What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Rayfist »

I remember Dante from Devil May Cry making an appearance in SMT 3, my friend Chris is a huge fan of the series, and I do want to get into it.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

Whoops, missed this:
OldClassicGamer wrote:lol, it looks funny. So in ToG, you can customize characters with items?
You can customise your characters' clothing, and this apparently counts as a 'hat'.
dartofthedavros wrote:I'm going to have to ask as nicely as I can WHY people enjoy rockstar's games :|
For me, this video should do some justice:

I'd highly recommend watching through the whole thing, though if you just want the action, skip to 11:30. If you just want the story, skip to 15:10.

This game feels like a grand legacy unfolding before your eyes; it's easily one of the most artistic, involved and emotionally gripping video games I've ever played. Obviously it won't catch everyone's interest, as it requires time, patience and dedication to get the most out of it, and if you aren't a big fan of the genre, you'll likely feel that the game isn't moving fast enough and stop playing.

Dark Lum Lord
Pâquerette
Tings: 12670

Post by Dark Lum Lord »

Didn't like 4 too much, but then again I haven't played too much of it in the first place so I can't say much about it. However, I do have San Andreas and Vice City both of which I love to death. I'm actually playing Vice City right now.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy »

Well as my copy of GTA V is at my parents' house, I'm playing Killzone Mercenary, which is actually pretty good for a handheld game
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

Half-Life Deathmatch. I'm pretty horrible at it but It's fun. I do think it wasn't a good idea to put spawn locations in the middle of the battlefield though. Half the time there's two people already destroying your ass before you've even moved. But meh, It's great. It's one of the few multiplayer shooters that managed to understand that people don't want to go searching for a good weapon every time they die. And hell, the pistol isn't even that bad.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Zikken
Aglagl
Tings: 45345

Post by Zikken »

You might like Primal Carnage then, because you are stuck with the weapons the character have and you gotta die to chose another one, no upgrade, nothing of that and everyone works in team. Human versus dinosaurs everyone take their turn on each teams. Also you don't spawn in the middle of everyone killing each others. :)

Have been playing Rayman Legends with my friend who knows nothing about Rayman other than the game's name. Sounds like she had lot of fun with Kung Foot and the musical levels.

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Playing Rayman 3, Killzone and Devil May Cry 3 on my Ps2. Managed to get audio working through my laptop's headphones by connecting the audio cables to my Usb tuner; so I can get the headphones experience (My TV doesn't have a headphones port). Thanks for the suggestion Hoodcom. :mryellow:

In Rayman 3, I finished the Desert of the Knaaren, and hearing Reflux's battle music again after a long time on headphones was....epic...

Also played a bit of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon last night. While the graphics and the combat are cool, I'm not exactly used to the flying controls.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Spyro Dawn of the Dragon was a dissapointing for me a bit.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Yeah, it didn't get good reviews. People also complained about the camera.

Which version have you played?
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

PS3 version before selling the game for higher price I paid. I might get 360 version if I find it really cheap.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Zikken
Aglagl

Post by Zikken »

The only thing that disappointed me for that game was how the game looks high saturated, I hate that. But I found it fun enough to finish it 100%.
Wish there was a new Spyro coming out, looks like it died in the Skylanders. :x

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

GTA V it's really good, much better than IV. Also my GOTY so far followed by The last of us and Rayman Legends!
Rayman is the best man

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

ZeptoRay wrote:The only thing that disappointed me for that game was how the game looks high saturated, I hate that. But I found it fun enough to finish it 100%.
I'm imagining a new Spyro game that's a spin-off from Skylanders. *Shudder*
ZeptoRay wrote:You might like Primal Carnage then, because you are stuck with the weapons the character have and you gotta die to chose another one, no upgrade, nothing of that and everyone works in team. Human versus dinosaurs everyone take their turn on each teams. Also you don't spawn in the middle of everyone killing each others. :)

Have been playing Rayman Legends with my friend who knows nothing about Rayman other than the game's name. Sounds like she had lot of fun with Kung Foot and the musical levels.
I've played Primal Carnage before. Not bad.
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

But Skylanders itself is already a spin-off series. spin-off of spin-off series? Sounds crazy.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Zikken
Aglagl

Post by Zikken »

Keane wrote:
ZeptoRay wrote:The only thing that disappointed me for that game was how the game looks high saturated, I hate that. But I found it fun enough to finish it 100%.
I'm imagining a new Spyro game that's a spin-off from Skylanders. *Shudder*
Oh god I don't even want to think about it.
Keane wrote:
ZeptoRay wrote:You might like Primal Carnage then, because you are stuck with the weapons the character have and you gotta die to chose another one, no upgrade, nothing of that and everyone works in team. Human versus dinosaurs everyone take their turn on each teams. Also you don't spawn in the middle of everyone killing each others. :)

I've played Primal Carnage before. Not bad.
I thought I was the only one here who played that game. :P

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

Adsolution wrote:For me, this video should do some justice
my brother recently bought 4 & 5, but while the core story is as good as movies in simalour genres, I still think that some of the side-quests and "distractions" (read: hookers and racism and the like) were a bit too strong. I've always been fine with adults (and responsible teens) playing the franchises rockstar builds. my chief concern is the idiot parents that let their pre-teen children grow up on gun and crime/war games, including my own dad. but I digress, the worlds created in the franchises are given an extreme amount of detail and will probably continue to suprise me in the following years. :)

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

dartofthedavros wrote:
Adsolution wrote:For me, this video should do some justice
my brother recently bought 4 & 5, but while the core story is as good as movies in simalour genres, I still think that some of the side-quests and "distractions" (read: hookers and racism and the like) were a bit too strong. I've always been fine with adults (and responsible teens) playing the franchises rockstar builds. my chief concern is the idiot parents that let their pre-teen children grow up on gun and crime/war games, including my own dad. but I digress, the worlds created in the franchises are given an extreme amount of detail and will probably continue to suprise me in the following years. :)
Games don't influence people to start shooting people on the street. The people who claim that are rotten pieces of human meat that keep confusing their mouths for their asses because only shit is coming out it. They're fucking disgraces to humanity that should be beated until they promise to spend the rest of their pathetic lives telling the world they were wrong and should learn to fucking think before they fucking use their fucking mouths. My hatred for these people is bigger then anything, and every night before I go to bed I hope they realise how useless and retarded they are. If they were homeless I'd steal their only money. I want to spill hot coffee on their faces. I want them to trip and fall off a staircase. I want them to go to jail for existing. They have no brains but their still not zombies because even zombies laugh at how they are being dumbass piece of shit fucking idiots. Their stupid and I don't like them.

Now that I've had my Rulezish little rant...

I don't believe games influence kids to do these things and doubt they encourage anyone to become more racist or be violent. My main dislike against 12 year olds getting these games is that they always seem to have mics for online play and think everyone wants to hear updates of what is happening to them or start screaming FUCK FUCK FUCK. Today I was playing Deathmatch and had to go figure out how to mute a bunch of kids discussing how Pamela Anderson is gay. And I'm not making that up.

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

The issue is not so much that they're being exposed to such scenes but they fail to realize that it's not ok to do that stuff irl. Shitty parenting is not buying these kids those kinds of games, it's not telling that shitty kid to not try and stab someone because they saw it in the game. Of course you do get the pre-teen shits who do it anyway but it still comes down to parents not controlling their kids like they should be.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

I think GTA specicially is far from influencing kids seeing as these images are being represented as occurrences that happen to someone who takes the wrong direction in life. After all it's about criminals.

Zikken
Aglagl

Post by Zikken »

I agree with all of the above. Example is me who has been playing Halo, which is quite violent in language and visual, since I am five years old. Am I violent, do I want to shoot and stab people? No, of course not because its not something I should do and would never punch someone either. I already have heard that a 13 years, old Halo 3 player, killed his own parents because he thought they would "respawn". There goes people who doesn't tell what is in video games isn't real to children. :tssk: