Megaman Star Force
No votes

Total votes: 17

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16900

Re: Megaman Discussion

Post by Greeness »

The Jonster wrote:You’re not alone in that, I haven’t played Legends or the originals
To be perfectly clear, I played almost all of the side scrolling games, it's the spin off related stuff that I didn't touch yet.

Also, Capcom of Japan held up a live stream featuring the X collection, so we have some new footage of the menus and X challenge at 10:59.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Greeness »

Good to see that some efforts are being made to add newly composed themes to the collections, instead of them just reusing old tracks like what happened with the other Legacy titles.

Some highlights to me were "Gravity", "Give It a Shot" and the remix of the X1 boss theme.
Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

New Megaman 11 trailer dropped:
I'll be nabbing the Switch version because of that new amiibo:
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Greeness »

The game is shaping up pretty nicely, double gear system is going to add a new element of strategy that I believe was not seen in any earlier instalment and its cool to see the devs experimenting with some series staples like Rush jet/coil which are going to have a seperate button attached to them and the weapons will be selected now with the use of the right analogue stick instead of the shoulder buttons, my only real complaint is still the presentation in some departments, but I think we've already had a pretty lengthy discussion about that.
Rayfist wrote: I'll be nabbing the Switch version because of that new amiibo:
That new amiibo looks great, and I do prefer it to the Smash 4 one we got when the game released. The only annoying part is that it's going to be sold exclusively in the US, Canada and Japan... I heard that Japan thankfully sell it separately to the bundle so I'll probably get a Japanese import for myself if that ends up being true.
Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

Reportedly, Megaman X9 is not in development. I am now triggered.
Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Greeness »

Also heard about that, they probably want to test the waters first with Mega Man 11(which got a very promising demo not too long ago!), so the decision is understandable.

And speaking of X, was anybody able to get through X Challenge? I thought they made it way too hard and some boss combinations have attacks that are straight up impossible to avoid, so I just gave up on it.

Also, now that I've played the entirety of the X games, I'll just post my ranking of the games here if nobody minds:

1. X1 - This is still my most played game in the entire goddamn series, it advanced so much stuff from the classic games that its impact on Megaman still remains, all of the weapons are useful to work with X's new abilities, and the soundtrack is some of the best the series has to offer.

2. X2 - This game took a small step back in terms of music and the special weapons, I also think that some bosses kind of drag, but at the same time it improves a lot of other things from the original game, so it remains as my second favorite.

3. X4 - X made an incredibly smooth transition into the fifth generation, this game is one of the best looking Megaman games, while also being an overall very solid X game that finally allowed us to fully play as Zero, it has some things I don't fully enjoy like Jet Stingray's stage and the special weapons which are even worse here then in X2, but it still does a lot of things right to be considered one of my favorites.

4. X8 - I'm a little biased towards this one since it's actually one of the very first Mega Man games I've ever played, this game was a return to form for Megaman X after two rather poor titles, it's packed with content, and all of the characters have something unique to offer for certain situations, the main thing I remember not liking about X8 initially was the overreliance on gimmicks, and while I would have rathered all of the stages to be traditional run and gun levels, most of them I find nowadays inoffensive due to their easier difficulty.

5. X3 - I always thought that out of every X game, X3 had one of the weaker starts, enemies take too much time to destroy and kill the player in 2 or 3 hits most of the time, however it gets a lot better after nabbing most of the items, so I still have a level of fondness to this game.

6. X5 - The plot of this game and the fact that it was supposed to be the final X title are things that always intrigued me, however the design and overall production values took a significant dip in quality from X4, I still enjoy this game for what it tries to do right such as the story, and I would love to see it remade one day with a better presentation, however it's certainly not one of my favorites.

7. X6 - While I don't find this game as bad as people make it out to be, it is absolutely broken in terms of level design and difficult for all of the wrong reasons, the only good things this game has going are the rocking soundtrack and the graphics which are a step up from X5 even if they're still not above X4's standards.

8. X7 - One of my least favorite Mega Man games, it completely misses what made the series so special because it wanted to be 3d, the game is just a bore to play.
Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

Rudie Radio Waves
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 335

Post by Rudie Radio Waves »

Oh no.

cap com y u no giv me mega mix animu