Crash Bandicoot

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Re: Crash Bandicoot

Post by OCG »

This is so emotional :cry:
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

BUMP!

Sierra, who published Crash games since 2005 is back:
http://www.sierra.com/
They will be at Gamescom and perhaps they will saurprise us?

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

Well if they do, lets hope they take some inspiration from Naughty Dog.
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

The concepts for these cancelled games always look so good man...
Rayman is the best man
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I wouldn't get your hopes up, looking at the website, it appears that they're still owned by Activision for one thing. And while it's true that they were responsible for Crash publishing, they've got a history that stems far further than that.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

OhmyGosh! Those cancelled concepts look fantastic! Such a shame they'll never be used.

Or will they?
rolesfamily
Uglette

Post by rolesfamily »

Ugh not a remake of Crash 1! They need to remake Crash Bash but with N Gin in it rather then Brio!
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

A remake/re-imagining of Crash 1 with all the improvements seen in Crash 2 + 3 would have been fantastic!
Rayman is the best man
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Bzzit wrote:A remake/re-imagining of Crash 1 with all the improvements seen in Crash 2 + 3 would have been fantastic!
I fully agree.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Getting really sick of all the false assumptions on Crash returning being spammed on my facebook. We still have no solid evidence yet these people insist "HE'S RETURNING, LOOK HERE'S AN ARTICLE"

I would love to see a new Crash but stop placing your hopes up so high because you'll likely end up being disappointed if you expect to see it next E3.
rolesfamily wrote:They need to remake Crash Bash
Please, no. I really don't like that game, and I feel like I'm the only one. The minigames were uninteresting, boring, and rather then actually giving us new minigames they give us the same ones with different objectives.

Man the Crash fanbase is confusing... calling Wrath Of Cortex a bad game, yet calling the Titan games original and innovative... wow. (And I'm not referring to you at all Roles)
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

WoC was awesome and I never understood hate.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

The only bad aspect of WoC was the shit submarine levels, but those were only TWO levels in the game out of 30. Come on, you can suck it up and go through two shitty levels. The car racing level was kind of shit too. A lot of the models did look crap, but those are the only complaints I can find.

I remember seeing Crash fans complain it felt "Too much the same" to the old Crash games, and this bullshit argument really pisses me off, how is it too much the same? I mean yes you still have the objective of the original Crash games but it was given a next gen upgrade that felt very proper, now all of a sudden people hate it. I had an argument with a Crash fan and he complained that we didn't need the same objective another time. The thing is, you can still have the same objective in a game while being different. Wrath of Cortex I had fun with, and I think some of the environments in the game look fucking incredible, I love the safari level with the buggy you have to drive in, while being chased. There was so much action in Wrath Of Cortex, which I loved a lot about it. It certainly isn't as good as the original three but it's good in its own right. Sure the environments were a tad lacking and a bit dull, but all the action and franticness somewhat made up for it. I think for a first platforming entry in the Crash series to not be made by Naughty Dog they did a fine job.

Seriously go watch Stimpylands fucking mess of a review, it's awful. And I hate the Titan series, it's just a really bland beat em up with Crash thrown on with no originality, unfunny jokes at every turn, etc.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Wrath of Cortex was a fine game, but it lacked the perfectly precise control of earlier games. Crash feels more slippery and floaty in the game, from what I remember.

It also had less exciting power-ups than Crash 3. The "tip-toe" one in particular was obnoxious, it wasn't a fun power-up, it was merely a pace-breaker. And the only challenge in walking across Nitro boxes was hoping my finger didn't slip off the button.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Indeed it did feel like a downgrade from Crash 3 in every possible way. I could list quite a bit of complaints with WoC but its by no means an awful game like the Crash fanbase makes it out to be. The game is at least a 6.5/10 in my opinion, the game had some very memorable levels.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
rolesfamily
Uglette

Post by rolesfamily »

Rayfist: I actually quite enjoyed Crash Bash! The only things I had a problem with were the fact that they had Brio instead of N.Gin. Also Rilla Roo. Seriously, what the fuck??? - I think WOC is a really bad Crash game, I actually sold my copy because it was so shitty!! The only decent Crash PS2 game in my mind is Twinsanity.

It's a shame actually, the Crash fanbase has totally gone. Unlike the Rayman one.
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

WOC is good game, what did find so bad about it Roles? My one major complaint is that the character models and animations are lacking compared to the previous games; it makes the game feel a bit soulless, especially without the variety in Crash's deaths.
Also, I agree with Rayfist about Crash Bash. I just don't really find it that fun anymore, though I did used to find it a lot of fun as a kid, especially multiplayer.
Rayman is the best man
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

lol Roles, good job explaining why you hated WoC.

Crash Bash is shit, I would've been okay with it if they didn't constantly throw the same minigames at you only in harder variations, it was repetetive, and boring. And not to mention you had to play each minigame 3 (Maybe 4 I think) times, so you had to suffer through these minigames if you wanted to go for the 100%.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Crash Bash is a fine game to me too, but it won't appeal to everybody. While Mario Party focuses on dumb luck and trying to screw your friends over with SOME strategy (and therefore has wider appeal, because who doesn't love screwing over their friends by doing next to absolutely nothing?), Crash Bash is a kind of party game that encourages each player to actually be good at the mini-games and having no real bullshit in between (not saying that Mario Party's in between bullshit is bad though). Though I do like how the Adventure Mode can support two players, as that way, more players are learning how to play and getting to practice, and feel like they are progressing in the game together.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
rolesfamily
Uglette

Post by rolesfamily »

Hahah wow look at the defense of WOC :o Too bad none of you guys were actually part of the PROPER fandom, back in the day ;) The Crash Bandicoot fansite forum,which I was a Mod on actually and later an admin!

OOOOOOOOOOO SIK BURN!!! I'd offer you a burn heal but this isn't the Pokemon thread.

WOC sucks because: The graphics are pretty dodgy IMO. Doesn't look very Crash like, a poor way of bringing it to the PS2. Crunch sucks. It all feels fabricated. I don't like the game. Crash 2, 3, CTR, Bash & Twinsanity 4lyf.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

May I know the web address of that site?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image