What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by OCG »

Dark Lum Lord wrote:Still can't comprehend how an inividual can "strongly dislike" a masterpiece such as Twinsanity, but okay.
And I still cannot comprehend how an inividual can "strongly dislike" a masterpiece of a party game such as Crash Bash, but okay.

Played today Crash 1 for Let's Play and played Rayman Designer to try it out.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures, and Garry's Mod have been the top choices lately. I should get back into Layton soon too.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

Trevor farted
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Been playing some Saints Row IV, loving it!
OldClassicGamer wrote: And I still cannot comprehend how an inividual can "strongly dislike" a masterpiece of a party game such as Crash Bash, but okay.
If you read my review on it a long time ago, you'd know I didn't think it was too bad, but for the most part, yeah I don't like it. I found the party games to be incredibly shallow with few exceptions, the minigames are continuously recycled, rather than delivering something new, many missing characters that should be in the game such as Pinstripe, really laughable story. Otherwise I thought it was okay, but I don't understand everyones liking towards it, it just feels like a very shallow, empty party game to me.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 556777

Post by Hunchman801 »

Adsolution wrote:Hm! How far are you?
I'm really slow (not much time to play), just finished the raid in the FIB building. :D

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Playing Spyro 2 on my Vita!
Rayman is the best man

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Rayfist wrote:Been playing some Saints Row IV, loving it!
OldClassicGamer wrote: And I still cannot comprehend how an inividual can "strongly dislike" a masterpiece of a party game such as Crash Bash, but okay.
If you read my review on it a long time ago, you'd know I didn't think it was too bad, but for the most part, yeah I don't like it. I found the party games to be incredibly shallow with few exceptions, the minigames are continuously recycled, rather than delivering something new, many missing characters that should be in the game such as Pinstripe, really laughable story. Otherwise I thought it was okay, but I don't understand everyones liking towards it, it just feels like a very shallow, empty party game to me.
The reason why Crash Bash is considered an excellent mini-game collection is because, while Mario Party is great for laughs and just dicking around with friends, there is not a lot of skill involved. There can't be, because there are so many mini-games, and they can't make them too complicated, as the accessibility would be ruined.

Crash Bash instead gives you a smaller set of mini-games, but on each floor of the warp room in Adventure Mode, you unlock a slightly more complex version of an already played mini-game, while getting new ones along the way. The complexity of these main mini-games stacks as you go further in, so you are eased into what is eventually a very skill based multiplayer game, in contrast to Mario Party, which is all about luck, bargaining and having a laugh as opposed to really being very skill based. It has a different goal compared to Mario Party, but ends up being just as accessible because of the way it eases the player into more difficult and complex tasks.

Personally, I enjoy both ideas (and games), but some people only like one or the other.

--------

Played some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance today and I've played some more Garry's Mod.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

To each his own I suppose. I just found some of these minigames in Crash Bash incredibly repetitive, if going for 100% you'll have to play that minigame 3 times in a row, the game just got far too repetitive for me.

Didn't MGR: Revengeance come out on steam recently? I'm interested in trying it.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Yeah, it did. I saw it on Steam front page.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

rolesfamily
Magicien
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

Carried on playing through Crash Bash with my friend yesterday, we're up to the third warp room! Some of it is actually gettin' kinda difficult!
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Finally beat Saints Row IV, and I can see there's MORE to do once you've beaten the game. Maybe gonna play some Rayman 2 on my Iphone later, despite my hatred towards the controls.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Played a bit of Rayman 3D and I am gonna aim to get all cages and lums for the first time ever in any version of Rayman 2.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Haven't been playing much as of late, been musing about trying Super Metroid again, seeing as I've come to a standstill at Ridley's.

Earth Gwee
Rayman 3
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee »

I've been playing Pokemon X. Finally! And I am loving it so far! :D

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Super Smash Bros Brawl on my Wii and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on my laptop.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy »

Just started playing Papers, Please
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Earth Gwee wrote:I've been playing Pokemon X. Finally! And I am loving it so far! :D
We need to battle one day. ;)

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Recently, I played a LOT of Rayman 3D on 3DS. Just to finish The Prison Ship and final battle and I am done. Then I will probably buy some 3DS game I don't have.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Meh, not much as of late, I play a bit of Pocket Edition Minecraft now and then during my breaks.

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

:3
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))