred past one faithful night when a Mysterious Red-Eyed Stranger once appeared in her home world who's seeking for a firm woman to make an reproductive tool of her to cause chaos and to destroy a innocent planet and it's inhabitants whom just recently started hating on humans for their "undone actions" because of this guy. And when Viola and Utie lost eachother, started venturing the new world they have never seen before, everything is about to change... ~Taken from my DeviantArt profile, 'IndianaViola'.

The reason why it's been getting slowly more than usually, it's because the lack of time, School, job-training, and personal situations.
Tobbe
Big Mama
Tings: 288691

Post by Tobbe »

Shrooblord wrote: < uploaded a video of <'s performance in February! Here's the video. < is the drummer, if x was wondering.
Listening to your singer trying to sing the chorus of 'Uprising' is painful. He can't go that high. Not even close. I would advice you to drop this song from your set simply because he can't do it justice.
<'s area of expertise is bass, so < can't really give any feedback because the bass can't be heard at all in this recording. That may be due to the quality of the recording, too little bass in the mix (if this recording is a good representation of your actual live sound, you have to turn the bass up quite a bit, because your sound is way too weak and trebley), or a combination of the two. That said, if you're gonna play 'Uprising', your bass player has to invest in a distortion or overdrive pedal, because the bass is supposed to drive this song, and in order for it to do that, it has to be dirtier, louder and more distinct. < should be able to hear it very clearly, even in a crappy quality recording.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Surgeon may think he is God, but God knows he is no surgeon
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

< was going to mention some of the above, but was too tired to think about how to word it.

< agrees with what ^ has to say, especially on the Uprising chorus. I do believe though that the singer clearly has the ability to sing high, it's just severely out of control. If worked on, it could get a lot better.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

The singer's voice is just breaking as he's hitting right about that age - we'll see what range he'll have in in the future. There was a brief period where he wasn't able to sing one of our other songs, but his voice changed some more to enable him to sing it an octave lower.
Tobbe wrote:<'s area of expertise is bass, so < can't really give any feedback because the bass can't be heard at all in this recording. That may be due to the quality of the recording, too little bass in the mix (if this recording is a good representation of your actual live sound, you have to turn the bass up quite a bit, because your sound is way too weak and trebley), or a combination of the two.
Which is true, and strangely enough, a surprise to <. When < listened to the exported product on <'s dad's laptop, it was fine. Something changed during the processing YouTube does...?
Any tips?
Also, we haven't ever seriously looked into mixing sound yet. You might be able to spot someone messing with the amplifiers on the left of the stage at some point during the video. When we get more technical and better overall, <'ll take your advice to heart.
Tobbe wrote:That said, if you're gonna play 'Uprising', your bass player has to invest in a distortion or overdrive pedal, because the bass is supposed to drive this song, and in order for it to do that, it has to be dirtier, louder and more distinct. < should be able to hear it very clearly, even in a crappy quality recording.
Yep, that's what the guitarist keeps telling him. He doesn't like overdrive at all though, so < doesn't think he's going to change his mind any time soon... we'll see.
Adsolution wrote:I do believe though that the singer clearly has the ability to sing high, it's just severely out of control. If worked on, it could get a lot better.
Out of control how exactly? If ^ could try to give some specific tips, < can relay them. :)

Haruka wrote:That was really cool :D! And nice hair by the way. XD
Rulez wrote:Shroobie, you're gorgeous as fuck and a good drummist. I like.
Thank you very much, Rulez and 'ruka! :D
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Decidetto
Barbara

Post by Decidetto »

Indy wrote:
I'm not sure, since it's progress is incredibly slow as heck, it's violent at some point and pretty much hateful too. But fine... The Pasts of Two is a backstory based comic about a girl named Viola who will receive her new name into Indiana Viola, or Indy for short, and when she meets the Robo-Pirate named Henchman 1000 for the first time. (Love at first sight not included) She had a scarred past one faithful night when a Mysterious Red-Eyed Stranger once appeared in her home world who's seeking for a firm woman to make an reproductive tool of her to cause chaos and to destroy a innocent planet and it's inhabitants whom just recently started hating on humans for their "undone actions" because of this guy. And when Viola and Utie lost eachother, started venturing the new world they have never seen before, everything is about to change... ~Taken from my DeviantArt profile, 'IndianaViola'.

The reason why it's been getting slowly more than usually, it's because the lack of time, School, job-training, and personal situations.
< is slightly weirded-out, but < thinks that it might make a good story.

Also, that was pretty cool, Shroob!
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

< played Mass Effect 2 again (at least 5 months without play it)
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

Decidetto wrote:
Indy wrote:

< is slightly weirded-out, but < thinks that it might make a good story.

Well maybe. It's plot is about an year old, and I haven't gotten back to draw the Spoiler pages because of the reasons mentioned above. And another reason: Paid work. (Requests and point commissions)
Decidetto
Barbara

Post by Decidetto »

Okay. < wishes ^ good luck continuing it!
Minor-T5
Knaaren
Tings: 5654

Post by Minor-T5 »

< Moved <'s computer to a different location.
< Is enjoying the new location.
< Is gonna have to go without Internet for a few days.
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

< It's cold here
< Is all alone for now.
< Over 17 days and I'm here on the interwebs for three years.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Minor-T5 wrote:< Is gonna have to go without Internet for a few days.
Hm. He posts in the forum, but claims to have no internet. Hm.