Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Re: Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Post by The Jonster »

- So my sister and my cousin are apparently not coming this weekend, bc my dad is too worried about two girls driving 4 hours to Dallas to see me. I guess since my cousin's preparing for college in a week, I suppose this could happen.
+ Oh well, guess I can fully put my time and effort tomorrow into RD! Gonna do some grocery shopping for tomorrow so I don't have to do anything except come home tomorrow and chat :D
+/- Gonna get a nice dinner too. I admit that I am a little crestfallen that I won't be having company over this weekend.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

- I feel so tired today, and if it was Record Day, there'd be still 18 hours to go. :lol:
- I'm going to feel so horrible just like last time, where my arms and hands just felt numb. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

- Same, I was wearing this long sports coat all day and I feel drained bc of it. 15 hours left as of this post. :P
+/- As long as there's one post every 30 minutes (I think that's required for an all-nighter???) we will be fine.
- I hope things don't end up wacked with me again and I start doing crazy stupid things. :lol:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

+ If it helps, I won't allow you to do that this time. :winkgrin:
+ Surely I can't possibly feel as tired as I did last time, I hope...
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

+ This year's r/Layers event is being held right now on Reddit

- Every time I try to save my edits to the Community Canvas (where you can add drawings/edits which is what this whole event is about) it displays the "Something went wrong." error which means I can't add my art. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me on this matter since this is my first r/Layers event that I've been on.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 am + If it helps, I won't allow you to do that this time. :winkgrin:
+ Surely I can't possibly feel as tired as I did last time, I hope...
+/- And then this year's RD happened. Still very commendable though. :P

+ My COTM video's finally uploaded! I think I did ok. :D
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

+ I agree, it was a ton of fun to talk with you guys and have fun goofing around, making up memes and all that goodness like I said. :D

+ You actually beat Carrot's time which was 35.96 and I think that's very commendable too since Carrot usually does very well when it comes to doing something in the least amount of time possible.

+ Since I'm quite experienced with Photoshop now, I wanna try out a new program to manipulate images with and how I'll do that is with GIMP. I think I'll install GIMP and try it out whenever I can since I wanna learn the ropes and stuff, and partially because after that, I could possibly make an entry for the Rayman MTI, the general one or the SOTM for that matter using GIMP for the first time even if in the beginning I would have to have my brother help me because he has been using GIMP for quite a while and as far as I know he's pretty experienced with it which is nice because that allows for quicker learning and getting used to it and becoming more experienced myself as a whole. :)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I like GIMP myself lately. I used to use Paint.NET a lot, but since switching to Linux, I use GIMP with a DDS plugin. I use it to assemble images for RayWiki mainly, it's good software once you get the hang of it.

+ Arch is actually working pretty well for me.

Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

+ The day was great and I played some football on P. E. and I enjoyed it a lot and even shot a goal once, it was fun. I like football. :)
+ Decided to install Krita too for the fun of it
- Got home instanly hearing about the fact that my dad is having lung embolism right now and had to go to hospital which made me feel incredibly down right after I got home. It was like the crushing feeling of hearing about Rémi's death.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

— Ouch, I’ve cut one of my fingernails too short and now it hurts and it’s annoying
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

- It took me most of the day to fix a phone.
- I broke the kernel on my Arch installation.
+ I fixed the kernel again. :P

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

+/- I'm almost done refurbishing my resume. Though I have to reorganise all the programs I made on Github before adding them on.
+ My cousin and her mom got their car back! Luckily it wasn't too serious and now she can drive her in the morning now. I just have to pick her up so I have a little more time for me to get some stuff done during my day.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

— I woke up with bad heartburn after only about 2 hours sleep. It seems to happen me when I sleep at a different time than usual.

+ LineageOS seems to be working really well. I'm surprised that the camera is so good for an AOSP ROM.

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

+/- For the past few weeks now I was at a standstill due to stress from being "fired". At this point though, I've finally recovered from the initial shock and I'm ready to start practicing again.
+ My next side project will be to place all my programs in one file instead of mixed everywhere like I've let them be in the past. I don't think I'll get anywhere else without organizing first.
+/- It really is hard to try and juggle everything I have to and want to do at once. Focusing on one thing at intervals(i.e. playing my video games a few hours, then switching to my computer to fix my resume for another hour) has helped me (in a way) with getting to each thing I want to do without me getting bored of what I'm doing.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:02 am +/- For the past few weeks now I was at a standstill due to stress from being "fired". At this point though, I've finally recovered from the initial shock and I'm ready to start practicing again.
If it's what you want to do, don't let this get the better of you. As bad as it is, I'm sure there's many other places that would recruit you to do the same job.
The Jonster wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:02 am + My next side project will be to place all my programs in one file instead of mixed everywhere like I've let them be in the past. I don't think I'll get anywhere else without organizing first.
+/- It really is hard to try and juggle everything I have to and want to do at once. Focusing on one thing at intervals(i.e. playing my video games a few hours, then switching to my computer to fix my resume for another hour) has helped me (in a way) with getting to each thing I want to do without me getting bored of what I'm doing.
Coming from another person who has ADHD, I know organisation is a nightmare when dealing with it. I often have files on my computer just as disorganised as everything else. The thoughts of trying to organise everything makes you feel like you don't even know where to start, so instead, you just become frustrated.

It basically works in the way that you'll find it very difficult to get things done, as you often want to do so many things at once that you neglect most of those things, only managing to focus on the one that gains your interest the most. Some of the things which are less interesting to you will always remain at the bottom of the pile, and you never seem to feel like you're in the mood to get around to those ones.

This is the sole reason I either never finish most games or other things I start, or at least take forever to actually get back to them and finish them, as I always get sidetracked by something else. When I do find something I'm interested in, I fixate heavily on it, like Rayman for example. It's both a blessing and a curse to deal with, but if you can manage to become organised, that's a huge step.

I wish you the best of luck.

Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Steo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 am
The Jonster wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:02 am + My next side project will be to place all my programs in one file instead of mixed everywhere like I've let them be in the past. I don't think I'll get anywhere else without organizing first.
Coming from another person who has ADHD, I know organisation is a nightmare when dealing with it. I often have files on my computer just as disorganised as everything else. The thoughts of trying to organise everything makes you feel like you don't even know where to start, so instead, you just become frustrated.

It basically works in the way that you'll find it very difficult to get things done, as you often want to do so many things at once that you neglect most of those things, only managing to focus on the one that gains your interest the most. Some of the things which are less interesting to you will always remain at the bottom of the pile, and you never seem to feel like you're in the mood to get around to those ones.

This is the sole reason I either never finish most games or other things I start, or at least take forever to actually get back to them and finish them, as I always get sidetracked by something else. When I do find something I'm interested in, I fixate heavily on it, like Rayman for example. It's both a blessing and a curse to deal with, but if you can manage to become organised, that's a huge step.

I wish you the best of luck.
Hey, I feel the same way!

(Sorry for huge quote – don’t kill me for it)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

- None of the parts I ordered arrived today.

- It's lashing rain and there's rumours of a hurricane.

+ The crappy weather at least calls for a lazy day. :P

raymanrules77
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8301

Post by raymanrules77 »

- I was late for school

- Got soaked in the rain

- Lots of assignments due soon and I had no time to work on my high school project

+ I have almost mastered a guitar solo and I played some piano on stage
FC: 37.410 | CF: 106.089 | BOM: 87.419 | LOTLD: 116.948 | DOTK: 109.618 | LS: 41.570 | SBTC: 90.452 | HH: 100.000 | TOTL: 100.133

Total: 789.369
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 pm - None of the parts I ordered arrived today.

- It's lashing rain and there's rumours of a hurricane.

+ The crappy weather at least calls for a lazy day. :P
+ In that case, here's the perfect song for a lazy day. :P

- So I had a BSOD the other day, and then my laptop wouldn't start up. Turns out there is a problem with the hard drive and the guy who took a look at it said there was a slim chance I'd be able to get it to work again and even if I got a new hard drive it would be unlikely for there to not be problems.
+/- I want a second opinion before I call it quits on my Win 10 laptop since I have stuff on there I've saved which I have to find/reconfigure again if I give up on getting it to work (which stupid me forgot to save to usb drives :oops2: )
+/- My Win 8 laptop is back in action though! The downsides? The left arrow key is still broken! And a few days ago without my knowing the laptop updated to....well what do you know! Windows 10! :lol:
+ My games, IDEs and stuff are all finally set up on this computer now (had to take an entire week or something) so all I have to do is grab the projects i saved on github and give a go at them when I have time. I want to make them look better than when I initially started on them.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:29 am - So I had a BSOD the other day, and then my laptop wouldn't start up. Turns out there is a problem with the hard drive and the guy who took a look at it said there was a slim chance I'd be able to get it to work again and even if I got a new hard drive it would be unlikely for there to not be problems.
+/- I want a second opinion before I call it quits on my Win 10 laptop since I have stuff on there I've saved which I have to find/reconfigure again if I give up on getting it to work (which stupid me forgot to save to usb drives :oops2: )
All that could possibly happen is that you could lose the data from the failing hard drive, and if the hard drive is the issue, then of course a new one will fix the issue. The only other issue I can think of to cause random BSOD errors is RAM, but RAM wouldn't be too expensive either.

My advice is to put memtest on a USB flash drive and run it on the laptop for a couple of hours when you're not using it. If you don't get errors, the RAM is fine, and a new HDD should solve the issue. Don't mind those people that try tell you a computer with a simple problem is no use, they're likely trying to con you into selling it to them cheap, as you think it's "broken".

___

UPDATE:

+ I fixed both of my Xbox consoles.