Smoke?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Smoke?

Post by Hunchman801 »

Smoking too much weed is indeed bad for your brain. I know a few people who got slower and dumber because of it. In reasonable amounts though, there don't seem to be any noticeable effects.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

My friend described the feeling of attempting to study after smoking weed. He said he'd stare at the books then go, "I'm stoned! I don't need to know this!"
He's also said that he's probably never had a conversation with me in which he didn't get stuck looking for a word for a few seconds, which I think he also attributed to smoking so much weed in general. :P
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

I wouldn't smoke weed regularly, maybe once or twice a month/year, haven't ever done it myself though.
I've made some pot brownies two weeks ago, I'm just not comfortable smoking in general, except when I'm drunk or tipsy.
Weed has some positive properties imo, but I wouldn't call it a miracle cure like some crazy potheads seem to think it is.
One thing for sure is that it's far better to consume than alcohol.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Lol, I'm bumping a topic made out of boredom based on the fact that I'm bored for the moment.

Heavens, NO! Never smoked, never will. My dad is the proof of my determination to abstain from it, he smoked ALL THE TIME, even when I was just a baby I saw him smoke at least once. The effect the smoke had on him was plainly obvious to me, as the years went by, he became more impatient, cranky, and prone to violent outbursts and/or physical abuse towards me and/or my sister, though it was mostly me, and by way of really anything to use to hit me, whether it be a belt or a large sack of potatoes (yes he literally threw it at me when I refused to eat my broccoli since it was cold).

I don't like the way that smoke smells either, since often times when I smell it I want to either gag/vomit. But I think i've gotten used to it from years of having to watch my dad smoke, so I am ok with being around smokers.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

The Jonster wrote:I don't like the way that smoke smells either, since often times when I smell it I want to either gag/vomit. But I think i've gotten used to it from years of having to watch my dad smoke, so I am ok with being around smokers.
I always thought smoke is what granola bars smelled like since my chain-smoker aunt who would pick me up from school when I was young always had granola bars in the car I could snack on, and the car smelled like smoke. I also thought smoke and piss were the smell of McDonald's because the one I usually went to when I was young had a lot of homeless people around it.

So I like the smell of smoke because it makes me think of a nice snack.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

Ambidextroid wrote:I also don't plan to drink, at least not for the most part (though this has less to do with health and more to do with how drunk people always get on my nerves, and I wouldn't want to subject other people to a drunk me).
Looks like I forgot about this :oops2:
Ambidextroid wrote:Though seeing how many people's views have changed throughout this thread I suppose all of these points are subject to change.
At least I wasn’t totally wrong :P

As for the smoking thing, I’m still adamant that I’ll never try a cigarette. I have tried weed at a party once while I was drunk and it was pretty fun, I can see why people do it. But I can’t see the appeal of tobacco, which just seems like an addictive, less healthy version which isn’t as fun.
Harold-_-
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Harold-_- »

I smoke, but its definitely not the healthiest thing in the world. I just see it as you can get cancer and other shitty ailements from so many things that you may aswell enjoy whatever you want. And I love the faint smell of tobacco.
Image Image
listen yh
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Smoking is something I'd rather not do.

After seeing Throat Cancer and the other symptoms, I'm a little paranoid about it... :paranormal:

The smell is one of the things that I can't stand either.
I could remember being next to a guy who smelt like "rotten burnt leaves" in a bus journey and it wasn't really fun when all windows had to be closed due to the rainfall weather that time. :confus:

Heh heh...you're taking this all from the guy who has weed in one of his made sigs....
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Tried weed at 2 different parties (a week before I was 18 and then 2 years ago again) but I will never put a cigarette near my mouth ever. I feel they're a complete waste of money and leave people stressed to death.

Call me a hypocrite if you will but I admit that drinking every night for years was really stupid too and I spent a ridiculous amount of money on that too. Another thing that's a complete waste of money unless you're just having a night out or a few friends over the odd time.

Don't ever be as stupid as me and waste money drinking all the time. I'm just thankful I gave it up.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Harold-_-
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Harold-_- »

when youre in your teens drinking is something special, but then it becomes avaliable and its like wtf this is shit now xDDDD
Image Image
listen yh
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Harold-_- wrote:when youre in your teens drinking is something special, but then it becomes avaliable and its like wtf this is shit now xDDDD
Hahaha yeah :lol:

It's not the same anymore when you're all old and it's legally allowed :oops2:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote:Tried weed at 2 different parties (a week before I was 18 and then 2 years ago again) but I will never put a cigarette near my mouth ever. I feel they're a complete waste of money and leave people stressed to death.

Call me a hypocrite if you will but I admit that drinking every night for years was really stupid too and I spent a ridiculous amount of money on that too. Another thing that's a complete waste of money unless you're just having a night out or a few friends over the odd time.

Don't ever be as stupid as me and waste money drinking all the time. I'm just thankful I gave it up.
I'm glad that I never was hyped on those things, though I will admit when I was in college I did want to try at least one drink, though I didn't do so until after I graduated. I may drink a little now, but it'll never be more than 1 drink a day.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Well I know this is about smoke but since it's another bad habit yes, drinking a 6 pack every night for 8 years wasn't that smart :lol:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Perhaps I should make a topic about drinking (when I'm bored and alone on the forum) so we can talk more about that there and have us continue talking about smoke, I can think of other kinds of smoke I have encountered, like hookah and vapor smoke (i'm not sure if that's even a think)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I well believe that weed makes you slow if you smoke it excessively. I'm not even trying to be bad but some people just aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, there's no shame in that though, everyone is different, but a lot of them go smoke weed excessively then while they're already not the brightest and it's a disaster.

Also about second hand smoke, my uncle used to smoke these cheap duty free things called email and blue smoke came off them, I'm serious, it was blue smoke. It used to really hurt my eyes because I remember him smoking them in Tramore when we were on holidays. Blue smoke is what you see from a lawnmower engine that's burning oil like :lol:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Ewww....i've never seen blue smoke, despite the fact that I find it interesting only bc it's blue. I probably still wouldn't like it.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Well he must've been smoking lawnmower oil mixed with nicotine :mrgreen:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Omg that sounds so strange :lol:
Lysol
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lysol »

Adsolution wrote:I always thought smoke is what granola bars smelled like since my chain-smoker aunt who would pick me up from school when I was young always had granola bars in the car I could snack on, and the car smelled like smoke. I also thought smoke and piss were the smell of McDonald's because the one I usually went to when I was young had a lot of homeless people around it.

So I like the smell of smoke because it makes me think of a nice snack.
Youhouhouh ! You stink !
Alexinator
Paluchard
Tings: 545

Post by Alexinator »

I've never smoked and I never will. It's a waste of money, shortens your life span and increases your chances of lung cancer.