Crash Bandicoot

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Re: Crash Bandicoot

Post by rolesfamily »

The forums dead and most of the posts are gone, but if you really want the link I will post it :)
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Please do so
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:It also had less exciting power-ups than Crash 3.
I found those power-ups to be kinda underwhelming, outside of the rush thingy for the timers. It's like an improved version of what you had in CB2, but it requires less experience with the character.
sonicbrawler182 wrote:Crash feels more slippery and floaty in the game, from what I remember.
I felt that in all the 'new' Crash games (I've played WOC and CTTR so far) : the way Crash moves around is less sharper for me. I had the impression I was moving aroudn like a dumb freak rather than a cool, brawly freak :/.
Rayfist wrote:Please, no. I really don't like that game, and I feel like I'm the only one. The minigames were uninteresting, boring, and rather then actually giving us new minigames they give us the same ones with different objectives.
This is the main difference between CB and CTR: both are amazing while played with a bunch of friends, as it is very balanced and although good players usually win, there is not as much annoying randomness as there is in Mario Kart or Mario Party (which is why I don't like these series). But the solo mode in CB is underwhelming when compared to the one of CTR, because yes it is ANNOYING to play some levels over and over again. They only changed the purpose of each level in a series of 4 for the very last one.

I didn't like the concept of Titans, even if I haven't played it yet. Going around and taking the control of Titans to beat the others doesn't make me feel it's Crash. He would brawl with them rather than using a wannabe-tank to do the job at his place.
rolesfamily wrote: Also Rilla Roo. Seriously, what the fuck???
What, you didn't like his awesome look?
Rayfist wrote:if you wanted to go for the 100%.
Fuck this, I will go for the 200%. :P
Last edited by saerleiya on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Rilla Roo? Do you mean Ripper Roo?

Anyways, I've never wholly played WoC, so I couldn't comment on it meself, I'll admit though that I'm one of the one's who enjoys Twinsanity.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Master wrote:Rilla Roo? Do you mean Ripper Roo?
Corrected. Seems my mind twisted right here, confusing for a moment Ripper Roo with Rilla Roo.
Adsolution wrote:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Hey, Crash Twinsanity turns 10 this year!
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

rolesfamily wrote:Hahah wow look at the defense of WOC :o Too bad none of you guys were actually part of the PROPER fandom, back in the day ;) The Crash Bandicoot fansite forum,which I was a Mod on actually and later an admin!

WOC sucks because: The graphics are pretty dodgy IMO. Doesn't look very Crash like, a poor way of bringing it to the PS2. Crunch sucks. It all feels fabricated. I don't like the game. Crash 2, 3, CTR, Bash & Twinsanity 4lyf.
If majority of the Crash fanbase now calls Titans good games and WoC shit, then I'm pretty fucking glad to consider myself not a part of the fandom. "Doesn't look very Crash like" - The same constant complaint I hear for this game, it plays exactly like Crash, and while the models are pretty shit, for a PS2/GC the environments look VERY nice, especially since it was a pretty early PS2 game. Yeah they're dark and not really colorful, but they still look nice. Your reasons are the same reasons why everyone hated WoC. I'll say it again, yes everything did feel like a downgrade from its predecessors but its by no means as bad as you guys make it out to be. It's the first platforming Crash to not be made by Naughty Dog and Travelers Tales did a fine job.
rolesfamily wrote:OOOOOOOOOOO SIK BURN!!! I'd offer you a burn heal but this isn't the Pokemon thread.
Saerilya wrote:This is the main difference between CB and CTR: both are amazing while played with a bunch of friends, as it is very balanced and although good players usually win, there is not as much annoying randomness as there is in Mario Kart or Mario Party (which is why I don't like these series). But the solo mode in CB is underwhelming when compared to the one of CTR, because yes it is ANNOYING to play some levels over and over again. They only changed the purpose of each level in a series of 4 for the very last one.
The major difference being I fucking loved CTR. Me and my friend Chris did play a few minigames on Bash and we had an OKAY experience was certainly better than solo, but after the first world we already wanted to quit seeing as how the next world features rehashed versions of the minigames we didn't like. Crash Bash in my opinion lacked variety, the only minigames I got enjoyment out of were the crate throwing ones really. CTR was such an awesome spinoff I vastly preffered it over Mario Kart.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Rayfist wrote: CTR was such an awesome spinoff I vastly preffered it over Mario Kart.
Yup, the contrls are better in CTR in my opinion and you can a better advantage if you know how to drive while still being threatened by power ups. The balance between driving skills and power ups is better than in Mario Kart, where you can be the best driver and yet finish in the middle of the pack at the end because you got double blue turtle + damaged by the second kart, the third kart and the fourth kart...
Adsolution wrote:
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

I still have yet to play Nitro Kart but it looks quite alright from the footage I saw.

Tag Team Racing sucks though. I gave the game a chance and hated it. I like the concept of being able to explore by foot but this concept ended up taking an unnecessary amount of time, really boring/generic levels, seriously why the fuck did we not get any Crash-themed levels? We just got generic medieval and prehistoric levels, nothing that stood out.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

That's not the most annoying part about CTTR: although the concept of mixing up two cars in order to have weapons and shit seems good at teh first glance, the power ups are almost non existant, plus you don't really know what they are doing if you are using them, or which one you picked up. The screen while you are driving is such a mess...

At least they put emphasize onto Crash's deaths: he can die in almsot a hundred ways in this game. But I felt that this game was more about exploring a world than racing agaisnt opponents, which should have been teh main goal of this game. Plus Crash is completely dumb in this game. In the other ones, he looked naive, not dumb as fuck. Come on, if he's not doing something useful (which he does only twice in the entire game, and it is against Cortex with a chicken EACH TIME), he jsut fools aroudn while everybody is facepalming at him.

CTR far better than this terrible racing game. I enjoyed Mario Kart Double Dash way more than CTTR.
Adsolution wrote:
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

In the other ones, he looked naive, not dumb as fuck.
So we're not gonna talk about how Crash did not stop to question Cortex at all during Crash 2?
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:
In the other ones, he looked naive, not dumb as fuck.
So we're not gonna talk about how Crash did not stop to question Cortex at all during Crash 2?
And I guess Cortex wouldn't have answered him anyway, making for useless plot lines and all. Not without talking about the fact that Crash doesn't really talk anyway. But just because he's not talking doesn't mean he's dumb. In CTTR, he looks almost completely dumb, it's not hard to see it.
Adsolution wrote:
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

It's not the fact that he can't talk. He just prevented this guy from achieving world domination one game ago, and has no qualms believing he has turned a new leaf.

I've always taken Crash to be dumb as fuck, but I also figured it was intentional. It's part of his charm, and why I like him. Everything he does, he does it in a clumsy way, and even when he does something "heroic", he seems like he didn't even realise what he was doing.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:It's not the fact that he can't talk. He just prevented this guy from achieving world domination one game ago, and has no qualms believing he has turned a new leaf.
This shows the definition of 'naive', not dumb!

I'm okay with Crash doing dumb things because yes it is a part of this character, but not 100% of the time like in CTTR. Come on, having a guy looking dumb 100% of the time is not enjoyable, it is BORING. Like anything you would do 100% of your time.
Adsolution wrote:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

I for one enjoyed Crash Tag Team Racing.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

Bradandez wrote:I for one enjoyed Crash Tag Team Racing.
I guess it was no use against Mario kart Double Dash.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

It's games like Tag Team Racing and the Crash of the Titans series that just felt so out of place in the Crash universe. Again, I'm all up for new, innovative ideas, but when you completely change the formula to the point where I can't even tell what I'm playing anymore, we have a problem...
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

The main issue I see in CTTR is that the best aspects of it have almost in common with a racing game...ROFL
Adsolution wrote:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

I gotta play the other games in the series and then I'll probably get an idea on the series as a whole.