Cartoon Shows

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Re: Cartoon Shows

Post by Imco »

Hoozang wrote:I have to agree with Brad on the Mayor episode. The animation on Gideon where he "spells" the Possesion thingy on Bud looked "fan-made" with the tedius fluid animation. Fluid animation on GF doesn't work at all since the animation is sticked to the show so much, what I'm trying to say is that "60 FPS" on GF doesn't look that of a "good".
Someone must have read an article somewhere which thrusted an opinion upon them...

Anyway, the last Mabelcorn was amazing! I loved the overdramatic Unicorn and the insight into Bill's and Ford's early lives.
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Hoozang wrote:I have to agree with Brad on the Mayor episode. The animation on Gideon where he "spells" the Possesion thingy on Bud looked "fan-made" with the tedius fluid animation. Fluid animation on GF doesn't work at all since the animation is sticked to the show so much, what I'm trying to say is that "60 FPS" on GF doesn't look that of a "good".
Uh, what? I don't recall that at all. But then again, I haven't seen this episode since it premiered.

Itooh
Tarayzan
Location: Perdu, quelque part dans le Grand Raccourci... >< Help !
Tings: 41812

Post by Itooh »

Didn't notice either. While the Mayor episode wasn't exceptional, it was still good in my opinion. I mostly enjoyed seeing again Stan as an amoral jerk. This character is excellent!
And last one was awesome, I agree. And it has so many written jokes I have yet to see! ><
Your eyes are not ready for this, and your brain not prepared for that.
You should probably instead play some of these, or watch some of those.
*drops the mic* (just kidding, mics are expensive)

MLII
Tarayzan
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

so how did everyone find the new steven universe?

i didn't like it as much? it was ok and the things were an unexpected and pleasant surprise but......idk i just wasn't that entertained. on the other hand connie episodes always bore me because i just find her woefully uninteresting

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Eh, haven't seen it yet, but I'm not too fussed about not getting a plot heavy one straight away. The week of Sardonyx was pretty hard hitting when it came to that.

MLII
Tarayzan

Post by MLII »

yeah no i totally agree

filler was welcomed....connie was, imo, not.

but i'm glad she was happy at the end anyway tbh.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

How long is Gravity Falls right now? When I finish Rick & Morty I wanna release my inner weaboo and watch a long anime (no its not naruto you edgy memers) but if GF is only like 20-25 episodes I'll probably go through it before entering my japanesian cartoons.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

There's 35 episodes as of right now.

GNineify
Space Mama
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

You're in for one hell of a ride once you get to the second season of Gravity Falls, so I'd really recommend it.

Also the newest SU was some scary shit. I find it fascinating how the humans never seem to be outright shitting their pants, even if some hellish forced gem fusion was chasing them. Gem shenanigans have been happening on Earth for thousands of years, so I'm assuming they've gotten used to this stuff.
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!

MLII
Tarayzan

Post by MLII »

true i mean they've probably been living with it for a while

that or dr maheswaran is as dumb as a box of bricks "hmmmmm why can i not get a pulse from this gem monster with fifteen arms and no head....hm......must be the stethoscope"

Itooh
Tarayzan
Location: Perdu, quelque part dans le Grand Raccourci... >< Help !
Tings: 41812

Post by Itooh »

I've finished season 1 of Venture Bros and started season 2. I'm really glad I've discovered it! :D

It's an adult SF comedy show, making it close to Futurama. The humor is both dark and absurd, without being too dumb (except for a few occurrences, especially when it comes to Brock's sex life). But despite not being serious, it has an incredible universe full of super-villains and crazy scientists (both not really competent), and rich background-stories for each characters. And while the main ones are really interesting, I also like the secondaries that shows up regularly. :)

An interesting point is that it could have been a show about a family who lives crazy adventures, but instead it focus more of what happen to them when they are not having these adventures. Or when the adventures were something of the past anyway. It both makes it a great parody of science-fiction show, and creates an almost sad atmosphere of a broken universe based on stories that don't make sense anymore.
Your eyes are not ready for this, and your brain not prepared for that.
You should probably instead play some of these, or watch some of those.
*drops the mic* (just kidding, mics are expensive)

incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Futurama will never get replaced.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

incognito wrote:Futurama will never get replaced.
Rick and Morty easily replaces the sci-fi/comedy show that Futurama used to fill.

incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

Bradandez wrote:
incognito wrote:Futurama will never get replaced.
Rick and Morty easily replaces the sci-fi/comedy show that Futurama used to fill.
Noted, I will try it if I found it.

Acarr
Électoon

Post by Acarr »

I only found out about Rick and Morty through The Simpson's intro. I'm pretty behind with new cartoons.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Well, this Monday I will start giving a shot to Steven Universe, since many people have been recommended me to give a chance to it. Maybe I'll be talking about it later in this same thread.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

I personally dislike Steven Universe but I guess it is one of those mixed shows some like some don't.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Apparently I'm not hip enough to understand the appeal of the show, lol.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Personally I found Steven Universe absolutely 100% boring. I watched 8 episodes of it and it did not entertain me at all. I wasn't invested in its plots, I don't like the art style, and the jokes aren't even funny. This is Adventure Time 2.0. Recent cartoons have made me a fan of them from the first episode; said cartoons are Regular Show, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Rick & Morty, Over the Garden Wall, and Star VS the Forces of Evil. If a cartoon can't get me invested by its first episode, it has already flopped.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

I absolutely agree fully with everything you said about Steven Universe Brad. In fact, of all posts you ever made, this is the one I agree with most.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image