Movies you just recently watched

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Elite Piranha
Murray
Tings: 20285

Re: Movies you just recently watched

Post by Elite Piranha »

Not a big fan of superhero movies, but some weeks ago I watched Joker and it was an amazing experience, the Joker has always been one of my favorite villains, but this movie made me like him even more.
Lil_DRE
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

Hmmm recently no one, but i wanna see The Joker, a friend told me was a very very interesting movie about the madness of a person and how he turns in another human being.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
Jaster
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

I just saw Coco yesterday, I hadn't see it until yesterday :( , it's a very very good film , I loved it :D
12RayChienne9
Pâquerette
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Last night I saw a Spanish historical drama film called While at War along with my parents.
The film is set in the Spanish Civil War, a writer named Miguel de Unamuno is removed of his position as rector at the University of Salamanca by the Government of the Second Spanish Republic while the Rebel faction succeed in taking control of Salamanca so some of Unamuno's colleagues on charges of affiliation.
My former history teacher from 10th grade and my current Spanish teacher recommended me to watch this film. The film is so realistic and Unamuno's speech is the most mature of the film I have ever heard. I assure you that this movie is recommended because you learn something about the contemporary history of Spain.

Besides, I'm on the centre-left side according to the left-right political spectrum, that is to say, I support social equality and egalitarianism.
Elite Piranha
Murray
Tings: 20285

Post by Elite Piranha »

Some time ago I was able to watch the Icarus documentary film on Netflix, I was very impressed since I rarely pay attention to the Olympic Games.
Steo
Rayman 3
Tings: 227425

Post by Steo »

I just watched Ted 2 tonight since it was on telly. I had only seen the first one, and never got around to watching the second until now. I enjoyed it.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Cairnie
Bétilla
Tings: 81440

Post by Cairnie »

I got masochistic one day and watched Artemis Fowl on Disney+ knowing from word of mouth that it's awful and not much to do with the books. Good grief that movie is foul. I like how the film calls itself an "Irish fairytale" but idk, it makes Mrs Brown's Boys seem more like an Irish fairytale.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92405

Post by The Jonster »

I had read there was a movie on Artemis Fowl, but now I'm glad i didn't watch it, and I don't think I would be able to stomach watching it in one go if I tried. I'll just stick to reading the books. :mrgreen:
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
Aaron
Magicien
Tings: 71453

Post by Aaron »

I actually watched Pulp Fiction recently and from what I can say, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. The best thing about it was definitely the humor, but the writing in general was excellent and the story was also really captivating. Overall, highly recommend this movie, it was a great watch. :)

Also, don't worry, there was blood in it but that didn't affect me that much, since I'm old enough to know that the "blood" they use isn't real.
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92405

Post by The Jonster »

Aaron wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:51 am Also, don't worry, there was blood in it but that didn't affect me that much, since I'm old enough to know that the "blood" they use isn't real.
I remember years ago going to Universal and Disneyland in California with my cousin and one of the workers there in one of the shows showed us “blood” and even demonstrated its use by “slicing my cousin’s wrist off using the “blood” which is something I didn’t know up until that point.

On another curious point, I remember in the movie “Psycho” they actually used chocolate sauce in the movie to show blood flowing from the girl’s body as she was dying. It had such a great effect for a black-and-white movie despite the fact it slightly irked me that they wasted good chocolate sauce.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
Steo
Rayman 3

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:22 pm On another curious point, I remember in the movie “Psycho” they actually used chocolate sauce in the movie to show blood flowing from the girl’s body as she was dying. It had such a great effect for a black-and-white movie despite the fact it slightly irked me that they wasted good chocolate sauce.
Yeah, like who cares about that woman dying, how could they waste chocolate like this? :mrgreen:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Cairnie
Bétilla
Tings: 81440

Post by Cairnie »

Last full movie I watched was The Mask, as it got added recently on Netflix.

Right now my SO decided to put a random Bollywood movie on called Saaho, and it turned out that he saw a tiny bit of this film while doing a screen check at the cinema he works at. :oops2:
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Steo
Rayman 3

Post by Steo »

The last one I remember watching is Ted 2.

Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1175

Post by Henchman1000 »

Last movie I watched was some horror film I almost forgot about because kinda uninteresting to me.
Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 87715

Post by Ambidextroid »

I didn't exactly watch this recently but I thought the film The Lighthouse was pretty damn good. Some very odd scenes (you know what I'm talking about if you've seen it :fou:) but the acting was pretty amazing. I initially found Robert Pattinson's accent a little distracting, I think because I've never really heard an accent like it, but he pulled it off and by the end I believed in the characters. The film explores this strange authority dynamic that RP and Willem Dafoe's characters have and you're not sure who's going mad or if they both are, and there's also a bit of an unreliable narrator aspect. Also I tend to really enjoy films that only have a small cast and set and focus on the characters, and this was no exception.

If you haven't seen the film I recommend watching the lobster scene on YouTube where WD curses RP, it doesn't spoil anything but might pique your curiosity enough to want to watch the whole thing.
Aaron
Magicien
Tings: 71453

Post by Aaron »

I'm planning to watch Mission Impossible and other movies that I've written down as soon as I have time. I'll share my concluding thoughts and opinions on them here when I'm done. :)
paulnewman2001
Moine
Tings: 270

Post by paulnewman2001 »

I've watched "Tenet" by Christopher Nolan back in cinema before it was closed due to coronavirus. I must say, it was pretty much meh, the acting was good, the special effects were pleasant to look at but the story was hella confusing and it's characters were bad, I pretty much forgot every character's name beside the main protagonist who was literally called Protagonist... Even the "Inception"-another confusing movie made by the same director was more understandable.
Last edited by paulnewman2001 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Estellia
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 7325

Post by PluMGMK »

I've seen Inception once or twice, and I think I was able to stay on top of it. I haven't seen Tenet though, but I haven't heard anything good about it.
My closest experience of it was when the presenter of the "Movies & Musicals" Saturday radio program was asked why she hadn't played anything from Tenet yet. So she played the first few bars of one of the tracks, and it basically sounded like repeated samples of a fleet of planes taking off, and then she was like, "See what I mean?" :P
Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 87715

Post by Ambidextroid »

My brother said he really enjoyed Tenet and thought the story was insane (in a good way), though I've heard him say similar things about pretty naff movies. Still, I'm curious to see how good it actually is.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 570814

Post by Hunchman801 »

Someone attempted to explain that movie to me once, and in the process they realised they hadn't understood it at all. :P
insert sig for RPC's 17th bday