What games are you currently playing?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Alltech
Barbara
Tings: 10293

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Alltech »

Good luck! 😉
😎
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I am playing Mario's Picross on my laptop for now. Hoping to finish in in the next day or so. Also am gonna wrap up tonight what I haven't finished in Redemption yet, mainly the TBR and Breakout. Once I finish Redemption, I'm going to put Rayman Advance as my next Rayman game, despite the horrible earrape I'll be experiencing. :lol:

Oh and Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii also. Gonna finish that second save file today.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I might go ahead and play Watch Dogs 2 after I get my free copy, assuming it will run on Linux ofc. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

The Jonster wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:24 pm I am playing Mario's Picross on my laptop for now. Hoping to finish in in the next day or so. Also am gonna wrap up tonight what I haven't finished in Redemption yet, mainly the TBR and Breakout. Once I finish Redemption, I'm going to put Rayman Advance as my next Rayman game, despite the horrible earrape I'll be experiencing. :lol:

Oh and Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii also. Gonna finish that second save file today.
I've finished everything this morning except for TBR, so I'll try again tonight. I'm now playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii. I still haven't really finished this game completely.
RulesOfKulche
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by RulesOfKulche »

Just started playing the 2016 Ratchet & Clank game! Despite some friends telling me it isn't very good compared to the original (which I never played), I still think it's pretty fun!!
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I am currently playing Rayman Advance on my computer. I also plan to get the rest of the green stars in SMG2 today also.
Attia

Post by Attia »

Recently I have been playing only games made by Riot Games. It turned out to be a nice studio :) 2 weeks ago discovered Valorant, now got addicted to League of Legends. Most of all I like its clash mode, it is really great. But don't want to jump into conclusions since I play it for not too long.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Wait how’d you post as a guest!?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

It was a spambot whose account I deleted but, questionably, I neglected to delete the posts. :hap:
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

PluMGMK wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 am It was a spambot whose account I deleted but, questionably, I neglected to delete the posts. :hap:
Ah, I see now. Thanks for the explanation :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I got back to playing Throne of Darkness. I've had the game for like twenty years but never got to finish it so maybe that'll be it this time? :P
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I started working on SMG2 on my Wii again. I have a few more stars to go before I fully finish it. Then I'll go with New Super Mario Bros. Wii since I never finished that game.

I still have to finish Rayman Advance on my laptop too. :P
Then I'll go for Rayman DS next since it's the shittiest R2 port.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I played through Portal Stories: Mel this afternoon, in Story Mode. It's my first time playing it since 2015, and back then there was no such thing as "Story Mode" – the story was told in what is now called "Advanced Mode". I normally go for more difficult modes in games ("Hard" in Black Mesa, "Classic" in Rayman Redemption but not "Demise" thank you very much! :P) but there was at least one Story-Mode-related achievement, for which I already had the Advanced Mode equivalent from 2015, so I broke my rule just to get that! :fou: It clearly made a difference, since I visited rooms which I remembered as the site of much head-scratching in 2015, and yet got through them in a few minutes this time, and in the end it seems I clocked up only 5 hours rather than 19~20 the last time.

Apart from the difficulty, I'd forgotten what an amazing job they had done on the visuals. I spent ages in the intro sections just walking around gawking at stuff. Later on, I didn't pay as much attention to the environment, which I get the feeling was a mistake, because they seemed to be putting in lots of nice hints at various story threads (not necessarily related to the main game) and apparently I missed a secret, or several!

The dialogue was a small bit sloppy in places (I think I heard the companion AI mention the antagonist's name before he actually learned who the latter was…) and some lines got cut off by level transitions when I was playing. (I know there's a way to script transitions so that doesn't happen, but I also seem to recall that it's a pain in the backside, because my own Portal 2 maps suffer from the same problem, which means I didn't bother with it. :P So, if you play this mod, my advice is to wait for everyone to stop talking before getting in an elevator…) The biggest story flaw is probably at the very end where the protagonist is suddenly able to use a keyboard and mouse, despite having being in suspension since before they were invented, but I guess a little suspension of disbelief is deserved at that point – at least I'm not the only one to notice that!

So anyway, if you're a Portal fan, and you haven't played this yet, I definitely recommend it!
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Just finished Rayman Advance now (my percentage is for some reason 105 though xD), now I'm gonna play Rayman DS next, despite how much I'm not going to like playing it. :P
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I've been playing Rayman 3 on GBA. I plan to actually finish it this time instead of playing halfway through then losing interest.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

The Jonster wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 am Just finished Rayman Advance now (my percentage is for some reason 105 though xD), now I'm gonna play Rayman DS next, despite how much I'm not going to like playing it. :P
Turns out the game is running slowly on my Desmume emulator, so I'm already a little agitated from it. :P
(Yes I know there's No$GBA but are there savestates on that?)
Gordswitch
Ugly
Tings: 715

Post by Gordswitch »

playing Rayman 3 on Dolphin. It’s pretty fun but I would like to know how to replay previous stages
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I'm pretty sure you have to complete the entire level first before you can replay it. And you have to start at the beginning of said level.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I'm still in progress of playing a little Rayman 3 on GBA here and there. The game over screens are definitely repetitive, and the on screen view really doesn't help with how they hide things. :mefiant:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Been playing on my Wii Rune Factory: Frontier the past 2 days. I'm actually really enjoying it so far. Started playing R3 GBA myself aside from Rayman DS since it's just going to take longer than I expected to finish that gmae.