What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by OCG »

Playing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

Shrooblord wrote:
Adsolution wrote:I especially see Minecraft as a game that people are wasting their creative efforts on.
But you can create halls of lava and stone statues and have miniature robots programmed with your own skills activate your music played from a touchscreen keyboard that also fires missiles at your enemies from a massive flying obsidian airfortress that moves across the skies and is powered by dark matter and the ground up earth dug up by your slaves below!
Well, if you play Minecraft with mods, that is.

But I see where you're coming from; in fact, you're also right - I like making music or drawings more than playing Minecraft. But Minecraft is still quite amusing from time to time.
Naw, I don't think mods make the game. I think building itself allows plenty, even if a bit lacking here and there. I like Minecraft for it's wondrous world, giving you a sense of exploration. First time playing Minecraft everything seems interesting and behind every corner lies something new. But eventually that wears off and for me it's now just a fun game to make buildings with. I wish they focused more on making it feel more like that again rather then adding so many pointless features. And seriously, if your gonna add biomes, try not making all of them suck. Minecraft's individual world is slowly become a bit generic and loosing it's appeal. Just the simplicity of hills and trees was enough to make for a beautiful place, and when being there you want to see what it has to offer, and that's gone now.

And of course, another something to look at his how empty some things are. I feel that the Nether, a very old addition, is still way too empty.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

Keane wrote:Naw, I don't think mods make the game.
Surely not! I like vanilla Minecraft like anything, but mods do enhance the gameplay - and for me, a big plus, - the design features. With this one modpack that included Redpower Frames and fancy metal posts that took on different appearances depending on how you placed them together or on what surfaces you welded them, I was designing an Adventure map, having the time of my life designing a world that had secret walls that slide away and lore that filled books till the skies.
But then I was so stupid to update and not keep the old config files, corrupting my world and giving me no chance of recovery, unless I was willing to spend a good amount of time figuring out what the Data Values of all the blocks that were in my world were, so I could replace them with the correct new ones. And at first I had that intention, because I loved the shit out of what I had created and the many hours and ideas I put into it were things I wanted to show off, eventually, but now it's dawned on me it's just too much work. I will enjoy my work like I did there in the future, when I use Unreal 3/4.
Keane wrote:I think building itself allows plenty, even if a bit lacking here and there. I like Minecraft for it's wondrous world, giving you a sense of exploration. First time playing Minecraft everything seems interesting and behind every corner lies something new.
Indeed, I love designing houses. I also love messing around with Redstone and machinery to make secrets appear here, there and everywhere. To be honest, whenever me and some friends try out a new modpack, I tend to immediately go back to the things that appear in vanilla Minecraft: Redstone, Pistons, coloured blocks like wool. I only like certain modpacks for their addition of even more minute detailing, like microblocks or the beforementioned Frames.
ComputerCraft is pretty cool too and it's given me a little taste of what lua is like, something that will come in handy later for me, I'm sure.
Keane wrote:I wish they focused more on making it feel more like that again rather then adding so many pointless features. And seriously, if your gonna add biomes, try not making all of them suck. Minecraft's individual world is slowly become a bit generic and loosing it's appeal. Just the simplicity of hills and trees was enough to make for a beautiful place, and when being there you want to see what it has to offer, and that's gone now.
Just for the sake of clarity, which are these suckish Biomes, for you? The Jungle Biome? The strange Mushroom Biome? Grasslands? I don't understand many Biomes either, but they make for some nice variety in an otherwise 'simple' world.
What's becoming generic for you? The horses? The Redstone and Command Block additions? I've seen maps created that could basically be their own stand-alone game, they're that interesting and clever. Some of the things people make in Minecraft (also vanilla Minecraft!) are mindboggling and amazing. This is why I like Minecraft: it's like a general tool that someone invented long ago, like the hammer and the chisel, for then some to perfect using and sculpt wonders for the rest of humanity to wonder and marvel at.
Keane wrote:And of course, another something to look at his how empty some things are. I feel that the Nether, a very old addition, is still way too empty.
But hang on, didn't you like the sight of endless hills and trees? Isn't that pretty 'empty' too?
---

My god, I didn't mean to make such a large wall of text, and less so come off as 'ranting'. Please don't observe my post as such; I am just stating my opinions and wishing to hear yours in return.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Just finished Conker Live and Reloaded today, of course all I cared for is the single player, I'll give some quick thoughts and a short review:

Despite what many say, I actually liked this version better than the N64 version, the only thing I disliked was the amount of censoring, otherwise visually and gameplay wise it's a much better improvement, comedic-wise not so much. For an Xbox game, it looks really beautiful, as beautiful as it did on the N64 version. The combat with the bat is greatly done, now instead of the game just being a big open world, you have some hands on combat mixed in. Unfortunately, the one thing the N64 does MUCH better than the Xbox version of this game, is the multiplayer, the multiplayer on the Xbox version looks too much like Halo, and doesn't FEEL like Conker, what happened to the awesome Heist Multiplayer? It's all this multiplayer war stuff, that just doesn't really fit for Conker. So Multiplayer certainly goes to N64, not for Xbox though. Singleplayer goes for Xbox, because it's the same thing with few additions (somethings did get removed from the N64 version though oddly enough like one of the Tediz controlling a turret.) The visuals are stunning, enemies added around the open world to fight, and the game looks much better than before. N64 version is still kickass though. This just makes me wish they'd make a new Conker. Anyways my final verdict: 8.5/10

+Beautiful visuals
+Same gameplay as before yet graphically better, everything is still there including the wacky hilarious humor
-Multiplayer real dissapointment, too much like a war game
-The amount of censoring they did, it doesn't get in the way too much for me, but it surely is a nuisance at times.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Conker 2 on Xbox One. Make it happen Rare and I can bet 100% Xbox One will sell better.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Well Rare was going to make a sequel by the name "Conkers other bad day" however in 2008 this was cancelled, which is a shame, because based on the information I read about it, it really sounded great.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

We need more M rated Platformers where nobody would expect main character to be what he is.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Agreed, Rare needs to cut this Kinect crap out, start working on titles such as a new Conker, or a Banjo-Threeie, what they did BEST!
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Playing LOZ: Twilight Princess and Mario Power Tennis on my Gamcube. :D
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 493940

Post by Hoodcom »

abhinav wrote:Playing LOZ: Twilight Princess and Mario Power Tennis on my Gamcube. :D
How is Mario Power Tennis?

abhinav
Henchman 1000

Post by abhinav »

Hoodcom wrote:
abhinav wrote:Playing LOZ: Twilight Princess and Mario Power Tennis on my Gamcube. :D
How is Mario Power Tennis?
Fun to play. A sweet sequel to Mario Tennis 64 and you get to use these cool power shots. Makes things more interesting and challenging. ;)

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

Power Tennis is the best of them all. The 3DS game was a bit of a let down, cause unlike Power Tennis all the stages are just normal and have nothing individual about them. The special moves are OK-ish, but I don't like that they're so common you don't consider them special, as well as them being the same for every character. The game shines most in the minigames.

Been playing more Ocarina. Great fun. Can't wait to start with Pokemon Black after.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Been playing one thing or other depending of the will and mood. Worms Armageddon, Zuma's Revenge, HarmoKnight, Where's My Water?, Amazing Alex...

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Just started Gex: Deep Cover Gecko. The jokes in its predecessor were often bearable or so bad that it resulted in them being somewhat humorous. However,from the gec ko I can already see they've tried to mature the jokes abit, to the point where its not even slightly subtle like before, as well as stick some live action woman in with big titties which led me to notice the age rating is now 11+. The gameplay is still fun though, but I miss Gex's old voice!
Rayman is the best man

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Gex had better voice in American version in my opinion in all of his games. His Japanese voice sounds funny but it does not match his style, so yeah. American voice is best in my opinion.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Megatroid - A run and gun shooter game that has inspiration from Megaman and Metroid (though it seems to be more Megaman, to me.), for Android and iOS, t'was a rather enjoyable app, and it's free, and the in-app purchasing stuff isn't something that is a necessity to get by, you can play through the game without paying anything at all.

abhinav
Henchman 1000

Post by abhinav »

Played Rayman 3 on my Ps2 today, followed by some Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore and Burnout: Revenge multiplayer with a friend. :)

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Played some Crash 2 for my YouTube LP, gonna play Worms Armageddon now.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

A bit more of R&C: Q Force.
And also, revisiting Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, t'was a pretty decent game, and I still enjoy it now.

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Post by Snagglebee »

Do you guys still remember the game In search for Dr. Riptide. It was such a cool game in those time but unfortunately it was a bit too short. (That were just a floppy disc). Anyway I found it in my external harddrive:

https://mega.co.nz/#!6dRgRChB!cSo9vDgod ... Qq6PrSBhvY
The product code to generate more Serials is: 7LJ5I8MMT
And a already generated code if you don't want to create yourself one is: R5RCJT-WQ8J28GV-4AVNK18