What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by MrBadGuy »

You may well be right about that. Although Half-Life 2: Episode 2 had a pretty sick ending, if a little annoying, given the wait for a resolution.
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

The ultimate cliffhanger indeed, though BG&E comes close.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

Now that's another game I'd like to see a sequel to, perhaps we'll hear something after the new consoles come out, maybe next E3?
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Here's hoping, I do want to see BG&E2 now.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Well they did state BG&E2 was going to be ridiculously big, so I do hope to see it next E3.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

MrBadGuy wrote:You may well be right about that. Although Half-Life 2: Episode 2 had a pretty sick ending, if a little annoying, given the wait for a resolution.
Ech, I still have yet to play the Episode game. I'm still on Opposing Force... it feels too far away.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

If I were you I'd go straight to Half-Life 2 at this point, and go back to Blue shift after episode 2. The Half-Life 1 expansions are good enough, but they're not really important.

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Ah yes Half-Life 2. Probably one of the best campaigns in any fps game ever, I do need to replay it sometime.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

MrBadGuy wrote:If I were you I'd go straight to Half-Life 2 at this point, and go back to Blue shift after episode 2. The Half-Life 1 expansions are good enough, but they're not really important.
I really do wonder why they never bothered bringing back any characters from the expansion packs, especially Shephard. I will play Blue Shift though. This being my second playtrough of the series I want the complete experience.
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Keane wrote:
MrBadGuy wrote:If I were you I'd go straight to Half-Life 2 at this point, and go back to Blue shift after episode 2. The Half-Life 1 expansions are good enough, but they're not really important.
I really do wonder why they never bothered bringing back any characters from the expansion packs, especially Shephard. I will play Blue Shift though. This being my second playtrough of the series I want the complete experience.
Yes!! Opposing Force was my favorite HL1 expansion pack, though I wasn't satisifed with its ending. Blue Shift, on the other hand, had an awesome ending imo.

Started a new game in Resident Evil 4 for PS2 - still find the village level at the beginning of the game to be intense; also ended up getting beheaded a couple of times lol.

Also started playing Timesplitters: Future Perfect. This is my first Timesplitters game and it's been fun - the characters are pretty entertaining.

Other than that, replaying Rayman 3 again - and I keep saying this but I love how gorgeous and smooth this game feels on PS2! Reached the Tower of the Leptys. Brings back memories...

I am curious to try the GC versions of both RE4 and Rayman 3. Hopefully, I will get the chance someday.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

abhinav wrote:Started a new game in Resident Evil 4 for PS2 - still find the village level at the beginning of the game to be intense; also ended up getting beheaded a couple of times lol.
Best Resident Evil game, high-five!
I just finished Resident Evil Revelations speaking of which, it was a fun experience, I did really like the story but I felt there were way too many cutscenes, I felt like there was more movie than there was gameplay.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Post by Snagglebee »

I was playing Ratchet Gladiator when suddenly my Double Viber didn't fire and then all my weapons didn't fire anymore. Thanks to that I can start from beginning again =_=

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Rayfist wrote:
abhinav wrote:Started a new game in Resident Evil 4 for PS2 - still find the village level at the beginning of the game to be intense; also ended up getting beheaded a couple of times lol.
Best Resident Evil game, high-five!
Yeah! *High-fives!*
emshomar wrote:I was playing Ratchet Gladiator when suddenly my Double Viber didn't fire and then all my weapons didn't fire anymore. Thanks to that I can start from beginning again =_=
I remember something similar to this had happened while I was playing, but for a different R&C game; maybe 1 or 3. Resetting the console did fix the issue for me though.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

emshomar wrote:I was playing Ratchet Gladiator when suddenly my Double Viber didn't fire and then all my weapons didn't fire anymore. Thanks to that I can start from beginning again =_=
Curious, I haven't encountered anything of the sort, though the sound effects does go out now and then.

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Really in the mood to replay through the DMC franchise, seriously really good game.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

I finished Opposing Force today. This game is pure art. I've never played such a thrilling, innovative and overall perfect expansion pack. And it's not just the fact that there are new enemies, weapons and mechanics, but also the completely new experience. There's a ton of atmosphere in this game. I love the lone, almost isolated feeling that a big part of your journey inside the facility gives you. This game is definitely more direct with its story telling (You actually see the early Xen creature experimenting, G-Man plays a bigger role, etc). It makes finding people much more satisfying. My only criticism is that the human interaction is still limited. You'll be fighting together with your other HECU members and upon victory you just have to leave them behind.

But seriously, if your a fan of Half-Life and never bothered with expansion packs, check this one out. Every chapter offers something new, there's a ton of weapons and fighting against Race X is, in my opinion, even much cooler then the Xen creatures. I guess the level design isn't always perfect (I like Pit Drones but they were seriously overused, to the point where you already knew they were coming whenever there was an empty hallway.) but it's really a minor issue. I'd give this game a 9/10, no doubt.

--

Today I started playing Blue Shift... and today I finished Blue Shift. I knew it was the shortest of them all but I literally beat the entire game in four hours during my first time. It's a shame that the full Dreamcast game was never completed, especially seeing how these fours hours do have some great ideas and the cancelled content would expand on the somewhat vague Race X. But besides being short, I loved it. I liked that this game was mostly above ground, as a third go at venturing trough Black Mesa would've been tiring. I really love that they decided to let Security Guards and Scientists be the stars of the game, as their my favourite characters. Rosenberg is the character I missed in the previous games. Instead of only using other people to open doors or protect you, Rosenberg will actually interact with you and help you throughout the second half of the game. He's a great character that I really wish had made it into the final game. The Xen portion is very well done and seeing the place in daylight is a neat touch. Also love that once you go there it stops making you feel so fragile and lets the whole Half-Life soundtrack kick in.

What's strange though is that the other survivors, Walter and Simmons, are not seen in Half-Life 2. The fact they escaped with Barney and share the same models as what Kleiner and Eli Vance were based upon would make it seem like they'd be the logical choice of returning Scientists for HL2.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I was currently playing RO on the PC and on the 360.

JamesDNaux
Reclu
Tings: 615

Post by JamesDNaux »

Well I've gotten my hands on Legends, late to the party as always.

I have to say, it's quite brilliant so far, already better than Origins even.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

JamesDNaux wrote:Well I've gotten my hands on Legends, late to the party as always.

I have to say, it's quite brilliant so far, already better than Origins even.
God luck getting everything in the game. You got Wii U version?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

JamesDNaux
Reclu
Tings: 615

Post by JamesDNaux »

OldClassicGamer wrote: God luck getting everything in the game. You got Wii U version?
Indeed I have, I've already gotten 100% on a good portion of the levels. And Polokus ain't got nothin' to do with that.