Official Nintendo Topic

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you want the Nintendo Switch?

5 - Nintendo's already taken/about to take my money!
51%
22%
3 - I'm on the fence
14%
11%
1 - RUINED FOREVER
3%

Total votes: 37

RefluxtheKnaaren64
Homme de Pierre
Tings: 2076

Official Nintendo Topic

Post by RefluxtheKnaaren64 »

This is a topic for all Nintendo games (includes from Nintendo systems e.g. Rayman, Sonic)
There is a reference to the Official Nintendo Magazine http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/
and I shall be posting latest news from there
Go and express your inner fan!!!
Reflux is epic-ness!!!!! REFLUX!
"You seem quite clever, stranger. That's good. I like clever people - their brains are tastier!"
Reflux- Rayman 3
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Official Nintendo Topic

Post by Haruka »

I am a Nintendo supporter, but lately I haven't been liking the moves of Nintendo:

- Doing a significative price cut in the 3DS few months after the release. They tried to reward us with 10 free NES games, but they can't be taken very serious.

- The Sliding Button expansion. I hope that many games won't require that. The 3DS Ambassadors could at least claim it for free.

- Wii Family Edition. Really, they've got to be kidding. No retrocompactibility anymore and vertical stand? I wonder if this continues to be classified as a "Wii".
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

this^
but we also get 10 GBA games for free
and about the sliderpad expansion it will work like Wii motion plus: some games need it but it will be like a expansion=not really needed
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Not every GBA titles were revealed yet, but I think some can reward like Yoshi's Island.
ikke471
Antitoon

Post by ikke471 »

Haruka wrote:Not every GBA titles were revealed yet, but I think some can reward like Yoshi's Island.
Or metroid fusion (Kirby the magic mirror is rumored to appear too)
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Nintendo Wii is awesome
RefluxtheKnaaren64
Homme de Pierre
Tings: 2076

Post by RefluxtheKnaaren64 »

For all 3ds owners and Mario fans.

it is confirmed that alongside the Tanooki Suit, Fire Flower and Propeller Block, there is one last item in Super Mario 3D Land
That is Boomerang Suit
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=boomer ... oA_&zoom=1
Reflux is epic-ness!!!!! REFLUX!
"You seem quite clever, stranger. That's good. I like clever people - their brains are tastier!"
Reflux- Rayman 3
ikke471
Antitoon

Post by ikke471 »

RefluxtheKnaaren64 wrote:For all 3ds owners and Mario fans.

it is confirmed that alongside the Tanooki Suit, Fire Flower and Propeller Block, there is one last item in Super Mario 3D Land
That is Boomerang Suit
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=boomer ... oA_&zoom=1
that was confirmed 2 days ago -_-
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

He'll have the same ability as a Boomerang Brother? Cool.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:- Wii Family Edition. Really, they've got to be kidding. No retrocompactibility anymore and vertical stand? I wonder if this continues to be classified as a "Wii".
This is seriously the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. :tssk: Other than this:

Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Come on, when I learnt about the Family Edition of Wii and its new characteristics, I'm sure it will be a Deja-Vu of the Game Boy Micro. A waste of money, aswell it is not compactible with the previous console games.

And Wii U isn't too much far to reach the market, I find this a total waste of money. For me it isn't a Wii already. My Wii DOES is a Wii: vertical stand, very first edition bought in European release date with the very first wrist strap version. And retrocompactibility for the win, or else I couldn't play games like Luigi's Mansion.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:Come on, when I learnt about the Family Edition of Wii and its new characteristics, I'm sure it will be a Deja-Vu of the Game Boy Micro. A waste of money, aswell it is not compactible with the previous console games.

And Wii U isn't too much far to reach the market, I find this a total waste of money. For me it isn't a Wii already. My Wii DOES is a Wii: vertical stand, very first edition bought in European release date with the very first wrist strap version. And retrocompactibility for the win, or else I couldn't play games like Luigi's Mansion.
Haha, same! I have the crappy design as well, but that means I was able to mod and hack it with no consequences.

So you're saying the Wii Family Edition doesn't come with a vertical stand? Or it doesn't fit into the stand?
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

It doesn't come with the vertical stand the new Wii, it is only horizontal.

I think the casual gaming flipped Nintendo's head completely. :tssk:

It doesn't seems from them, why are they lately being doing nonsense stuff?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:It doesn't come with the vertical stand the new Wii, it is only horizontal.

I think the casual gaming flipped Nintendo's head completely. :tssk:

It doesn't seems from them, why are they lately being doing nonsense stuff?
I have no idea. Aside from the Wii-U, I really don't see what they're trying to accomplish at the moment. Besides, the Wii was never a hardcore gaming system in general and was never expensive. Why the Family Edition? I don't wanna play Brawl with a Wiimote.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

And this just happened in Europe, because this edition does not exist in NA or Japan. Can you imagine the trouble this gives to European players that wanted a Wii compactible with GCN games and accessories?

What they are going to do now? eBay search for older editions? Buying an NTSC console and mod-chip it?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:And this just happened in Europe, because this edition does not exist in NA or Japan. Can you imagine the trouble this gives to European players that wanted a Wii compactible with GCN games and accessories?

What they are going to do now? eBay search for older editions? Buying an NTSC console and mod-chip them?
Are they replacing the original Wii or selling it as well as the original?
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

They replaced. From every store I went, the original Wii is missing now. Really, what the...
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:They replaced. From every store I went, the original Wii is missing now. Really, what the...
Wow, ten times as bad! Are they trying to wipe out the good old days?
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

The European Nintendo surely thinks that no one cares about GameCube already, which I think that's bullshit.
Itooh
Carmen
Location: Perdu, quelque part dans le Grand Raccourci... >< Help !
Tings: 41812

Post by Itooh »

Er… I don't find the situation so dramatic… :| If people want to play GC games, they just have to keep their GC. Or in the improbable case the would want to play GC games without having a GC, well, the console is findable for only 30 €.
Retro-compatibility is cool, it's sad that it's removed, but it's mostly a bonus. A Wii is used to play Wii games. That's it.
And with a Wii controller ! Except Smash Bros. Brawl and VC/Wiiware Games, every games are playable with the Wiimote. At worth, there is the classic controller (pro edition) that is also well done. :/

And as Haruka said : Wii-U will be released soon. So who would buy a Wii ? Not a large amount of people. :/ Since the console is in its end of life, it's normal that a "lower-version" comes out. People who will buy that Wii Family Editions won't buy it to play GC games, or to play SSBB with a GC controller. They will buy it because it isn't expensive, and they didn't need a Wii before.
Anyway, who cares ? Does somebody here want a Wii Family Edition with GC retro-compatibility ? :P Come on, since you have a Wii with retro-compatibility, why complaining ?^^

And about the vertical stand… Well… Is this really a matter !? :shock: N64 and GC didn't have a vertical stand, but were usable though. :p
Your eyes are not ready for this, and your brain not prepared for that.
You should probably instead play some of these, or watch some of those.
*drops the mic* (just kidding, mics are expensive)