Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Steo »

Yeah it's "Microsoft" Edge after all, Microsoft love lying to people and selling their data :mrgreen:

GLaDOS and Microsoft are a little similar in a way :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

*redacted*
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I was suffering from severe depression from yesterday to today. I want to shoot myself in the mouth with a revolver, seriously.. I don't understand how people could treat me unfairly like this.

During the time that my mother and I were getting ready to go to a nearby bank to give me a bank account even though I don't want one anymore she told me to open a gift that has money that is for me. I accidentally torn money when opening a gift since I thought it was gonna be in something while being in the gift wrap. I usually get money as a gift in envelopes and other things. My father and mother are here wondering how I ripped it and I tried to explain myself but they just interupted me on purpose and not let me say what I have to say. I don't understand how I am trying to be as honest as possible and they are gonna treat me like a child who is throwing a tantrum. I felt like anything I say will piss them off or they will think that I am coming up with an excuse. So all I did was put my hands up as a sign that I give up and I am finished with what is happening here. My father thinks that I am throwing an attitude even though there was nothing I could do. Because if I say something or do something, he will think the same thing. He even threatened to kick me out of the house even though I did nothing wrong. So I vowed from that time forth, I will NEVER say anything for the rest of the evening and just go sleep.

My mother will then give me a stupid statement saying "That's life, accept it!". They make me hate life even more. I would rather live a very short life than be treated like this in the future.
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

That's really unfair. I'm very sorry for you. :(

I have to get this off my chest. There are times when I'm annoying and I'm completely aware that others are sometimes annoying as well, but when I find something funny for example, others may laugh at it, but sometimes they get annoyed and I get confused because I didn't want that to happen. There are people who deliberately annoy/infuriate others, but I'm not like those people. I don't deliberately annoy people, I try my best to get along with people fine and not annoy them, but sometimes I can't help myself but joke because there's something I find funny and they just get annoyed. Can someone give me advice and tell me why they are doing this? :|
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Some people just have a different sense of humour than you, where they won't find the same things funny. Jonster for example has found a lot of things funny, some of which I don't even find remotely funny and would even find some of them strange to laugh at. I have even gotten annoyed at some of them in the past and I have let it show too.

The reason people would normally get annoyed is because laughing at certain things can offend them, or even just have them think "how is that funny, that's not a laughing matter".

I guess it all comes down to the same thing, at the end of the day, everyone is different.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Yeah, it's true that everyone is different, but my sense of humour is light and doesn't come from extreme things which are indeed not laughing matter.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

In that case I wouldn't mind those people. They're probably just trying to make a fool out of you, which just means that deep down they've got issues and they have to insult others to try feel better about themselves.

Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

Sometimes I dream about the day of running into my ex-friend, and fighting them to the point they can barely stand straight. Just to make them feel the pain I felt from years ago before I met them. Yet... I'd also regret that decision. They were my friend once. And like me, they've been through hell. Bullying, harassment, physical violence, verbal abuse, emotional neglect. And the worst that we both had experienced in our lives: Toxic manipulation.

What's strange is that we both mutually hate each other, but I miss them. I miss talking to them. I miss the good times we had. I miss our friendship.
It all ended with a false accusatory call-out post, and blocking them for something they didn't even do.
And because of that, I had to make a confession, something that I kept hidden from all of my watchers for 8.5 years. (I hinted at it back in 2016)
I tried to contact them again multiple times in hopes that we could talk things over, but the damage was too great apparently.
They want nothing to do with me, even though I insist to set things right and come to an agreement.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

YouTube changes the copyright protection system.
YouTube has often turned out to be a minefield when it comes to copyright. This was extremely burdensome for people who treat the Google platform as the main source of income. Incidents related to the abuse of the system of protection of rights regularly happened even to the most famous YouTubers. For example, Angry Joe had cases when his own interviews with game developers were "appropriated" by the publishers of these games. The most ludicrous case was to download a fragment of the game from the old Double Dribble game on NES. This material was used in the Family Guy series 7 years after the original user uploaded to YouTube by sw1tched. After broadcasting this episode on television, FOX used a copyright protection system and blocked material that he used without the consent of the other person. Whoever forbids a rich man, is not he? Either way, YouTube has just made changes to the content blocking system associated with copyright infringement.
According to YouTube statistics, 98% of users never violate the terms of use of the platform, and the remaining 2% of people in 94% of cases do not break the rules again.
One thing remained unchanged - after receiving three warnings, the account is suspended. Google, however, wants to standardize the system of minor penalties with earlier strikes. Previously, at the first of them, there was a 90-day ban on live broadcasts. After the latest changes, the user's account will be frozen for a week. As a consequence, not only livestreaming will be impossible but any uploading of video materials. If the YouTube system detects another copyright infringement, the next one will be valid for two weeks. After 90 days, the infractions are removed. However, if someone calls for the third time - as before - his account will be deleted. Of course, content marked as infringing on copyright will still be removed from the platform.
YouTube has chosen to refresh the copyright policy in response to confused users who, for example, have been affected by the ban on live broadcasts, while copyright infringed other types of content. However, this is not the end of the news - before the strike is awarded, we will receive a minor warning (although the content will also be removed with it). In addition, YouTube is to provide the exact reason for the infraction, and the creators will be referred to the YouTube Guides that discuss this particular case of copyright infringement. Google is also expected to enrich resources related to this topic and offer more information. The changes will apply from February 25.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I actually remember hearing that Family Guy used that NES footage without permission before yeah. Linus from LinusTechTips was actually only talking about copyright claims the other day. Apparently some peoples videos were being automatically flagged with copyright claims and people were basically saying he's an asshole because of it. He decided to live stream about it and explain to everyone exactly how it works, that they can dispute the claim if they know that it isn't actually breaching any sort of copyright. He also said he'd prefer if the people would have contacted him directly about it first to ask him, rather than raising their pitchforks over something automated that he literally had nothing to do with.

Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

So I just seen this and I have to say this really annoyed me. Fifo wanted people in a Discord server to help him find a copy of Final Fantasy IX and I actually had no problem personally with helping him, even though he should be able to search for it himself as others have said. I was there when this happened and I thought nothing of it, however, he decided to take to Twitter and complain about it too, which I think is just plain wrong and completely childish. I have tried to be nice about the strange behaviour so many times, but seeing things like this is where I draw the line.
Capture12.PNG
D0_ofZEWsAASGN7.png
[redacted] = Dammit Imco

R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I am glad that I am not there to actually see that.

I Personally Don't like childishly squeals and I admit I have done that before but I am actually trying to avoid doing that and and avoiding people doing that as well. I do not like being upset especially When there is work for me to do and I want to maintain a good attitude doing busy stuff which is not easy considering how troublesome life is Sometimes.

To be honest, that is NOT unfair treatment from what I am seeing there.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

...Seriously, Fifo? :roll:

You have zero issues finding other things, such as your prized Final Fantasy VIII collectibles, yet you can't search for a game on your own? Then when no one has the time you throw a fit about it? Come on man, grow up.

You keep crying how it's so unfair that other people won't help you because you won't help yourself, then try to publicly shame them calling them selfish when you've shown to be one of the most inconsiderate and selfish people I've ever met. This is honestly no different than how you treated Steo when it came to the strategy guides you tried to run. (When you removed his name from the credits when he didn't have time to help make your guide for you.)

This is exactly why many folks probably don't wish to help you, because of your attitude. I guarantee you, that if you had posted a link to a listing and asked if that was a good deal, or posted a price of one you found, then I'm sure the responses would have been more favorable.

You want respect and fair treatment, but you also have to give the same treatment back! :|

This also is twice now since you've tried befriending me on Discord, plus the random hints you've dropped around RaymanPC and via PM. I'm sorry but I simply don't wish to have you as a friend on there because of things like this. I've already tried it once on Skype a while back and your behavior was a huge deal breaker. I've had to cut off Moonlightelf before because of her ridiculous attitude before and I don't plan to go through this again.

I wouldn't mind talking to you if you would actually have been really respectful and not simply one-sided, but much like Steo this really annoys me with how you've been treating others. Then on top of that trying to shame anyone who calls you out on the things you've caused. :tssk:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:42 pm I am glad that I am not there to actually see that.

I Personally Don't like childishly squeals and I admit I have done that before but I am actually trying to avoid doing that and and avoiding people doing that as well. I do not like being upset especially When there is work for me to do and I want to maintain a good attitude doing busy stuff which is not easy considering how troublesome life is Sometimes.
I can understand where you're coming from on this, I mean the best thing we can all do is simply respect each other. If someone doesn't have time to do something you're perfectly capable of, then don't get angry about it. Plus as my example above, if he showed he put effort in trying to find it and wanted input if something he found was a good deal then I'm sure there'd be more willingness in aid.

Though considering how may folks may already be tired of his attitude, it's only natural to see the current responses he got, but I'm sure things would still have been better if they seen some effort as explained.

No one's out to bash Fifo just for no reason, I still hope for the day Fifo to improve himself.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

It hurts me to see this though, as a good friend. When I need help with something, Steo comes to help me with no problems. He is a friend that I can't even frown at. But usually when there is something to be dealt with, I try to get it done myself But if it is something that may be impossible like the whole special rank thing that I ran into lately where something is not made up correctly and the image origin, then I ask for help.

Steo did try his best but might have been unable to do it.

So what did I do?.....

Ask for the same rank that I used last time again as an alternative. No Big deal, right? :hap:

But at I said before, that is not the meaning of being unfairly treated. Mostly because I have been through things truly like that and I KNOW it. That there on the Screenshots is something different.

I am wishing for Fifo to improve his behaviour But until then I Don't think I want Anything to do with him now, I am afraid. I Don't like arguing because it actually depresses me rather making me feel sad. :sad:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Everything mentioned above is perfectly true, and I have no interest in having a person who acts like that as a friend on Discord, and I have actually removed Fifo over this childish carry on. Hoodcom and I talk about tech, games and other interests on Discord, and you never see either of us complaining about silly things or even just the slightest of hindrances like little kids on social media. Just because something doesn't go your way doesn't mean you have to throw a fit, things hardly ever go my way either, but I hardly ever complain publicly unless it's actually something major, and even then I usually just make a joke about it to take the edge off (make the most of a bad situation).

As Hoodcom has said, I'm not just lashing out at Fifo for no reason, I usually try my best to be nice to him, but he's making it so hard by being so rude to others while expecting them to be nice as pie to him in return.

I really do hope to see a new Fifo one day, one who will drop the childish attitude and grow up. Only then will I ever consider having him as a friend on any form of social media or instant messaging service.

EDIT: As for people like R4Y, sure, I have absolutely zero issues helping him or anyone else with anything, as he doesn't have that childish attitude (despite being younger) and either does anyone else I've dealt with.

Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Steo, Hoodcom, I’m very, VERY sorry for that. I just wasn’t in a very good mood at that time.

Please forgive me for my behavior. I can be outta control at times.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Steo wrote:As for people like R4Y, sure, I have absolutely zero issues helping him or anyone else with anything, as he doesn't have that childish attitude (despite being younger) and either does anyone else I've dealt with.
That horrible Windows 10 Touch screen madness is actually out of the way Thanks to you. I wouldn't have even Figured it out on my own. And there were more situations evolving around the family computer that I wanted to resolute and they were successfully resolved, a lot of them anyway. All I can say is be Nice and you can get the response that you want. It works with most people.

Even though there are certain things that are sometimes unexplained, you can still figure something out. It is better than complaining about it. :)
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

I’ve sent you guys a private message. PLEASE READ IT. It’s a private apology letter.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Fifo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:34 pm I’ve sent you guys a private message. PLEASE READ IT. It’s a private apology letter.
An apology isn't a get out of jail free card, Fifo.

If you want people to believe you you probably shouldn't continue doing the behavior you said you were sorry for behind their backs. Because now it looks like you just apologized to get people off your back, so nobody's gonna believe you.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Hoodcom wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:08 pm An apology isn't a get out of jail free card, Fifo.
I know. It’s better than acting innocent/ignoring it though.
Hoodcom wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:08 pm If you want people to believe you you probably shouldn't continue doing the behavior you said you were sorry for behind their backs. Because now it looks like you just apologized to get people off your back, so nobody's gonna believe you.
I DIDN’T apologize JUST to get it off my back. Why do you think that is the case? I DO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.