Post by Lochy »

The pac- I mean the Crash is back!

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Re: Crash Bandicoot

Post by Master »

Bzzit wrote:http://n4g.com/news/1919709/crash-bandi ... us-visions

So the remaster are being developed by Vicarious Visions, the guys who developed Crash Nitro Kart, the Crash GBA games and of course...Skylanders.
That's interesting, to be honest, I'm not sure what to make of that. Hopefully they'll have some footage of the game to draw some conclusions on.
Hoodcom wrote:
Master wrote:Part of me is a bit sceptical and just expects HD textures to be slapped on and be done with it. Though in honesty, given Crash's distinctive styling, I wouldn't be too fussed. If they do go round the complete redoing, I do hope they don't lose the aesthetic of the series in the process.
What makes you most skeptical about it? Something they've done in the past that disappointed you?
Nah, it's just that when you hear stuff like "Remaster," it always seems to turn to be simple HD ports. I remember back when they started out with stuff like God of War HD, ever since then, this whole thing seems to have exploded. There have been good 'uns, don't get me wrong, but there have also been some rubbish 'uns.

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1985

Post by Lochy »

To me Rachet and Clank for the PS4 is a good example of a good remaster. Some things are different and incorporate things from the other games but overall it is close to the original, but still feels fresh.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Why are people even saying R&C for PS4 is a remaster? Its a reboot of franchise. Remaster, remake and reboot are not same. Crash Bandicoot will be "remastered from ground-up" which is confusing terminology. It might mean that it will be exactly same like original games without anything new but that they will create new models for everything since its PS1 game and they can't just enhance old stuff like doing with PS2 HD Classics.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 493940

Post by Hoodcom »

OCG wrote:Why are people even saying R&C for PS4 is a remaster? Its a reboot of franchise.
Quite so. I recall they reimagined the original game. So it's pretty different. :)

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Hoodcom wrote:
OCG wrote:Why are people even saying R&C for PS4 is a remaster? Its a reboot of franchise.
Quite so. I recall they reimagined the original game. So it's pretty different. :)
Aye. And its also one of the games I must get as soon as I get PS4. Aside from Crash, its a perfect game to own :D

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

So we have remasters, remakes, and reboots. When will we be getting a remix of a game?

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Isn't that a Street Fighter game?

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Yeah, I believe that only SF used term 'remix' to describe

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge

Post by Hoodcom »

Bradandez wrote:So we have remasters, remakes, and reboots. When will we be getting a remix of a game?
Why not, we may as well have remixes. :P

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Guys, check out my new video where I talk about the plan that me and another admin of Facebook page we manage thoguht of:
Post suggestions in YT comments what you want to see in PS4 remakes and we will then collect suggestions from others and make open latter to Vicarious Visions asking if it can be added. I think that even though probably not all ideas will be implemented (maybe none?) its nice that company knows what fans want to see.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

That Crash in your thumbnail looks weird.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Yeah, wtf is with that awful thumbnail?
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

If there are any volunteers to make better thumbnail, feel free to do it :D

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman

Post by Hoodcom »

Hmm, online I keep seeing remastering of the game, not remaking.

Which is it then?

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Hoodcom wrote:Hmm, online I keep seeing remastering of the game, not remaking.

Which is it then?
Well during E3, they said that they will do "ground-up remasters" which is indeed a very confusing terminology. I think it will be remake in a sense because its confirmed it will be made from ground-up. But it could mean they do not plan to do any changes and just rebuild models and textures from scrap and still leave the rest of things same. Given the background that was displayed during announcement, I assume thats how it will look visually. Its impossible to remaster PS1 title same way like PS2 titles are remastered considering its much lower resolution and you cannot achieve nice HD look like PS2 HD Classics did. But I hope fan feedback encourages them to add new features too :)

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

OCG wrote:If there are any volunteers to make better thumbnail, feel free to do it :D
Just change the background to something more relevant to Crash at E3 rather than a shitty looking fangame. Keep the "suggest ideas" text.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

OCG wrote:If there are any volunteers to make better thumbnail, feel free to do it :D
I fucking do it. You watch me.

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

The only update the old Crash games need is an upgrade to current-gen graphics. Everything else could remain the same and it would be perfectly wonderful.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Bradandez wrote:
I fucking do it. You watch me.
Alrighty. Looking forward to see it :mryellow:

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image