Spyro the Dragon

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Who's your favourite character (Legend)

Spyro
47%
Sparx
13%
Cynder
16%
Hunter
11%
Ignitus
2%
Volteer
No votes
Cyril
No votes
Terrador
2%
The Chronicler
2%
Malefor (The Dark Master)
7%

Total votes: 45

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Spyro the Dragon

Post by Master »

Interesting, that's a pretty darn morbid appearance, if that's the case.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I also think that Skylanders tries too hard on puns and lame jokes.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
raymanfan25
Lums Rouge
Tings: 60

Post by raymanfan25 »

Yeahh the Spyro the Dragon series is the Best Like spyro 3 and 2. I liked Spyro 3 for the amazing sorceress battle with Ufo. :lol:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

This is a franchise I still must try out one day. Pity the original copies are so pricey.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

You definitely should try to get it at least once when you save money since first 3 are amazing games.
Cheapest I found is over 23-25 EUR.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

This looks very promising. He's really nailing the classic Spyro formula
Rayman is the best man
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Recently, there's come to new light that Spyro may also be getting a remake that was talked upon in another thread, so I'm going to bump this.
Thanks goes to Rayfist!
Rayfist wrote:https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/04/0 ... -art-leak/
I think this might be the real deal this time. These images are way too elaborate to be faked. I think we can expect an announcement very soon.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

So hyped!!
Rayman is the best man
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Thanks for bumping this thread, I couldn't really find it lol.

But yes! I was expecting we'd get an announcement for this today. I think Spyro's model is really damn good in some of those screenshots, but the ones where he's standing upright looks a little goofy. Animations based off that trailer look excellent. His walking animation looks a tad similar to Heroes Tale but a little less spastic. Also those environments are so gorgeous. I kind of like how instead of trying to stay 1:1 with the original, it seems more so like they're trying to do their own thing, and sort of capturing that sorta fairy-tale/dream-like environments the original was known for. It's hard to believe that we aren't just getting a remake of one game, but all three.

I'm hoping in regards to control, they take notes from where N Sane went wrong. Would be cool to hear if playable demos will be available at E3 so we could get some input from that.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

Agreed. it's a different dev team to the N-Sane trilogy, so i hope they're able to replicate the mechanics and hit boxes better. I hope Spyro 1 has the hover mechanic from 2 and 3 too.

Tomy Kenny, as well as many of the other original voice actors, are reprising their roles which is super sweet
Rayman is the best man
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I too am also looking forward to this, since I haven't been paying much attention to the series after the rebooted series (which was pretty good) and that whole Skylander business (still have no idea what that was about).
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Bump

I think it's worth bringing this thread back with the release of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. I haven't played it yet but I remember playing Spyro on PS1 as a kid. I'd like to hear others thoughts on the Trilogy and also find out if it's worth my while buying it :hap:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
TheLimblessLad
Otto Psi
Tings: 6040

Spyro the Dragon

Post by TheLimblessLad »

Rayman's pretty cool, but you know what else is cool? Dragons that breathe fire. And there just so happened to be a dope dragon flame breathin' platformer series that didn't have a thread yet: Spyro. This thread is dedicated to the dragon and his games.

Sort of similarly to Rayman, Spyro is unfortunately usually overshadowed by other franchises from the company, but mostly Crash Bandicoot. But who cares about that? Um, let me explain what Spyro is, his "Origin", and my experience with the series.

Spyro is a series of platformers, which feature the titular Spyro as the protagonist. The series debuted with Spyro the Dragon in 1998 for the PlayStation, with overly positive reviews and critical acclaim. Spyro would continue to get sequels for a few more years, but after the PSX era, most agreed they weren't amazing. After a few platformer sequels, Activision and Vivendi decided to completely reboot the series with a new series called "The Legend of Spyro". This reboot had a emphasis with combat, as unlike earlier Spyro entries, the reboot was much more combat focused. However, this reboot wouldn't last long, as Activision decided to REBOOT A REBOOT and scrap the Legend of Spyro series altogether in 2011. Instead, the next so called "reboot" was Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, which started the short lived toys to life genre. It also has almost nothing to do with him besides having his name in the title, and being a character you can play in the game. Safe to say, I will not talk about the other Spyrolanders... erm, Skylanders games.

Skylanders put a permanent burn mark on the dragons scales. Not counting his playable cameo's in Skylanders games, his series was dormant. Waiting to be revived by Activision while they spoil Crash.

In April 2018, Spyro Reignited Trilogy was announced. It's a complete remake from the ground up, to make the games look amazing. And they succeeded, this game looks phenomenal.

And that's where we are now. Spyro 4 is being heavily rumored, but no real confirmation by Activision. Hopefully, 2021, or next year, are his year's to WOW everyone with Spyro 4. :D

Enjoy this Spyro thread! I know I will! Just chill and talk about Spyro and the video game series! :)
Heya, I'm TheLimblessLad, and I started my Rayman journey in mid 2020 with Origins, and have loved the series ever since.
I also run a pretty decent Rayman Twitter account, @RaymanFacts, so that's cool.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

We already have a thread for Spyro the Dragon:

You can also find it in the index for the Off Topic section. I suggest to merge the threads.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Done!

So, a game 4 is being rumoured after many years eh? What a novel idea! :hap:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks for the overview of the series, TheLimblessLad! One is really tempted to draw a parallel between Skylanders for Spyro and the Rabbids for Rayman! Good to know however that the series is in good shape with the latest announcements. :)
TheLimblessLad
Otto Psi
Tings: 6040

Post by TheLimblessLad »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 am Thanks for the overview of the series, TheLimblessLad! One is really tempted to draw a parallel between Skylanders for Spyro and the Rabbids for Rayman! Good to know however that the series is in good shape with the latest announcements. :)
No problem! The more people who know about my childhood hero, the better!

And yeah, I didn't realize that! That's interesting....

So far, we haven't had any announcements. Recently he was added to the mobile game Crash On The Run! as a playable character, along with Gnasty Gnorc and Dark Spyro appearing as enemies, but that's about it. We have had a few leaks and rumors however, and recently released merch on "We Love This . store". We can hope.
Heya, I'm TheLimblessLad, and I started my Rayman journey in mid 2020 with Origins, and have loved the series ever since.
I also run a pretty decent Rayman Twitter account, @RaymanFacts, so that's cool.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Oh I never mentioned it, but I ended up buying and playing that Trilogy in 2019. I completed the first two games, but not the third yet. I got 100% in those both though, or whatever those ridiculous numbers were which go higher than 100 for no reason. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

When do you think Spyro 4 will come out?
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Crash267
Bracadabreur
Tings: 3961

Post by Crash267 »

After wumpa league and wumpa league is going to bee shown at the game awards
pick a Snow cone? :mefiant: :manger: :lol:
red snow cone? https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAE
Blue snow cone?https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/christma ... nouncement
Green snow conehttps://www.jibjab.com/view/make-previe ... 5e53dabe23
CHRISTMAS! has came hooray hooray have a good day :noel: :noelfou: :noelnoir: