Cartoon Shows

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rayman fan2000
Barbara
Tings: 10530

Re: Cartoon Shows

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

Invader Zim!
Invader vader vader lord vader darth vader zim!
abhinav
Reflux
Tings: 8067

Nick's new TMNT show

Post by abhinav »

What do you think about Nick's upcoming TMNT show?

I loved the 1987 classic Turtles cartoon as I grew up with them. I enjoyed the 2003 show as well, for it's dark nature and staying faithful to the original comics.
I liked the Turtles movies too, especially the first one. The second one was kinda stupid but fun, and the third one was ok. The CGI movie was good. Oh, and I loved Turtles Forever!

So I was on youtube looking for more info for the new show, and here's what I feel:

First, I would like to give the show a chance and check it out, as I heard that they are bringing some characters from the classic turtles show back. I don't like the character design(at least what I've seen so far) and the fact that it will be CG. There's nothing wrong with CGI or anything, I mean, CGI can be cool and all, but I prefer animated shows staying 2D.

What do you think? I'm interested to know.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Nick's new TMNT show

Post by Master »

Could you post a link of Nick's TMNT? I've been curious over what it would be like ever since the 2003 series ended, which is my fav.
abhinav
Reflux

Re: Nick's new TMNT show

Post by abhinav »

I don't think they've disclosed much info about the tmnt show on their website yet (I might be wrong).

You can catch a glimpse of the Turtles in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xannocVJKo
TMNT Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3PRKw82jw
Here: More tmnt pics
Attachments
tmntnick.jpg
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Moved the correspondent posts to the Cartoon Shows topic. ;)
abhinav
Reflux

Post by abhinav »

Haruka wrote:Moved the correspondent posts to the Cartoon Shows topic. ;)
Oh, sorry ^^'

Does anybody remember the He-man shows? I used to watch the Filmation He-man show when I was a kid. I enjoyed the remake too. It was awesome. It was annoying that they cancelled it (the remake). Just because Mattel preferred Barbie and her ahem, 'magical adventures in who gives a er'....sorry.

What about the new Looney Tunes show? I think it's good and funny, though the classics will always be more memorable. WB definitely did a better job with the Looney Tunes remake than the Tom and Jerry ones imo.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

If you liked that, you'll love the parody with its more-than-obvious references.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/397063

It's also got funny references to whatever cartoon and children's action series in existance.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
abhinav
Reflux

Post by abhinav »

Shrooblord wrote:If you liked that, you'll love the parody with its more-than-obvious references.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/397063

It's also got funny references to whatever cartoon and children's action series in existance.
Ooh, thanks! I really enjoyed it! Hilarious!
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

It's good huh? I love the parodies it makes on nearly all aspects of any cartoon I've ever seen. Especially the 'Stun Ray' is good. xP
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
abhinav
Reflux

Post by abhinav »

Shrooblord wrote:It's good huh? I love the parodies it makes on nearly all aspects of any cartoon I've ever seen. Especially the 'Stun Ray' is good. xP
Yeah XD, I also liked the voice acting and the Filmation-styled animation . XD
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Code lyoko
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote:Code lyoko
I dont like much Code Lyoko
Lianna
Tily
Tings: 38855

Post by Lianna »

I like Code Lyoko so much. I was watched the episode when i was 12... in Summer 2011, watched another episode...
abhinav
Reflux

Post by abhinav »

I think I watched a bit of Code Lyoko on TV (very little), where some kids go to a cyber world or something (reminds me of Questworld from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest).
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

I found this show intro on youtube

Some one might know it
MetalGearChick
Photographe
Tings: 435

Post by MetalGearChick »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote:Code lyoko
Stop spamming.

Anyway, I remember Code Lyoko. It was...okay...
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I didn't find Code Lyoko anything special. I didn't even saw the character who David Gasman was voicing.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

the person that david gasman voices is called Williom
and There are to voices for williom (Whoever voices X.A.N.A ) and David Gasman
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

abhinav wrote:Questworld from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Now that was some epic win.
ParadoxJuice
Tily
Tings: 35370

Post by ParadoxJuice »

It's amazing that this thread has gone on for so long without the mention of a certain television show: a cartoon, intended primarily for children, though gaining a fan base outside of this audience. I'm sure we all know what I'm talking about: it's based off of a line of toys made by Hasbro, intended for little girls. It got a cartoon based off of it, one that was 20% cooler than any of the cartoons based off of it in the past (if you catch my meme-ridden drift), which has somehow managed to gain respect from older, male fans. Now, some of you may already hate the show without having seen it, though I assure you that it's quite decent.

It's about a quaint collection of sapient four legged beings who prance about each episode, learning about why Friendship is Magic. The characters fall into the usual archetypes: the fun loving one, constantly bouncing about and laughing, the rough, down to earth one, honest one, etcetera, though there is quite a bit of depth beneath the surface of these characters. Generally speaking, each episode ends with them creating or strengthening one of the bonds of friendship between the characters, perhaps learning a moral or two along the way.

The show airs on a channel called 'The Hub', which is exclusive to America, though you can find most of the episodes up online in one place or another. It was animated by Studio B, who did a surprisingly good job with it, all things considered, giving the characters large, expressive eyes and a wide variety of colours. Don't be turned off by those bright colours, though, I can assure that the the fun WILL be doubled, leaving you feeling 20% cooler in ten seconds flat. The show I am referring to is, of course, Pound Puppies. What is your opinion on it, RPC?
If anything I say sounds offensive, mean or rude in any way, it is not, no matter how sure you are. If we appear to be in a heated argument, I am perceiving it as a calm debate. WAGAZAKI!!!!