What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Steo
Rayman 3
Tings: 227711

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Steo »

I don't know what it is they're playing music :lol:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92406

Post by The Jonster »

I kinda like this credits better than the other, although the ending was questionable since I don' get to hear all the strange noises every specific character does in the other versions of this game.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
PopuriAO29
Photographe
Tings: 7070

Post by PopuriAO29 »

I haven't heard Flyff Legacy yet. that's what i played Flyff Webzen, the MMORPG.
In past, i just still Level 75. and my job is Magician - Elementor, since i made my own server that i install using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Back then, i upgrade SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014, as the following Edition i upgrade: Express -> Enterprise

Most i was age 12 during 2012, i've been playing flyff. but indonesian version. In 2013, I play Flyff, before gPotato levels up the Webzen.
I have been captured lot screenshots but, i also play Private Server too.

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

I need to lay off the chocolate today... -Rimi Ushigome
The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

I just got up but since I have at least a 2-hour Lon drive today I'm going to try and play everything now.
Keane
Big Mama
Tings: 145078

Post by Keane »

review timmme

Little Nightmares: I had a really great time with this, I picked it up almost entirely for its art and I'm happy that was the main focus of the game too: incredible atmosphere and beautiful visuals that were right up my alley of like creepy, surrealistic settings to tell stories in. It's a puzzle game that usually has you going from room to room, solving a puzzle in each area, and I thought that was a perfect way to pace things: some of the environments are so richly detailed that I liked having an excuse to hang around in them for a couple minutes. I just wish it was just a little longer, even 30 more minutes would've wrapped things up more nicely, the ending felt awkwardly brief and abrupt after everything else did such a great job at slowly building up to its climactic point.

The game also has 3D platforming which adds some much needed depth to these kinds of puzzle/walking simulator "experience" games. Being able to take a break from puzzling with a more action-based sequence, or having the puzzles themselves involve some platforming was a good way to keep things interesting throughout. I do wish the controls were a little tighter though, they're not bad but lining up your jumps can be tough and I never felt completely in control over what I was doing. Loading times were also pretty harsh, they're almost 20 seconds long and in the trial-and-error sections that really got on my nerves. But overall it was excellent, it's one of the most unique experiences I've had with a video game and I would love love love for the devs to make a sequel and continue to explore these concepts.

Doom (93): I decided to play this just for the novelty factor and because I wanna try out the new one soon, but I kinda fell in love with it. I actually had no idea how it pretty much laid out the rules for how to do an FPS game, at least as someone who's barely played any shooters some of the elements at play here still felt groundbreaking to me. It also pleasantly surprised me by how much it changed in focus in the latter half, it felt progressively less like an arcade-like shooter set to MIDI metal and more like a strategic puzzle game with this moody, ominous tone overwhelming everything. All the levels in Hell looked and sounded great, I had a slightly difficult time immersing myself in the DOS graphics but in that final chapter everything came together so well that I was like fuck jea, I am mister Doomguy, I kill demons to MIDIs that beg for death.

Skyrim after 100 hours: This is like the video game equivalent of fast food, it's always nice to play but you don't really sit down to enjoy it like you would with something higher-quality. For what it is I enjoy it and I don't spend too much time anymore getting tripped up over the poor decisions they made, but it does really feel like missed potential. The corny writing, bland quests, endless glitching, it just pulls the rug out under itself all the time. I am still having a lot of fun with it and it's something I'll probably be playing for the rest of the year, but I look at it more as a good way to waste 2 hours and less as the immersive open-world adventure experience I thought I was getting at the start.

I just feel like Oblivion played it so much smarter by being conscious of its limitations and going for a more colourful and lighthearted experience to make up for it. When Oblivion glitches out or handles something poorly it just adds to experience of how goofy the game already is anyway, whereas with Skyrim it's trying so hard to be the most epicest coolest gamest game of 2011 that it's only funny in a cynical "what were they thinking" way.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

I've decided to go and finish my Mario Kart Wii file that was deleted when I switched consoles. I want to experience the joy I had when playing the first time :hap:
Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 125

Post by Ray502 »

Going to play some of my own levels from Rayman Designer. Might even load the mapper and work on a new level for a while. :)

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16900

Post by Greeness »

Greeness wrote:I'm playing the new binding of Isaac rebirth dlc, but to be honest as much as I like the core game and afterbirth, this dlc is very lazy in terms of presentation in some departments the new "final area" is just a combination of all the other already existing floors and it reuses all thier assets some new enemies are just made out of already existing sprites and sometimes are just 2 enemies were just moshed together to look like they're brand new, other then that though it is enjoyable, mod support is going to be great, the challenges the dlc offers are still very entertaining and fun and the new character is incredibly unique, but other then that Antibirth which is a fan-made expansion had more effort put into it.
I should probably give my updated thoughts on this expansion now that the so called "final update" to it has been out for a couple of weeks, my opinion hasn't changed regarding the new floor being lazily thrown together and with the design of this enemy, but putting that aside, I think the experience is now significantly smoothed up from it's original state. an issue I forgot to mention with my first post was the unfair design of some newly added rooms, which was thankfully dealt with, there's now also a boost in the sprite quality of the new foes I mentioned and some other places, the most recent update has another great addition which is probably the best thing since what Afterbirth did to the game, and overall content feels much more polished now compared to how this firstly released, this no longer ruins the consistency of the base game and Afterbirth.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Alexinator
Poilu
Tings: 545

Post by Alexinator »

Persona 3 FES.
The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

Haha, I think Aaron’s talk about Sonic Adventure lately makes me want to pull it out again and play it. I still haven’t won the chap races yet!! :hap:
Ray502
Poulet Zombie

Post by Ray502 »

Played an old game I haven't played since 2014 (according to save files). That game is Tak and the Power of Juju. The first game of that series.

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

Ray502 wrote:Played an old game I haven't played since 2014 (according to save files). That game is Tak and the Power of Juju. The first game of that series.
I haven't played this game in ages, though I've only played the first two games, and only the GBA versions of both. Never played the third one for some reason...

For the past 30 minutes, been sitting in Desert of the Knaaren in Rayman 3 listening to the random quotes Knaaren were saying.
I think I'm going to switch back to Super Mario Sunshine now.
Steo
Rayman 3

Post by Steo »

I keep switching around today just testing if things work properly. A bit of Rayman Legends, Donkey Kong Country TF, Crash Bandicoot tWoC and Rayman 1. I need to just pick a game and stick to it. I also have to finish playing Kirby :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

I've been bouncing around for weeks now. Between Mario Tennis Power Tour, Rayman Advance, Super Mario Sunshine, Rayman Revolution, and recently added Mario Kart Super Circuit, Sonic Adventure, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Paper Mario to this list. It's hard for me to actually stick to a game I want.
Steo
Rayman 3

Post by Steo »

Same issue. There's too many good ones and Ratchet & Clank is another one for the list.

Ray502
Poulet Zombie

Post by Ray502 »

The Jonster wrote:I haven't played this game in ages, though I've only played the first two games, and only the GBA versions of both. Never played the third one for some reason...
The third game is really good too. In fact it was the first Tak game I bought. Saw it at GameStop years ago, then I bought it and enjoyed the heck out of it. Although the second game is my favorite. :)

The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

I really should take a run at the 3D versions of these games sometime. Probably quite a few differences compared to the handheld versions. :)
Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP)

Man, it was very interesting going back to this one. Having played Persona 3-5, I wanted to experience the series roots. My expectation wasn't super high going into this game, and I left with basically what I expected. However, some of the characterization did surpass my expectation, the game's got some genuinely good writing and loveable characters, it's easy to see how this game serves it's roots as a subseries of the mainline Megami Tensei series. There's a lot of great morals and concepts in there such as being true to ourselves, overcoming our doubts, fears, anxieties, etc. All those classic Carl Jung themes that the Persona series has always been known for is here.

There were a few things here that I'm surprised never carried over to later titles, such as the ability for each character to wield 3 Persona's at once. I love this feature, it makes a lot of sense with Persona's representing our multiple selves, and the demons we harbor. I found the negotiation system to be a bit on the iffy side. Demon contact just felt a bit repetitive at times. Yeah there is a 'trick' to finding out how to negotiate with demons by checking their personalities, but I still couldn't help but feel that a lot of the demon contact was overwhelming when you have around 20+ contact options to choose from. I kind of preferred the simplicity of stuff like SMT Nocturne and Persona 5 where there were just a few options to pick from.

The game has a lot of dark, ambient environments. It's kind of fitting for the type of tone the game invokes, as many of the conflicts center around the insecurities of a certain character. Now is the best time to mention, this is where the PSP remake fails. They've added a bunch of Jpop music in the game, presumably to capitalize on Persona 4's success. The original PS1 version didn't have this. It had some genuinely creepy, unsettling music, which fits this game well. I wish the PSP version had the option to revert back to the original soundtrack, but sadly it does not.

I wanted to keep this a bit brief, I did genuinely enjoy the original Persona. It was nice to see where a lot of the original concepts were first implemented. Otherwise I found the game to be just alright, nothing super spectacular, but a fun, fairly short RPG. Now I have fairly high expectations going into Persona 2 Innocent Sin, since this seems to cause the greatest divide between old/new Persona fans.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
The Jonster
Ly

Post by The Jonster »

Hm, I should start doing my own reviews for the games I play on here too sometime.

Nice review, Rayfist! :)
PopuriAO29
Photographe
Tings: 7070

Post by PopuriAO29 »

Currently i play: Medal of Honor European Assault (USA Version)

This time, i just finished Recruit Difficulty, i wish i would make hard game if i need. such as Normal, Veteran, and Hero.
Mostly, i do use cheat some reason, if i need solve the mission objectives.
Either way, i saw a video for multiplayer, just Deathmatch, which is why we know having two weapons and can't be changed for secondary weapon. Such as the Pistol.
Well... i just completed all Missions, which i seen the Service Records, having 4 Medals.

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

I need to lay off the chocolate today... -Rimi Ushigome