Your Computers

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Joshua822
Estellia
Tings: 21010

Re: Your Computers

Post by Joshua822 »

I'm already an experienced Gimper :) - but haven't tested Inkscape yet. What I'd LOVE to is try Krita, which hasn't got a Windows port yet.
Really? Oh, goodie, that's great, a big hug for you! :D

I've never tested Krita, but it's nice as far as I've heard in Ubuntu circles. It's the image editor on Ubuntu for people who really can't handle Gimp's interface. And well, because Krita relies on so many UNIX-only other software packages and has a relatively small user base makes it not worth the effort to port it to Windows ( which is really difficult! ) to be honest. Although it's a shame for Windows users, indeed.

And by the way, just out of curiosity, what is broken in your old desktop, or how do you know it's dead? If the thing just doesn't do anything when you press the on button, it's probably just a broken power supply, which is not so hard to fix ( but you should let it be done by a computer shop if you don't know a lot about hardware, since if you do the wiring of the components to the power supply faulty, some components might blow up! ( this is no joke, a friend of mine has blown up his old floppy drive in this manner! ) ).
Julia_Patti
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Julia_Patti »

Joshua822 wrote:If the thing just doesn't do anything when you press the on button, it's probably just a broken power supply, which is not so hard to fix ( but you should let it be done by a computer shop if you don't know a lot about hardware, since if you do the wiring of the components to the power supply faulty, some components might blow up!
You guessed right, at the beginning it started up after pressing "on" SEVERAL times, and then it started taking even longer to boot, until the comp simply stopped reacting to "on". I don't know what exactly to blame, the power supply (after all, with two hard drives - 70 and 700 GB - it would go crazy indeed) or something else - some people from the hardware forums complained that they had the same problem because of the cooler.
We'd have it fixed ages ago, but the thing is, we're currently out of $. :( So for now, i have to deal only with the laptop.
Find me also here: Image Image Image Image Image Image
Joshua822
Estellia

Post by Joshua822 »

Oh, like that. But then it's definitely the power supply ( if the motherboard is dead some lights should still be burning and the fans should still go on ). And, well, you should probably wait to buy a new power supply when you have a lot of money again. Decent ( as in reliable and efficient ) power supplies cost a lot of money ( let's say that you can get them for around 3600 ruble, although that assumes European prises, it might cost more or less in Russia. ).

Oh, and it's probably not your hard drives. It doesn't take a lot of power to just power two simple hard drives ( it's probably only around, like, 20W ).
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Hey Haruka, what's that windows theme you're using?
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

RayFan9876 wrote:Hey Haruka, what's that windows theme you're using?
I use a costumized Windows theme called "Fire", which I love it. It is almost a Windows XP Blue and Green theme but with red colours.
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

I encourage Julia to install Ubuntu, but I am disappointed that there are also some Linux users
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

LOVΣ_MΞTΛL wrote:I encourage Julia to install Ubuntu, but I am disappointed that there are so few Linux users
Joshua822
Estellia

Post by Joshua822 »

@LOVE_METAL: you mean desktop Linux users, right? Since I honestly won't believe that somebody here doesn't use some form of Linux on a daily basis. Honestly, almost anything that isn't a desktop, laptop, iDevice or Windows Phone 7 smartphone and that has a CPU runs Linux these days. :mrgreen:
Phoenixan
Ursula
Tings: 26333

Post by Phoenixan »

Julia_Patti wrote:
As far as your needs goes, I think you'll have to install Gimp and Inkscape.
I'm already an experienced Gimper :) - but haven't tested Inkscape yet. What I'd LOVE to is try Krita, which hasn't got a Windows port yet.
I love Inkscape, but my main problem with it is that I can't seem to get it to properly recognize the pressure sensitivity on my tablet. It's really annoying. Looked for help on it, and the issue's already been on their bugs list since maybe 0.46.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Phoenixan wrote: I love Inkscape, but my main problem with it is that I can't seem to get it to properly recognize the pressure sensitivity on my tablet.
I also had that problem when I tried the program.
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

Joshua822 wrote:@LOVE_METAL: you mean desktop Linux users, right? Since I honestly won't believe that somebody here doesn't use some form of Linux on a daily basis. Honestly, almost anything that isn't a desktop, laptop, iDevice or Windows Phone 7 smartphone and that has a CPU runs Linux these days. :mrgreen:
Not necessarily destkop, but terminal, for exemple.
rayman4ever
Lums Jaune
Tings: 150

Post by rayman4ever »

I have a customized computer so here it goes the comp is spoiled and will repair In April :oops2:
Nvidia 9400gt 1 gb
Windows 7 ultimate
I have two 2gb chips but it says 4gb upgradable on win7
Intel core duo 2 2.8ghz
And that's it I forgot hard disk space but it is pretty good
here i got a photo of my pc (not the rig but my monitor and stuff)
i reinstalled windows and formatted my hard drive so there's not many icons :oops2:
Last edited by rayman4ever on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wii+ds= Wiids
Wii+ps2=wiis2
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

YamiRayman wrote:1 Windows 95 :D
this explains your rayman collector minigame vid

I have in my house 3 windows xp desktop, and a 2 laptop, one with windows xp too and another with windows 7
RayLums
Murfy
Tings: 80535

Post by RayLums »

Danonanobadray327 wrote:
Yeah but Rayman Collector fully works on XP too. Anyway you can play only mini-games with XP, if you want the play the Rayman games included in Rayman Collector (Desginer, Rayman by its fan, Rayman 1, 60 level unpublished, if I remember rightly...). You must install this games with 95 or may be 98 but I'm not really sure.
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

YamiRayman wrote:
Danonanobadray327 wrote:
Yeah but Rayman Collector fully works on XP too. Anyway you can play only mini-games with XP, if you want the play the Rayman games included in Rayman Collector (Desginer, Rayman by its fan, Rayman 1, 60 level unpublished, if I remember rightly...). You must install this games with 95 or may be 98 but I'm not really sure.
I dont have collector :(

but I have a special version of rayman par ses fans (extract from rayman forever) and it works properly in my computer, even in my laptop with win7
Lianna
Tily
Tings: 38855

Post by Lianna »

My dad's computer in my granny's is kinda old.
Phoenixan
Ursula
Tings: 26333

Post by Phoenixan »

Hey guys, time to bump this thread since I got a new desk and upgraded my desktop.
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

My laptop (from google)
It's a HP G61 PC Notebook.
I got this back in February 2010, and this thing is awesome. :P
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

i got 4 computers :boon: 2 for modeling and 2 for programing.
Last edited by DandyGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

rayman4ever wrote:I have a customized computer so here it goes the comp is spoiled and will repair In April :oops2:
Nvidia 9400gt 1 gb
Windows 7 ultimate
I have two 2gb chips but it says 4gb upgradable on win7
Intel core duo 2 2.8ghz
And that's it I forgot hard disk space but it is pretty good
here i got a photo of my pc (not the rig but my monitor and stuff)
i reinstalled windows and formatted my hard drive so there's not many icons :oops2:
Hey you, where did you get that Windows XP theme?