What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Bzzit »

Just finished South Park: The Stick of Truth, the best and funniest game I've played in a while.
Rayman is the best man

Fifo
Uglette
Tings: 26675

Post by Fifo »

Rayman Revolution (I’m not using an image, I’m playing directly from the original media, just saying). :)

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Bzzit wrote:Just finished South Park: The Stick of Truth, the best and funniest game I've played in a while.
Really wanting to play that game, a bit too pricey at the moment for me though.

Currently playing Mother 3 on my Iphone, reaching the end of the game.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I've been playing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe in my 3DS' virtual console and Pokémon X in my dead times when I am at school.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Currently, been playing some of the Rayman mobile games, got some images for the Wiki as well. Other than those, mostly just Pocket Edition of Minecraft.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy »

Playin' Titanfall today :)
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

Yoshi's New Island. I wasn't expecting much, but it's kinda really disappointing to be honest. I feel the developers focused so much on trying to recreate the Yoshi's Island feel that they completely overlooked what actually made that game so good. The platforming is pretty dull and too easy, and the game just feels... empty. Nothing is engaging, the music is weak, the visuals are boring, and there's too much "look, remember this? what about this? yoshi's island is back!" for it to actually seem like a new game.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Keane wrote:Yoshi's New Island. I wasn't expecting much, but it's kinda really disappointing to be honest. I feel the developers focused so much on trying to recreate the Yoshi's Island feel that they completely overlooked what actually made that game so good. The platforming is pretty dull and too easy, and the game just feels... empty. Nothing is engaging, the music is weak, the visuals are boring, and there's too much "look, remember this? what about this? yoshi's island is back!" for it to actually seem like a new game.
From what I've heard, the game is much more fun and interesting when you aim for collectables, and is much more challenging. The bonus levels you can unlock in each world are also supposed to be a great challenge.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Keane wrote:Yoshi's New Island. I wasn't expecting much, but it's kinda really disappointing to be honest. I feel the developers focused so much on trying to recreate the Yoshi's Island feel that they completely overlooked what actually made that game so good. The platforming is pretty dull and too easy, and the game just feels... empty. Nothing is engaging, the music is weak, the visuals are boring, and there's too much "look, remember this? what about this? yoshi's island is back!" for it to actually seem like a new game.
That game just came out today, I was planning on getting it.
Would you reccomend I pass on this one for now and wait for a cheaper price?
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

Rayfist wrote:
That game just came out today, I was planning on getting it.
Would you reccomend I pass on this one for now and wait for a cheaper price?
I would, this is more like a Mario Kart 7 game: Fun for 30 minutes or to fill some time in, but you won't really sit down and play this for a long while.
sonicbrawler182 wrote:
From what I've heard, the game is much more fun and interesting when you aim for collectables, and is much more challenging. The bonus levels you can unlock in each world are also supposed to be a great challenge.
I've played for a good while and found little challenge, because the design is incredibly easy. I will say the collectibles are hard to find, but I'm not too encouraged to go and discover them all when so far the game hasn't given me any reward for them and they just require me to replay levels. I'm trying not to compare it to the original, but I can't. I'm not sure why this game is called "New" Island when really, this is just all the ideas of a good old game executed less well here. I don't feel a want to collect everything and unlock everything, the game isn't creating it for me. Now to be fair, it's not an entirely bad game, and when the game does introduce a fresh new feature it's pretty fun (So why didn't they make more...?) and overall can be a fun relaxing something that I'll enjoy during a car ride or when I have nothing to do for a bit, but that's not what I want out of a sequel to a game that wasn't that.
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

I think I'll pass on this one for now, I'm more anticipating Kirby Triple Deluxe's American release, along with Mario Kart 8's release on the same month.

The only Yoshi's Island game I own is the original for SNES, and I still love it to death.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

Rayfist wrote:I think I'll pass on this one for now, I'm more anticipating Kirby Triple Deluxe's American release, along with Mario Kart 8's release on the same month.

The only Yoshi's Island game I own is the original for SNES, and I still love it to death.
Ah yeah, I've been saving up for both of those titles, especially the upcoming Mario Kart.

The Yoshi's Island DS was pretty decent, I never really got why people disliked that one too, I thought it, unlike this one, brought in a lot of fresh ideas to the concept and really felt like a more legitimate new title for the series.

buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by buildersith »

Anyone played the new Thief yet? I preordered it about a week before it came out but I just got round to downloading it now, I've played about an hour so far and I love it, I really do. I'm playing it on master difficulty, the highest difficulty excluding custom -which lets you choose how difficult or easy certain aspects of the game, and what makes it awesome is the more difficult you make it, you'll get more points on this global leaderboard thing, basically adding a competitive aspect to a single player game without it being obtrusive in the slightest, which honestly, I think should be celebrated. Anyway, whilst I'm still very early on in the game, the stealth seems to work great so far, guards and civilians aren't complete idiots like in the first game and will see you if your standing in the open even when you're concealed in darkness. I'm intrigued by the story, though I'm confused, is this a reboot, or a sequel? it feels first like a reboot, but then I realized Garrett still has a mechanical eye, which he got at the the end of the first game. Every time you grab loot feels so incredibly satisfying, especially when its worth lotsa gold.
Also the City feels like a dystopian steampunk city, and its great. If you want you can stop what you're doing and listen to the NPC's have conversations wether their story important or not.
the only issues I've had with the game is some graphical glitches and a five minute black screen of loading when starting the game up, but I think thats more my computer than the game itself.

By the way, I realize just how long its been since I last posted here, guess seeing so many familiar names in the chat of the RL dev livestream made me want to pay a visit.
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

I'm not sure why this game is called "New" Island
From what I heard, it's literally set on a different island, storywise. That's why it's called "Yoshi's New Island" and not "New Yoshi's Island".

I still need to completely playthrough it's predecessors. Really want to see more of Yarn Yoshi too.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

buildersith wrote:Anyone played the new Thief yet?
Yeah I'm only like halfway through the story but it's actually pretty good for the most part. I do agree with most of the things you said about the stealth and gameplay, it is indeed great fun, however I do feel the game has its fair share of problems. I love the aesthetics of the city and the atmosphere that is evoked as you sneak around the streets and roof tops, but I feel the immersion is often hindered by poor level design and the way the city is all broken up into sections; having to wait through a a loading screen every time you enter a new section is pretty annoying. Having to constantly backtrack and navigate through he city can be annoying too and I often find myself just running through guards instead of being sneaky. I love the actual story missions though as well as the side missions as they can often be very unique and sometimes even humorous. Solving little puzzles in people houses to disable traps, find a secret room and steal their treasure is always fun and is often executed in really clever ways. Also utilizing the rope arrows is always extremely satisfying!
Rayman is the best man

todpole
Moustique
Tings: 980

Post by todpole »

Keane wrote:
The Yoshi's Island DS was pretty decent, I never really got why people disliked that one too, I thought it, unlike this one, brought in a lot of fresh ideas to the concept and really felt like a more legitimate new title for the series.
I liked it too. But I wished that baby Bowser helped in the final boss instead of fighing us for paranoid reasons. It would've made the finale more epic by 10%.
Who will win a Fight:Image vsImage

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:
I'm not sure why this game is called "New" Island
From what I heard, it's literally set on a different island, storywise. That's why it's called "Yoshi's New Island" and not "New Yoshi's Island".

I still need to completely playthrough it's predecessors. Really want to see more of Yarn Yoshi too.
It's a new island, but all this island is is a blander version of the original one. And the story is almost the same, too. :/ Alright I'll stop bashing it now, I did have some fun with it. :P

Yarn Yoshi I'm really looking forward to. Epic Yarn is easily among my favourite Kirby or even Wii title.

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Post by Imco »

Just finished Sout Park: The Stick of Truth.
The game is amazing, it really feels like South Park.
The ending does feel a bit rushed though :/
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Not much, I've been trying to get all the Teensies in Fiesta Run, as I want to start fixing up its article on the RayWiki.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

I started Ryse today. It's incredibly to-the-point and action-packed, and a lot of fun at that. It's very much like an arcade game, but all of that together makes it a perfect launch title for the One. A common criticism, one which I agree with, is that the combat is kind of repetitive. Though it never gets boring, because the enemy type variety is so large, and I could swear there are at least a hundred different interactive execution moves, which is helped greatly by the fact that you can use these moves on multiple people at once. It feels so awesome, even when using an execution on two or three people at once, Marius still swings between them with the most epic of cinematic camera angles, smoothly performing spectacular attacks and blocks to the point where it looks like a scene that might have taken ages to choreograph, but is in actuality simply the gameplay mechanics showing off their true spectacle. This is easily the best-'looking' video game I have ever seen. I legitimately though that the opening cutscene was a fully pre-rendered video.

Even with such a gameplay-focused game, the story is surprisingly effective, likely due to the fact that it's exactly what it needs to be and a little bit more, it's not overly-complicated or distracting in the slightest. I stopped after the second level today, and I find myself eager to start playing again to learn more of Marius' story.