Things that boil your blood!

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Re: Things that boil your blood!

Post by OCG »

G+ is now forced on users who had it for over 14 days, however, every time Google tried to force G+ on me, I always just click on "unlink channel and remove all G+ features". However, I got email from my partner network fullscreen that G+ will be a must and that Google will force all users to have G+ profile like it or not. I am sick of this garbage, I don't care for G+, YouTube is getting ruined more and more with terrible usernames that have spaces in them and are sometimes real name. The worst thing is that we can't stop this because Google is gonna ignore us the users.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Accidental double post, there, OCG, I've taken care of it.

Either ways, if G+ is forced, I'd probably just begrudgingly deal with it, as with all of YouTube's changes.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Sorry Master. My internet was having some issues.

Anyways, G+ removes YouTube inbox and thats the worst thing about it.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hm, interesting, I haven't tried out the G+ stuff myself, so I don't really know what it entails, but from seeing how it has affected others, I can imagine it's not anything good.
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Google doing what they did with YouTube on Wii U was literally the last straw for me.

You used to be able to watch videos on YouTube via Internet Browser on Wii U. It was great for me, because my laptop can't handle 1080p resolution, and I had the ability to watch them on the GamePad and what not. It also meant taking a break from gaming to watch stuff on YouTube was really quick (as Internet Browser doesn't close down other software, so you can pick up from where you left off in your game immediately after you're done with the Internet Browser).

However, Google did something with the way ads work on YouTube. It made it so that if an ad tried to play on your video, it would crash your Wii U. Nintendo fixed the crashing issue, but now when an ad tries to play on your video, it just tells you that the video is not supported on Wii U (even though it technically is - this message only comes up if an ad tries to interrupt your video. Otherwise, the video will work just fine. Ads will interrupt your video 99% of the time though, and there is no way to use AdBlock on Wii U or anything).

It seems Google want people to actually use the free YouTube App that's on the eShop. But it's complete garbage (slow, terrible interface, TERRIBLE search system, etc). It's the exact same one that's on PS3, and it doesn't even have any added Wii U functionality (such as touch screen interface, or the ability to watch videos on the GamePad). I literally don't understand their logic, though. How is us using the app any better for them than using their actual website?

Really makes my blood boil! :V
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Google has no absolutely no sense of how to handle social media, but also they don't care. They know they can do whatever they want with YouTube, even if that means stripping away all the features so channels are fully designed to get more subscribers for partners and force G+ onto because, well, they are the most popular video site out there. And a lot of people say shit like "I'm going to Vimeo!!" but they don't because nobody goes there when they want to look up a song or watch a let's play or tutorial or anything. There's only gonna be more and more of this kinda shit because nobody is ever going to beat down or even come close to YouTube. So yeah, don't expect them to suddenly see a certain light and make channels like a Tumblr blog.

Anyway.

My mother came into my room and just wanted to talk with me about a thing or two for like five minutes. Nothing special. Yet it boils my blood? Like I can't stand being disrupted when I'm doing something. I just nod my head and agree and try not to make it show how much I wish she left. Is that normal? And we don't have a bad relationship with each other or anything, despite some things.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

I kinda hate when people repeatedly interrupt me when I have headphones on or something, if it never amounts to anything. The way I see it, a person with headphones on that are playing sound is a person to be left alone unless it's for something worthwhile.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I honestly don't mind the headphones thing, as I rarely ever use my speakers; what annoys me is my mother's total disregard for how acoustics work. Often she'll just start yelling/telling me something from another room, and if I say 'what?' or if I didn't hear her, then apparently the headphones are too loud. I'm not an idiot, so I play them at a relatively medium volume. I've repeatedly told her that vocal frequencies easily get completely lost when even just the slightest bit of sound comes through headphones and to knock on the wall if she wants my attention (vibrations are much easier to take note of), yet she insists on not doing that and has even on multiple occasions tried to have an 'intervention' with me on not listening to her, me supposedly damaging my ears by listening to music too loud, and the irrelevant, over-the-top punishments that will ensue and.

sonicbrawler182
Barbara

For me, it's not because I can't hear people over the music I'm listening to/video I'm watching (because I actually can most of the time - not to the point I can make out what they are saying, but to a point where I at least know when someone is trying to get my attention), it's just that it's kind of irritating when I have to repeatedly take them off to have someone tell me something they didn't need to tell me. It's fine if you want to start an actual conversation, or need my attention for something more important, but if someone's repeatedly having me take them off every two seconds for silly things that mean nothing (like when people want me to do something trivial that they could easily be doing themselves), it's annoying, especially when I'm watching an intriguing video or listening to a discussion (as in those cases, I'm generally paying attention to those as part of some kind of research). Another reason is because of the size of my headphones.

It's nitpicky, I suppose, but I can't help but find it bothersome.

Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Adsolution wrote:I honestly don't mind the headphones thing, as I rarely ever use my speakers; what annoys me is my mother's total disregard for how acoustics work. Often she'll just start yelling/telling me something from another room, and if I say 'what?' or if I didn't hear her, then apparently the headphones are too loud. I'm not an idiot, so I play them at a relatively medium volume. I've repeatedly told her that vocal frequencies easily get completely lost when even just the slightest bit of sound comes through headphones and to knock on the wall if she wants my attention (vibrations are much easier to take note of), yet she insists on not doing that and has even on multiple occasions tried to have an 'intervention' with me on not listening to her, me supposedly damaging my ears by listening to music too loud, and the irrelevant, over-the-top punishments that will ensue and.

What the fuck, you're literally me.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:For me, it's not because I can't hear people over the music I'm listening to/video I'm watching (because I actually can most of the time - not to the point I can make out what they are saying, but to a point where I at least know when someone is trying to get my attention), it's just that it's kind of irritating when I have to repeatedly take them off to have someone tell me something they didn't need to tell me. It's fine if you want to start an actual conversation, or need my attention for something more important, but if someone's repeatedly having me take them off every two seconds for silly things that mean nothing (like when people want me to do something trivial that they could easily be doing themselves), it's annoying, especially when I'm watching an intriguing video or listening to a discussion (as in those cases, I'm generally paying attention to those as part of some kind of research). Another reason is because of the size of my headphones.

It's nitpicky, I suppose, but I can't help but find it bothersome.
I have the same problem. I hate having to this, especially with my family.
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Aye, my mother will constantly interrupt me while I watch something or am in a chat. I've stopped watching movies before she goes to bed for that reason. When I'm doing something I put my full focus on that thing and unless it's important or it's someone like my friend who bothers me (My brother just walked in and bothered me for the most pathetic reason. :boon: ) it really irritates me. It's why I wish consoles weren't in the living room (I have to play all my games there just because of fucking Mario Party. Nintendo better releases one for the Wii U or this is gonna be worthless) because they'll talk trough cutscenes or mock the game or whatever. Especially when my mother started yelling at me trough the ending cutscene of Super Mario Galaxy 2, I actually got mad over that. :P
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

Oh god, I remember when my mother was about to go out somewhere, and she started ordering me to do some stuff before she gets back...

...while I was watching the ending to Professor Layton and the Last Specter, after beating the game.

MAM IM TRYIN TO BE SAD AND DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW CANT U JUST WAIT A FEW MORE MINUTES BEFORE GOING OFF ON A RANT OF ORDERS??? ;_____;

Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Haha it's horrible. I have a lot of trouble trying to immerse myself when in the background my mother is watching something and my father is talking to my brother. Most likely the reason why RO was so much more enjoyable for me when I recently played the PC version.

Now if Epic Mickey can be released for PC.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Sequel was planned on PC but it was cancelled due to low sales. But I do remember you said second one sucked anyways :P
First one can be played on Dolphin.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

If ya wanna play epic mickey on PC just get the PC emulator...
technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 »

An ongoing thing that pisses me off with my parents is how they constantly threaten to pull me out of school whenever I screw up on anything related to school. I admit I haven't been the best student lately, but I'm fucking tired of hearing shit like, "Why don't we just go back to homeschooling?" or seeing them look at other available schools, because this one isn't "working out," despite the fact that I've only been there for a couple of months.
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

So I have until Christmas to complete 12 whole units of Biology. That's several months of schoolwork and I only get the class two to three days a week. So what does my teacher do? Waste the first three times I attend her class with lessons that aren't important. Thanks, now I'm 16 pages of reading and two tests behind. :x
technology4617 wrote:An ongoing thing that pisses me off with my parents is how they constantly threaten to pull me out of school whenever I screw up on anything related to school. I admit I haven't been the best student lately, but I'm fucking tired of hearing shit like, "Why don't we just go back to homeschooling?" or seeing them look at other available schools, because this one isn't "working out," despite the fact that I've only been there for a couple of months.
That sucks. I'd never wanna be homeschooled. I'll pick the public school stress over it.
technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 »

Keane wrote:That sucks. I'd never wanna be homeschooled. I'll pick the public school stress over it.
I was homeschooled for a while, up untilI was 12. It worked great until I was about eight, after that, not so much,
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Being homeschooled is best in my opinion. What's so bad about it?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image