Tings: 920

COPPA

Post by gamerz31w »

Elite Piranha
Murray
Tings: 20285

Re: COPPA

Post by Elite Piranha »

So sad to see so many creators announcing that they will quit YouTube, it seems that the ones that are destined to survive in the end are the corporations and celebrities, which means that YouTube will become just an extension of the TV, instead of a platform where anyone can create the type of content they want and find an audience for it.

I wonder what will actually happen next year though.
Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 87726

Post by Ambidextroid »

I feel like at this point I would rather see a valid competitor to YouTube appear and get some massive boost in popularity, but for some reason Google has this seemingly invincible monopoly on personal video platforms which nobody can break into. Then again, if another site did manage to make it big Google would probably buy them out anyway...
PluMGMK
Estellia
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 7441

Post by PluMGMK »

YouTube seems to be like Facebook, in that vendor lock in is part of the nature of the platform (you have to be on Facebook to connect with people on Facebook). I don't really understand why though, since video sharing is not as tightly knit as "networking". I suppose it's really all down to Google's ad machine...