What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Rayfist »

Lol fucking Toontown. Use to play that years ago and I actually had a paid membership along with Club Penguin. I don't even know why I used to be obsessed with those type of games.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Thebananacrafter!
Robot Ninja
Tings: 3345

Post by Thebananacrafter! »

Rayfist wrote:Lol fucking Toontown. Use to play that years ago and I actually had a paid membership along with Club Penguin. I don't even know why I used to be obsessed with those type of games.
I remember Club Fucking penguin
Cadence the party prostitute penguin used to scare me
Good thing i stopped playing it Because it got Cringey
HEY callin from Springfeel
buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by buildersith »

I only ever played an hour or so of toon town when I was younger. Club pebguin stayed with me a bit longer, probably about 4 or 5 months.

And then there was Roblox. I believe I joined in what I once heard someone call 'the last year before Roblox went down the shitter', 2008, and I loved it, whilst it lasted, I will say though that Roblox was the first place I coined the name Buildersith, & I've used it ever since.

Anyway. I still haven't beat the wall of flesh in Terraria, but thats mostly because I decided to start a project in Minceraft.
A reimagining of the first build I did on Hoodcom's server, a walled medieval city, Only really done the basic walls so far but i think it already looks much better than what I originally did on Hoodie's server, kind of wish I could do it on the server but a broken computer is in my way so Vita Edition will have to do.
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]
saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

buildersith wrote:A reimagining of the first build I did on Hoodcom's server, a walled medieval city, Only really done the basic walls so far but i think it already looks much better than what I originally did on Hoodie's server, kind of wish I could do it on the server but a broken computer is in my way so Vita Edition will have to do.
Shingeki No Kyojin-ception? :fou: (i.e. walls everywhere to keep nasty titans from eating humanity).

==

Still playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, trying to 100% it (at least in one playthrough). I missed a few achievements though, some in a particularly unexpected manner (wait, what? I didn't complete my romance? Wut wut wut).

But as I am working on a very personal project right now, I'm not playing very much these days...
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Currently I'm replaying through all the Metal Gear Solid games to freshen my memory before the release of The Phantom Pain.
I beat the first one on Playstation in one sitting and it was awesome. While I did criticize it's gameplay a tad in the past, the story is so excellent, detailing how Liquid (the antagonist) plans to use the DNA of Big Boss, and how he plans to increase it's army and make it stronger by turning there symmetrical shaped genes into asymmetrical. The game is very well laid out in story, it makes me fear for when I start to play MGS 4 considering I've heard that 4 had a lot of plot holes. 4 is the only one I haven't played as of currently. Though I'm replaying through two currently, and i'm loving the cast of Dead Cell.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rayfist wrote:So you get that boring ting sound effect. Damn. Find a way to play the PS1 version.
I underline the last phrase!
Hoozang
Paluchard
Tings: 240

Warning: stupid words of mine, you got warned.

Post by Hoozang »

buildersith wrote:Minceraft.
Great game, but I prefer Minecraft
hehe (no offense by the way)

Lots o' Half-Life. Damn headcrabs scared me! No, literally, I got a freaking legitimate jumpscare from those f*ckers.

And Left 4 Dead 2 with Masta'. Holy crap the last level of Dead Center (where you grab and drop gas on the car) was hard. In Normal. Until we gave up after losing for the FOURTH TIME, restarting it on Easy. Shame on me and Master :(

And Skullgirls. Well, look, honestly, of all my free time, I didn't bother to play it yet, I'm not sure yet, because I'm not that much into fighting games if it isn't with friends. And that's the worst time since I want to play at least with Brad or OldClassy (I love calling him "classy") Gamer. So, I've still got a fresh Skullgirls game with 0.00 hours registered. Great going, Hoozang. Great going.

Also, Destiny (Demo, this is expensive as SH*T). OH MY GOOOOOD this game is so much 8/10. So much of it. I know, I know. Many people are gonna reply "HAV U EVR PLAYD AN EMEMOOU?!", the reply from mine is a simple and fresh NO. I think. So, SO many repetitive shet on this. And grinding. Oh my Humch. Where did the story go, Bungie? Where did it go?!?

BioShock Demo (i am por) and BioShock Infinite. I instantly fell in love with BioShock (1) the first time I started to play. The graphics. The graphics are BEUTY at its best. And this game was released on 2008! The game is amazing, great graphics, great story, great gameplay, EVERYTHING. Also, the (derty) console chaps can get this game at 5.99 bucks! Even though, I'd rather buy this game in PC, the controls in PS3 are so, so damn cluncky.

Infinite is also good, but not as good as BioShock (psONE). It's true that a vigor called Murder of Crows is just a simple reskin of a plasmid I forgot the name of, Bees or some stuff like that. It's, yeah, linear, but, hey, this IS the 5th time I beat the game! The music is awesome, too!
buildersith
Électoon

Post by buildersith »

Hoozang wrote:
buildersith wrote:Minceraft.
Great game, but I prefer Minecraft
hehe (no offense by the way)
Ah-ha, but technically I am correct!
none taken.
saerleiya wrote:Shingeki No Kyojin-ception? :fou: (i.e. walls everywhere to keep nasty titans from eating humanity).
Funnily enough I finished the anime a few weeks ago so it probably subconciously inspired my redesign on the walls. :lol:

speaking of anime, psn right now is doing a sale of popular japanese games, one such game was Sword Art Online: Hollow fragment. I've never seen the anime but I know the basic premise and I've heard its quite good. As for the game itself I was told it was quite a good ARPG.
No.
Firstly, the combat is okay, it tries to emulate MMO Style combat in a single player RPG. Problem is you can only have two people in your party at any one time, yourself and dumb ai controlled character of your choosing, meaning that the fact this is supposed to be an MMO means nothing because you can't create large parties of characters, You do occasionally see player NPCs running around fighting enemies though, but there's no way to interact with them.
Also because of the anime's premise of if you die in the game you die in real life, if you or your companion die its instant game over. which I would be fine if the ai wasn't as dumb as bricks. There is a way to issue orders to your companion bu it seems like there's a slight delay between you issuing the command and your companion actually proccessing it.
and Im not even at the worst part.
so after a quick 20 minute tutorial your treted to about two hours of unskippable cutscenes, this wouldn't b so bad if 1. the characters actually said anything useful or interesting, they don't instead they all say exact same thing to you six times over. 2. the voice acting was consistent, I think the VO is done by the original Japanese cast but wether or not the actual dialogue wants to play or not is completely up in the air, at least for the main character. what happened with me was that during this slog of cutscenes my characters voice clips just stopped playing, for no reason seemingly, all the other characters were stll being voiced except mine which was jarring as hell.
3. the translation was good. the game haz constant broken english, spelling errors, typo's and most bizzarely characters switch between first and third person mid sentence!
After that though... another hour of tutorial.
I uninstalled the game after that. just urgh, that is the worst first impression a game has ever given me.

Also it runs like crap, bellow 20 fps a lot of the time, and its ugly looking too so there's no excuse for the performance.
CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

Mortal Kombat (ms-dos CD version)
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Fifo
Uglette
Tings: 29077

Post by Fifo »

CHRdutch wrote:Mortal Kombat (ms-dos CD version)
Nice!

I was playing NFS Underground 2 on the PS2.
Signature made with love by R4Y_ANC3L
CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

Earthworm jim
I got my ass kicked on snot a problem round 3
(I wasted 3 continues and got a game over :fou:)

Super Hexagon
The only only thing I have left to beat is hyper hexagon, and those stairs 2s aren't helping.

Super mario bros.
I'm currently at world 7-4 (without warpzones)

-------------------------
Game over on world 8-1 , fuck.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
buildersith
Électoon

Post by buildersith »

Megaman has never been a franchise I've been massively interested in, until recently the only game I'd really played was megaman 2 and I didn't really like it, however, yesterday I bought Megaman Maverick Hunter X , which was a psp remake of Megaman X. I beat it this morning and I really have to say I loved it, I haven't had that much fun with a platformer since Rayman Legends,
I just love the mobility at my disposal, the wall jump is probably my favourite in any game now.
Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

What makes all the Megaman series so great is how much variety they offer.
Want a simple run and jump platformer that can be a little difficult at times? Play the normal series.
Want a fast paced platformer in a dark apocalyptic world overran by Mavericks? Play the X Series.
Want an RPG? Play Battle Network
Want a really fucking challenging series that is also fast paced? Play Zero series.

There's a lot of variety in the Megaman titles. Though I'm surprised to hear you didn't like 2, it's definitely one of my favorites of the original series.
It's possible you might like X better for it's really fast paced gameplay. The X series is also one of my favorites.
I recommend playing Megaman X2-X5 as well.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

Did you already do the Vile campaign? It's a load of fun.
buildersith
Électoon

Post by buildersith »

@ rayfist: Yea I'd say thats fair. The mobility at my disposal makes me feel like I can deal with anything and when I get hit it feels like my fault. Also I just love the feeling of getting more powerful.

@pirez: I'm about halfway through it, and yea it's really fun, but I felt like it started off really hard but got a bit too easy too quickly. Still I'm enjoying it.
Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 87710

Post by Ambidextroid »

Playin' some good ol' Dwarf Fortress.
Thebananacrafter!
Robot Ninja
Tings: 3345

Post by Thebananacrafter! »

Playing some Crash bandicoot 3
Fucking motorcycle levels
HEY callin from Springfeel
Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Crash 2 and 3 are the best Crash games, period. As far as linear games go, they are some of the best, most colorful and vivid 3D Linear "Straight forward" platformers.
Shame all the Crash games to come after this (with the exception of Twinsanity) feel like shameless clones attempting to be as good as them but will just never surpass.

CTR is also fucking brilliant.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2725

Post by Snagglebee »

^ that guy got me hooked up Metal Gear Solid 2. I didn't progress any further sadly because I just don't have that much time anymore :(
Fifo
Uglette
Tings: 29077

Post by Fifo »

I was playing FF8 (disc 3). It was going pretty smoothly until I got to the [Propagator] boss! Those things are hard as hell to beat! However, I found that casting Sleep and then Death helps.
Signature made with love by R4Y_ANC3L