What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Holy Crap
Jano
Location: I AM OMNIPRESENT! (Just like God, only better, because I exist)
Tings: 80202

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Holy Crap » Sat May 24, 2008 1:51 pm

so i've heard. but super PAPER mario? what were they taking to think of that? and what were the company thinking to go through with it? and what kind of awesome skills did they have to somehow make a decent game out of it?

Limely
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 17095

Post by Limely » Sat May 24, 2008 2:22 pm

Whaaat? Isn't paper kick-ass enough for you? D:<

Tobbe
Bad Rayman
Tings: 288676

Post by Tobbe » Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Holy Crap wrote:so i've heard. but super PAPER mario? what were they taking to think of that?
They just had to come up with something new to milk the Mario franchise even more. I hate Nintendo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resumé:
Moderator 2009-2013
Super Moderator 2013

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78440

Post by Cairnie » Sat May 24, 2008 6:32 pm

The original Paper Mario was one of the sole reasons why I wanted a Wii. N64 emulation is utter shit, and I didn't want to get an original N64, though I was close to getting one. The one on the Gamecube is excellent, certainly one game that made me play to the very end, and I don't usually beat as many games as I used to.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

Holy Crap
Jano

Post by Holy Crap » Sun May 25, 2008 8:06 am

Tobbe7 wrote:
Holy Crap wrote:so i've heard. but super PAPER mario? what were they taking to think of that?
They just had to come up with something new to milk the Mario franchise even more. I hate Nintendo.
you can't hate nintendo!!!

Tobbe
Bad Rayman

Post by Tobbe » Sun May 25, 2008 9:41 am

Why not? :roll: Give me three good reasons Image
Idiot...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resumé:
Moderator 2009-2013
Super Moderator 2013

Holy Crap
Jano

Post by Holy Crap » Sun May 25, 2008 10:07 am

1. they make lots of good games
2. they make lots of good things on which to play games
3. hating an entire company for no real reason is pointless

Cairnie
Magicien

Post by Cairnie » Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 am

Once upon a time I used to hate Mario. But I became a convert in recent years. :P

so wuz old psn banner

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango » Sun May 25, 2008 11:11 am

Holy Crap wrote:1. they make lots of good games
That's some good reasons.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Tobbe
Bad Rayman

Post by Tobbe » Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm

:tssk:
Holy Crap wrote:1. they make lots of good games
I underlined good, didn't I.

First argument is okay. They have made a lot of good games. The problem is, Nintendo has never done anything new since 1992 or something. All they do is puke out games based on old franchises like Mario, Zelda and Metroid. And it goes without saying that when you release 13 new Mario games every year you're gonna make some really good games every now and again, like Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy. So Nintendo is not like Blizzard, where the 'good game ratio' is nearly 1:1 (Okay, WoW is lame, but saying that it isn't a good game is like claiming that cigarettes aren't a commercial success). If you divided the number of really good games made by Nintendo by the number of mediocre or bad games, you'd get a pretty low number.

The second argument is rubbish. Nintendo hasn't made a decent console since the SNES. The Nintendo 64 used cassettes, had the worst controller in the history of gaming and was much, much weaker than the Sony PlayStation. The Nintendo Gamecube was a joke, and The Nintendo Wii is imo still riding the 'omfglookwiimote' hype created by Nintendo and their rabid fanboy sect. It is a step backwards when it comes to console hardware development. Mark Capps of game developer Epic once described the Wii as a virus, and he was absolutely right. I could go on and on about why the Nintendo Wii should be a failure (thanks to the extremely skillfull Nintendo marketing division that's not the case, though.), but I'm afraid your brain would assplode from the overexposure to relevant information.

The third argument is obviously something you came up with just because you couldn't find a good and valid one, so I won't even bother to argue back. Your previous outburst; 'You can't hate Nintendo!!!' clearly shows that you're a 4th or 5th degree fanboy and that none of your opinion concerning Nintendo, other game companies or their consoles should be considered valid. Let me just say that I have my reasons for hating Nintendo, some of which are explained in the paragraphs above.

And 24_121, you're a miserable fanboy twat as well.

If you have any good counter-arguments feel free to share. I like a good discussion.
Resumé:
Moderator 2009-2013
Super Moderator 2013

foultzboyz
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by foultzboyz » Sun May 25, 2008 11:26 pm

I don't hate Nintendo, though it's almost all true stuff. (Except that the Nintendo 64 was actually, technically, a more powerful console than the PlayStation, though it also had an extra year.) Nintendo is still getting all their money from the same game series over and over and don't seem ready to step out and try making something new. As for the Wii, I feel a very good possibility that one day, the entire gimmick will just start fading. (Really, it's just the same kind of technology that dates back to the old NES Zapper light gun days.) At that point, people now are stuck with consoles they waited over a year to get that they really don't care for anymore. Eventually, the industry will realize that the Wii isn't doing much of anything to progress the industry, as it's barely more powerful than an Xbox [1]. In my opinion, the Xbox 360 is the one actually doing something to keep game development going. It's stronger as a gaming machine than either of the other two, and look at some of its newer titles. Gears of War 2 is an amazing-looking upcoming game from the creators of my favorite series (Unreal Tournament), and I can't imagine playing it on some Wii without it feeling clunky. (Or playing at about 5 FPS.) For me, the gimmick's already worn off some, though for others it will just take a little longer.

Limely
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 17095

Post by Limely » Sun May 25, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm sick of the Wii already. When I'm playing, I do it because I want to relax and have some fun after a stressing day. I want to sit down in the couch and mash some buttons. I don't want to jump around in the room and wave my arms like crazy. Some occasional shaking of the Wiimote is alright, like when you use a sword in Zelda: Twilight Princess, I guess.

Jman
Joe
Tings: 57987

Post by Jman » Mon May 26, 2008 5:45 am

I am quite glad that I didn't spend the money on it. I think Nintendo has realized that their motion sensor games are kind of lame because a lot of the new games really don't bother with them, except for the racing games, in which the controls are always the same. Too bad they didn't make the console more powerful.
ImageImage
6/100 - Not Boon :partyhat:

Holy Crap
Jano

Post by Holy Crap » Mon May 26, 2008 7:46 am

perhaps, but it's still no reason to HATE nintendo.

Cairnie
Magicien

Post by Cairnie » Mon May 26, 2008 9:55 am

In all honesty, the fact that I only wanted so few certain games is the reason why I have consoles. Like the PS2, I only wanted it to get Rayman Revolution and Rayman M, the Dreamcast was for only Sonic Adventure, and I got a Gamecube because back then I had a raging obsession with Mario. And the reason I got a DS was because it was second choice if I didn't get a Wii for Christmas, which I did in the end. But even I tend to leave consoles lying around unplayed for months.

If there's anything that gets on my wick, it's Brain Training/Brain Age. That game just screams gimmick because of the whole "vidya gaems make you brainy" thing, which is quite bullshit actually. Yeah, games do require brainpower but not so that it's to improve your memory or shit. That game is the only reason people as old as 50 have a DS and only play just that. If I wanted to play quickfire stuff, I'd play Warioware, and if I wanted to do sudoku, I'd grab an unfilled sudoku book or newspaper and do that. The amount of non-game shovelware that's already there and is coming for the Wii and DS is ridiculous.

Don't get me started on how they tried to make a household product of Dancing Stage/DDR. In the arcade it's a brilliant game, but as I've said once before, the mats you hook up to the Playstation feel like it's made of nappies and took up a shitload of space, while the actual games for it themselves were horrible, with shit music and blocky graphics to boot. I actually used to think that shit would help me lose weight, but eh, rather go in an arcade and shove a 50p or pound coin in to play DDR.

so wuz old psn banner

Tobbe
Bad Rayman

Post by Tobbe » Mon May 26, 2008 1:35 pm

Holy Crap wrote:perhaps, but it's still no reason to HATE nintendo.
Okay. If you feel hate is a too strong word, I'll moderate it to 'strongly dislike'. I used hate so that you would get my point, and it isn't far from the feeling I have for those greedy Japanese bastards anyway. The Wii is ridicolously overpriced compared to the Xbox 360 and the PS3 btw.
Resumé:
Moderator 2009-2013
Super Moderator 2013

El Dango
Clark

Post by El Dango » Mon May 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Tobbe7 wrote: And R4_121, you're a miserable fanboy twat as well.
Could you please die or something?
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!

Tobbe
Bad Rayman

Post by Tobbe » Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Sorry. I plan on living for another 80 years. :mrgreen:
Resumé:
Moderator 2009-2013
Super Moderator 2013

El Dango
Clark

Post by El Dango » Mon May 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Then i guess i'll have to put you on my enemy list, if you keep acting like that. Funny how the enemy list is much more useful than the friend list.

foultzboyz
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by foultzboyz » Mon May 26, 2008 3:50 pm

I think it's kind of funnier how no one uses those lists except you select few as well as how little he probably cares (if at all). I also think it's funny how you seem to think that you can [somehow] have a "correct opinion". This entire thing is quite immature...