No votes

Total votes: 12

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Re: E3 2015

Post by Master »

Hmm, gameplay of Prime Federation here:

I have to admit, I'm not so fond of the art style. If it weren't for the Federation soldiers having their designs derived from their Prime designs, and their HUDs, I'd wonder if there was any link to the Metroid Prime series at all. Hunters might not have been the best, but it still felt consistent with the Prime series in regards to its aesthetics.

The only other major element I think of that would imply a link is the control and combat, though those are smaller elements, and I can't help but wonder if anyone would have thought this was Metroid related if the aforementioned aesthetic elements were modified.

That being said, I think it's clear most of my problems with this game come with it being part of the Metroid series. Ignoring that aspect, I do like the idea of a co-op sci-fi game on the go. And Blast Ball looks like a fun little mini-game. The art-style might be stylised for Metroid, but on its own, I wouldn't mind it too much.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

I'm curious if Nintendo fans will settle down and enjoy it. Quite honestly if you looked at this as just an indie game it doesn't look too shabby. The name Metroid shouldn't be affiliated with it at all. 4 player co op sounds nice too. Otherwise I think graphically it really doesn't look great.

Speaking of graphics, while I'm excited for Star Fox, is it me? Or does Star Fox Zero's graphics look very 'meh'.

I'm sure the game will be awesome but for a Wii U game those graphics are pretty lackluster.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by buildersith »

If I'm not mistaken Nintendo tends to focus on making games look Graphically better as one of the last parts of development once the qa testing and polishing is, for the most part, complete. Meaning starfox, and probably MPFF are probably gonna look a lot better when they're coming out.
Actually correct me if I'm wrong but Federation Force is being done by the same studio that made Luigi's Mansion 2 right? Weren't they originally working on a 3ds metroid game before focusing al their efforts onto dark moon? its not really important but I'm just asking myself what if they finished Fed Force 2 year ago and left Dark Moon for now, ignoring that the whole yesr of Luigi never happened, how fan reaction would have been like then.

Also as I'm the only person who really cares about it it seems, the only Vita game announced over the course of every conference was World Of Final Fantasy. and that is really depressing, to me anyway.
And its such a shame to hear BG&E 2 get silently killed off, though also unsurprising since the games been in development hell for almost ten years now.
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Hmm, Next Level Games were working on a Metroid proto. Unseen64 also had details of a cancelled Metroid game for the 3DS, but couldn't release them. There was also some art released (that I honestly wasn't very fond of). Whether or not Federation Force is the final fruit of Next Level's efforts, or if it was a from-scratch endeavour, we don't know.

As for timing, I don't know. People were rather miffed over Other M (I've not played it myself, so I don't have a fully formed opinion), perhaps they might have taken the game as a sign of a new mainstream Metroid, as they wouldn't have been as starved at that point. I know some are doing so with it now, and reserving their spite. As always, time will tell I guess. Ninty's situation is a bit weird, what with the NX looming and all.

As for the Vita, I think it's practically dead at this point, hopefully the homebrew community will be able to open it up, as they did the PSP. Though I doubt that would sort out the games drought, it might give it more utility.

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

Rayfist wrote:
ikke wrote:I think I'm the only one who's liking the prime federations game. It looks great.
Quite honestly, those graphics look abysmal. They have no excuse when there are amazing looking games for the 3DS with far better quality: Metal Gear Solid 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, even Moon Chronicles (an indie shooters which takes inspiration from Metroid), looks fucking better.
I wasn't talking about the graphics. I was talking about the gameplay. ( I couldn't care less as long as the game plays great )

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Bradandez wrote:Image
That's a meanme one.

:D
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

B-b-but Brad! We are getting a new F-Zero for Wii U! SEE!

ikke wrote:I wasn't talking about the graphics. I was talking about the gameplay. ( I couldn't care less as long as the game plays great )
I don't care a whole lot for graphics either, but it's a little disappointing how Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS somehow looks way better than this.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

I've actually seen hate for Paper Jam which feels really unnecessary - apparently people now feel that Nintendo'll treat it as a new Paper Mario and leave the series alone until a whole new home console. Personally I'm pretty sure this is much rather a new Mario & Luigi title, but I do wonder how long it'll be for a legit home console title. I've been hearing a lot about "holding off until the next console", but seeing as it'll be the next E3 that we'd hear about it, that's at least 1.5 - 2 years, if not longer.

Also, as crappy as I think the concept it, Amiibo Festival admittedly looks kinda fun.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

Keane wrote:Also, as crappy as I think the concept it, Amiibo Festival admittedly looks kinda fun.
Te game is a free download so I honestly think it's fine... you're gonna need Amiibo tho.. so in the end it doesn't really matter... but it's nice that you don't have to pay for the game itself

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

Oh. Well, in that case, that actually doesn't make it a terrible deal - if they're about 15.00 each I could basically just pay the normal price for a game but get four amiibo with it.

Are there any minigames though? Because then I might as well kick out the primitive amiibo mode from Mario Party once it's out.
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rayfist wrote:I'm curious if Nintendo fans will settle down and enjoy it. Quite honestly if you looked at this as just an indie game it doesn't look too shabby. The name Metroid shouldn't be affiliated with it at all. 4 player co op sounds nice too. Otherwise I think graphically it really doesn't look great.

Speaking of graphics, while I'm excited for Star Fox, is it me? Or does Star Fox Zero's graphics look very 'meh'.

I'm sure the game will be awesome but for a Wii U game those graphics are pretty lackluster.
I agree with you. While I'm happy for StarFox fans to have a new game, the trailer did not impress me in the graphism itself. I have in account it is still in development but I hope they improve the visuals since I know they can do better than that.

As for Metroid, my eyebrows also lifted when I saw the graphics and started to remember how the Prime Hunters demo back in the DS era had a better look than this. I get the feeling it was a game that wasn't going fine and suddenly "Lets stamp it as a Metroid game, we know it will sell like that.". :?

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9900

Post by OCG »

Well, it actually seems it won't sell good anyways. There is a massive petition to get the game cancelled. Even if developers ignore petition, those people pretty much won't buy the game.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Hey, no lie Rayfist, Fast Racing Zero looks really fun. I think I might get it.

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

Right, because they're going to cancel an entire game they've put money and months of work into because fans can't handle a bad game "staining" their beloved series. How dare Nintendo relate such a poor game to the series that brought us classics like Metroid Pinball.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Why they don't simply avoid buying the game?

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9900

Post by OCG »

Haruka wrote:Why they don't simply avoid buying the game?
Because petitions always work :fou2:
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Meh, even if it's pointless, I still don't agree with the gesture. Being disappointed is understandable, but this approach comes across as somewhat disrespectful.

Anyways, here's footage of Blast Ball.

Looks like a neat minigame, though I'd probably stick to the main campaign, as it were.

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Sweet! Alongside Rayman, It's Worms 20th anniversary this year, so they are releasing Worms World party HD on Steam. Wish the same was happening for Rayman 1 too!!!
Rayman is the best man

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

Instant buy!
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness