Tonic Trouble

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
dingodile555
Lums Rouge
Tings: 65

Re: Tonic Trouble

Post by dingodile555 »

Right, that makes it official and stuff.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Dimentio wrote:
stan423321 wrote:
Dimentio wrote:Rayman's cousin has been revealed.
???
I've heard that Ed has been known as Rayman's cousin. :wink:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

When I tried this game I played around 60% of it and I gived up. I didn't like it, as the PC version had so many bugs...
dingodile555
Lums Rouge
Tings: 65

Post by dingodile555 »

Well I've heard good and bad things about it, but I would still like to play this game... They should've released a PS2 remake of it :D
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Game remakes generally don't live up to the originals...a port would be preferable.

~It's still possible that they'll release a PS2 version. I'd say there's a 0.2% chance.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

StaceyW wrote:While we're at it, any chance we can have screenshots? I saw a few from the beta and one of them has the circus ship that was seen in the first ep of the Animated series.
The original plot for Rayman 2 was that the pirates were selling their captives to an intergalactic circus. I think we've found a connection between all three things! :D Maybe the Animated Series is what would've happened if Rayman hadn't escaped from the prison ship.
Kelvin12
Carnivora
Location: In the back of your head, destroying every bit of knowledge you have.
Tings: 13791

Post by Kelvin12 »

Well, I've always thought it was canon anyways, Rayman Animated could be the prequel to Rayman 2. I was thinking that Rigatoni would've been arrested in the end (he was a wanted thug apparently said in the first episode, I added wanted) and Razorbeard hides away and takes Rayman with him (captured by him and Henchmen 1000). He must've been taken the first time when Rigatoni or Razorbeard saw/heard of his heroic capability and took him with brand new harder to beat villains - in this case, the proto-robo-pirates -(thus the energy balls Rayman used in the sequel instead of his fist). They ran into Rayman's country on the way to Aeropolis (the city in the animated series) and dropped by to see if there were any interesting characters.

To bridge the presumed animated ending into Rayman 2, Rayman was Razorbeard's first slave as Razorbeard would search the next country if he could find any new species to enslave/make money for him along with his newly built lackey who was building a new batch of Robo-Pirates. Rayman found a way to escape the ship through the vents and as he escaped, the ship hit something or started to shake for some reason and he fell off the ship and landed in the ocean by accident (he tried to helicopter but this time it could only last so long) and was found at the shore by the fishermen. Razorbeard found out he escaped and sent the new batch of Henchmen after him on the Glade as they wreaked havoc and enslaved the inhabitants of it. Rayman was on there for a little while and got to know almost everyone before the Henchmen landed on the Glade.
As for the creation of Razorbeard, maybe Rigatoni made him and gave him too much personality or something along the lines. Maybe he's like the hoodlum and he's wearing a suit to protect his body made by Rigatoni.
Dimentio wrote:
stan423321 wrote:
Dimentio wrote:Rayman's cousin has been revealed.
???
I've heard that Ed has been known as Rayman's cousin. :wink:
Um... That's like saying Jade is Rayman's cousin, they only said that because both Tonic Trouble and Rayman 2 were from the same engine and same developers, UbiSoft Montpellier. It was in the RaymanZone magazine if anybody want's to know where they got this idea.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Do you guys think we should add more Tonic Trouble stuff to the wiki (seperate pages for Ed, Suzy, The Pharmacist etc.), or should we keep all TT info on the same page?
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

At the moment I think it should all be on the same page, it's pretty easy enough to list them properly.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I'm not one of the "guys" you were talking to, but its RayWiki and technically, nothing about Tonic Trouble should be there at all.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Yeah and?

It's a heavily related game as far as cameos and limblessness goes, so that's why we even decided for the article to be there.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

PluMGMK wrote:I'm not one of the "guys" you were talking to, but its RayWiki and technically, nothing about Tonic Trouble should be there at all.
Tonic Trouble crosses over with Rayman several times.
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

Yeah but Rayman isn't in it :P
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman4321 wrote:Yeah but Rayman isn't in it :P
Exactly.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

He is, actually. He appears in the end credits and in the snow-sliding level, iirc.
RayLums
Murfy
Tings: 80535

Post by RayLums »

Really ? It's a good discovery, thank. :wink:

(sorry for my english)
K.NARREN
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10828

Post by K.NARREN »

Only got to play this recently. It's funny because having now played it I now see that Rayman 3 is extremely similar. Makes me wonder if the plans for Tonic 2, if there were any, got used for Rayman 3.
{he'll have to get me first!}
oh, my toe...
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

TT's more similar to R2 than R3. And I don't think it was ever really planned as franchise material... just a "test run" game if what I've heard is correct.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Does anyone have played the N64 version? People say that version has a lot of more quality than the PC version (which I tried and I didn't like it).
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

I've completed the N64 version and have never played the PC one. But the PC one has the Grolgoth salesman in the intro, so I don't think the N64 one could be better.