Games you consider underrated

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Games you consider underrated

Post by Rayfist »

Hello there. Discuss games you find underrated on this topic, or perhaps games you like that most people don't, and discuss why, I'm interested in hearing! Or maybe games you find should have been appreciated more or given more attention.
I'll start: Rayman Arena and Resident Evil 5 were two games I found to be underrated. :mrgreen:
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Disionity
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Re: Games you consider underrated

Post by Disionity »

To be honest, I found Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of The Movie and Heart Of Darkness to be underrated.
Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Ah yes I believe our beloved Michel took participation in the making of that game, I have not played it myself yet.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9900

Post by OCG »

Kameo Elements of Power. I bought Xbox 360 just for that game.
Voodoo Vince. I bought original Xbox just for that game.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Zikken
Aglagl
Tings: 45345

Post by Zikken »

Scaler, a good game made by Take-Two Interactive and Global Star Software that is quite unpopular. It may not have good graphic qualities like other games but it looks amazing nonetheless. Its about a kid named Bobby Jenkins that was tortured on a chair by energy bolts, which turned him into a lizard, he then got in a portal leading to another world which is really weird. He have the power to use electric bolts and transform into other creatures from something that shoots egg bombs to a flying dragon thing. The environment is amazing and the story is kind of good even though it could be better on that its still an enjoyable game and one of my favorite, pretty sad that its not compatible on the 360, I had countless hours of fun on this game. The game is on PS2,GameCube and Xbox.
OldClassicGamer wrote:Kameo Elements of Power. I bought Xbox 360 just for that game.
That's one of the best game I have ever played, wish I could have bought it though.
OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Ah Scaler, I played it once. It is a combination of many platformers. Too bad it came out in 2004 - a year where platformers like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper came. I want to buy it. Anyone played Dr. Muto?

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Zikken
Aglagl

Post by Zikken »

I guess that's why its so unpopular, the only thing I disliked about Scaler was the ending because it was like as if there was going to be a sequel to it but no, there is nothing it just ends like that.
Never heard of Dr.Muto though.
OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

They probably wanted sequel. I heared it was planned as a trilogy. Who owns a rights to Scaler today?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Zikken
Aglagl

Post by Zikken »

I have no idea, I can't find that anywhere. But i'd sure love to see a sequel of it.
Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I have to say Skullmonkeys.
Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Excllent topic idea! Some of mine include:

Rayman M: Very underrated by critics. Everyone I talk tells me how much fun this game is, I was talking to a guy yesterday about it at College and he was telling me great he though the game was.

Super Mario Sunshine: I feel this game gets a lot of undeserved hate by some people. It was an excellent game with great gameplay mechanics and unique environments.

Kameo: Elements of power/ Viva pinata: Severely underrated 360 games. Most people say rare died after N64 however I find these games to be both unique and really well made. Really wish Kameo's sequel wasn't cancelled.

Tak trilogy: Platforming games which were overshadowed by Jak, Sly etc. This was Nickelodeons idea of making a game which had characters and humor on par with likes of their best cartoons (2, 3 done this the best) Seriously Patrick Warburton as Lok is hilarious and his favourite role of mine by far. You could see the developers improve the gameplay through the series; streamlining it and taking away clunky mechanics and design choices until it was perfect in the 3rd game.

Sphinx and the cursed Mummy: This game has one of the best atmospheres and soundtrack I've ever experienced. it captures the heart and Myths Anicient Egypt so well, with excellent puzzles and amazing environments.

Psychonauts: Deserved more attention than it gone. Its really imaginative and boasts some of the best character and level design ive ever seen in a paltformer.

Pitfall: the Lost Expedition: Very good platformer with a nice story and characters as well as providing some unique level design.

Ratchet Gladiator/ Jak X: I sometimes see an array of people who bash these games simply due to the fact that they're different from the prior games in the series. The developers just wanted to try something different for the end of the generation, and the result was excellent very well in my opinion.

Also I played Scaler over my friends house and I do agree on that one too. That Cliff Hanger..
Rayman is the best man
Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Very nice list!
I remember playing Tak 1 as a kid, loved it to death. 3 I disliked though, I have not played 2.
Psychonauts, I'm still currently playing through, along with Brutal Legends, another classic by Double Fine.

Another game I found underrated is the original No More Heroes. While I did like its sequel slightly better, the first game was bashed for the most ridiculous reasons, I still really want the PS3 version, as I own the Wii version, really great game.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
CubedLuck
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1180

Post by CubedLuck »

Am I the only one here that actually liked "Grabbed by the ghoulies"? I thought it was neat...
OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

CubedLuck wrote:Am I the only one here that actually liked "Grabbed by the ghoulies"? I thought it was neat...

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
CubedLuck
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by CubedLuck »

OldClassicGamer wrote:
Apparently that guy doesn't like it.
OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Yeah. It also look bad to me. What did you liked about it?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Bzzit
Bzzit

Post by Bzzit »

The beginning is like I'm watching a review done by the parents from Cow and Chicken.. But in all seriousness I've never played that game, haven't heard amazing things about it though; it seems to lack the character and charm that's usually present in RARE games.. Also Rayfist what did you dislike about the 3rd Tak game compared to the first? :P I just remembered have No More Heroes for Wii, it looks sweet but am yet to play it. I heard the sequels meant to be much better than the first though.
Rayman is the best man
CubedLuck
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by CubedLuck »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Yeah. It also look bad to me. What did you liked about it?
I'm really not sure what I liked about it, I just didn't have a problem with it, and I never understood why people hate it?
Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Well, BG&E and Psychonauts are certainly games that deserved more attention at their respective releases, though seeing how they've evolved into cult classics, does that still ring true?
Bzzit
Bzzit

Post by Bzzit »

Yeah that's the reason I didn't include BGE, it got a HD upgrade which gave it a nice boost in popularity and a sequel on the way. Psychonauts is unfortunately getting none of those as far as I'm aware. :(
Rayman is the best man