Movies you just recently watched

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Raie de mes quatre
El Stomacho
Tings: 24987

Re: Movies you just recently watched

Post by Raie de mes quatre »

I defecate on your face.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Raie de mes quatre wrote:I defecate on your face.
If you keep on going this way, I will seriously report you to the moderators for personal stalking. You are just completely out of topic with these pointless comments. You should ask why I ignored you but it seems not to be enough.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

saerleiya wrote:If you keep on going this way, I will seriously report you to the moderators for personal stalking. You are just completely out of topic with these pointless comments. You should ask why I ignored you but it seems not to be enough.
Lol.
Raie de mes quatre
El Stomacho

saerleiya wrote:If you keep on going this way, I will seriously report you to the moderators for personal stalking.
Jlfksjlfleries should not be taken personally. I did not mean to actually offend you.
saerleiya wrote:You are just completely out of topic with these pointless comments.
A few weeks ago, I watched Ice Age 4 : Continental Drift. I loved it when the granny said "I'll bury y'all and dance on your grave".

Best regards,
Raie de mes quatre.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Raie de mes quatre wrote:Jlfksjlfleries should not be taken personally. I did not mean to actually offend you.
This is okay right now. But I want you to understand I already asked you to stop this when I didn't know it wasn't againt my own person (especially talking about expressive PMs you sent me during this time).

Now, let's back on topic...
Adsolution wrote:
Raie de mes quatre
El Stomacho

Discussed by PM.

Has someone watched the documentary about Serena and Venus Williams ?
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rewatched "A Bug's Life". It is still one of my favourite PIXAR movies.
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Yeah A Bugs Life is a classic, one of the first films I saw in the cinema alongside Mulan. Love Kevin Spacey as Hopper, from a grasshopper to a pedophile within a year, wonderful escalation of roles indeed.
Rayman is the best man
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Funny enough, the Bug's Life was the first movie I watched in the cinema, I was 6 years old and my father took me to watch it. Good times.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I think Finding Nemo was the first movie I saw in Cinemas, I even got a cool Dory keychain that has been lost to time.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Ellen DeGeneres approves.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

The first movie I think that I ever saw in theatres was Doctor Dolittle, the 1998 film starring Eddie Murphy. I don't remember anything about it except that it was was PG-13, and there was one scene with a bee hive.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

The Call. Surprisingly better then expected, always keeping you on the edge of your seat, which I imagine is a challenge when the concept is nothing new. Only disappointment was the killer. A psychopath that kidnaps girls for some really, really fucked up reason has a wife with two children and has never shown any sign of being a bit odd? Did his wife never ask him why he would need years to renovate one little house? Did she never visit it? Eh, anyway, it's a good movie. not the best, but worth checking out if you want something to watch.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

After hearing the awful reviews of scary Movie V, I watched a bit of the first one on Netflix, I actually found it slightly amusing at times. Is this normal behavior, or is my brain being devoured slowly from within?
Rayman is the best man
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I watched District 9 yesterday night. I wasn't expecting to like it to be honest, but the evolution of the plot was interesting enough to keep me watching until the end. I really liked the movie despite of the gory parts. I particularly like the design of the aliens, they remind me of Sligs from Oddworld (and the big robot in the end was really similar to a Slig Bro).

[But it keeps the question in the air: Will Christopher really come back to fully fix Wikkus? I might do a fanart of this alien.]
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:they remember me Sligs
*They remind me of Sligs
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Oh right, the subject thing. Funny how I didn't use the typical word. I'll fix it.
BarkingChaos
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by BarkingChaos »

Dark Shadows. I'm not even familiar with the TV show it was based on and I thought it was dumb and hard to watch :boon:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I agree with that. I have no idea what tone the movie was going for... was it trying to be dark and sexy, or was it trying to be a comedy spoof? Whatever it was, it was just dumb, and I'm really fed up of the Burton-Depp combo. I think that Depp does the best with what he's given, but Tim Burton here seems to have just reverted to his default, almost 'generic Tim Burton style;' it's completely uninspired. I will admit though that some of the visuals, especially the cliff, looked gorgeous.

EDIT:

After having posted that, I looked up its Wikipedia article, and it almost literally recites exactly what I just said:
Some critics felt that the film lacked a focused or consistent plot or genre (as either horror, comedy or drama; with several also questioning whether it intended to reflect the feel of the soap opera or not), pointing to Grahame-Smith's script; and that its jokes fell flat. Some further claimed that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp's collaborations have become tired, and that Depp overacted in the film. Many of the same, and other reviewers, however, noted its visual style was impressive.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Of course, the visual style of Dark Shadows seems to be pretty decent. However I totally agree with the fact Depp/Burton is exhausted. And Burton is always staying in his own genre : he has already showed his particular universe, but he doesn't try do find new, innovative things and stuff. I didn't find Charlie and the chocolate factory as good as Jack the scarecrow. I haven't watched Sweeney, Alice in wonderland and Edward yet but I must give them a try to see if they are really good.

About Tim Burton's movies, did someone here see Frankenweenie ? The only things I know about it are that is a remake of an old movie and the plot.
Adsolution wrote: