Official Nintendo Topic

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you want the Nintendo Switch?

5 - Nintendo's already taken/about to take my money!
51%
20%
3 - I'm on the fence
14%
11%
1 - RUINED FOREVER
3%

Total votes: 35

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Re: Official Nintendo Topic

Post by Bradandez » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:08 pm

That's not the point. You said that Nintendo were turning franchises into 2D platformers which is wrong with Kirby seeing as that series as a 2D Platformer. That's like saying Nintendo fucked over Mario because they make a New Super Mario Bros. game after a Mario Kart game.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:19 pm

I suppose I should've elaborated better then, I mostly mean Nintendo rather over simplifying their franchises, and there is an oversaturation for 2d platformers in the Nintendo market. But you can't disregard the fact the Wii U and 3DS has an absolute plethora of 2D platformers that are unnecessary, especially considering the older libraries. I know you're a huge fanboy for Nintendo but at least YOU can agree in this aspect. Also take into consideration the decrease in quality in these platformers is very noticeable, especially with Yoshi's new Island.
Though I don't think this issue is limited to 2D platformers: Look at Federation Force, Star Fox Zero, and Color Splash as examples of Nintendo's mediocrity.
Bradandez wrote:Nintendo fucked over Mario because they make a New Super Mario Bros. game after a Mario Kart game.
Nintendo did fuck over Mario this generation, but not for those reasons.
So where the fuck is the new 3D platformer this generation? 64 had 64 (duh), GC had sunshine, Wii had Galaxy (AND Galaxy 2), so what the fuck does the Wii U have? 3D World? Oh please, don't tell me a lazy copy-paste of 3D land is a 'true' 3d platformer. Mario Kart 8 was okay, but the fact that it doesn't have a god damn battle mode implemented is lazy as hell. Not to mention Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi series have both been incredibly mediocre lately.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Rayfist wrote:I feel like Nintendo is just shoving out 2D Platformers one after the next and they start losing depth the further they go.Perhaps they're trying to reboot these classics in a new 'modern' way which is fine, but it's getting to the point of being incredibly tedious. The Nintendo exclusive library is just oversaturated with 2D platformers and its getting tiring.
Not just Nintendo but a large portion of the market is over saturated with either 2D platforms or FPS's. Both of which I'm tried of seeing. I really hope the NX pushes out a new generation of 3D platforms.
Rayfist wrote:I know it sounds maybe a little overly optimistic... but I feel like with the NX, Nintendo might have learned from the mistakes they've made with the Wii U. I, as a huge Nintendo fan, would really like to see a more 'diverse' set of exclusives rather than just 2D platformers. I really think Nintendo has just done everything they possibly could so wrong, ridiculously simplified games, hardly any risks, playing it WAY too safe (Star Fox Zero), and censoring fan made games. Sorry, but as a Nintendo fan I have to say this has been Nintendo's WORST console generation yet.
I'm overly optimistic too. I boarded the hype train last night, I feel given Reggie's statment; Nintendo has learned from their past. Nintendo's worst console generation IMO was with the Wii. I can't stand motion control's (With the exception of WarioWare Twisted.) Most games that involved motion control's were nothing more than gimmicks. There are only a few games that I keep going back to my Wii for. (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this is really just because of the mods, Kirby's Return to Dreamland & Sonic Colors)

@Bradandez Kirby Air Ride was in 3D. Kirby really needs a new 3D game, given how popular and well praised City Trial is.

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:46 pm

#Doubleposting
http://kotaku.com/official-new-mario-ga ... 1786329332
I'm curious to know what you all think of this. I never though I'd see Mario outside anything non-Nintendo related.
Last edited by DandyGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:09 am

The events of today in the tech world have been somewhat intriguing, Sony's PS4 Pro (professional gaming console?), Apple's ditching the headphone jack in the iPhone 7, and then Miyamoto himself coming onto the Apple stage. That was unexpected, to say the least. As for the game, it seems to be Mario's equivalent of Rayman Adventures, looks decent, but there's something which just feels weird about it.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:30 am

Meh, I'll stick with Adventures.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:38 am

It looks a little thrown together, like very quickly designed levels that you can tell were pieced together in a level editor. Might be fun if they show some more interesting content, but otherwise this feels like an app to play on-the-go mediocre Mario Maker levels.

I mean it's a pretty decent concept, but I would've thought these mobile games would all aim to provide some form of otherwise exclusive Nintendo content now available on your phone. This just seems like your everyday phone game with a Mario skin, and not even necessarily better than fellow clones.

If anything this is making me wonder why they didn't just release another NSMB game for mobile. I think in the context of a phone app having a proper Mario title would be a novel concept.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:54 am

Keane wrote:
Rayfist wrote:Fuck off, I'm hyped as hell for SMT IV apocalypse.
It was pretty good for JRPG fans too since im excited for DQ7 and 8 as well.
*beep beep beep* weeb detected!
LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it's a very good move Nintendo's making to finally move into the mobile market. It's about time, after their decade-long series of one miserable failure after the next.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:53 am

Wii and Nintendo 3DS were failures? You sure about that?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:25 am

The Wii was a sorely underpowered console and as a result saw virtually no third-party titles. The same happened with the Wii U, except the Wii U sold far worse because Nintendo's gimmick novelty wore off. The Wii also tried a lot harder on its games than the Wii U did, but that was mostly in its early days. That console was a wasteland years before the Wii U was released.

The 3DS was essentially impossible to screw up because there were no competing handhelds.

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:00 am

I wish Nintendo would just reveal the NX already :pfff:

I wanna see if the BGAE2 exclusivity rumours are 4 reel
Rayman is the best man

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:34 am

Soon, my boy... The NX is soon...

As for the mobile market, it seems that Pokémon Shuffle on Ios is making truckloads of cash, so yeah, I think they're committed to the smartphone market. ow all we need is a Kirby-food-app.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 am

Hmm, perhaps they could port over or remake some of the Kirby minigames from the titles, they seem perfectly suited for the casual app crowed.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:57 am

Seeing as the Wii and 3DS have sold really well in the past, and the 3DS still going strong even up to this year, I'd wouldn't call either one a failure.

The NX reveal has been hinted to be announced very soon hopefully. I'm just tired of waiting.

And also Kirby Air Ride was a spin-off, not a full fledge Kirby game. So no. Kirby has always been 2D, it's never had a main full fledged 3D Platformer game.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Something selling well doesn't mean it was well-equipped in the long run. A turd could literally sell like wildfire if it was marketed well enough.

I actually really liked the idea of having "half" of a controller in each hand, because it took the idea of comfort to the next level allowing you even more freedom with how you position yourself. Unfortunately, The lack of a right analogue stick made porting any game that made regular use of one unfit to be played on the console, unless they were to use motion control (a total pain in the ass), or you were to buy a separate controller which should've been bundled with the console in the first place.

Nintendo have demonstrated they don't really have what it takes to be the sole developer of games for their consoles, which they ended up becomimg very quickly.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 pm

*becoming

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:15 pm

help theres poo in my butt

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:28 am

Adsolution wrote:The 3DS was essentially impossible to screw up because there were no competing handhelds.
Except for VITA which fucked up royally.
Master wrote:it seems to be Mario's equivalent of Rayman Adventures, looks decent, but there's something which just feels weird about it.
It's just another endless runner I wouldn't call it 'equivalent'. Looks like it'd be a nice fun title but I can't say its anything I'm super stoked about.

Yeah I have to say, the idea to not include something as basic as a headphone jack is strange, but not surprising since it's Apple. Of course, an easy business move to get people to 'buy MORE APPLE PRODUCTS'. Otherwise, I must say the Iphone 7 does look quite impressive.
Adsolution wrote:LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fuck you man, it was one of the BEST games on 3DS.
Last edited by Rayfist on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:37 am

Yeah, no competing handhelds. Pity though, I went for the PSP when my peers went for the DS. And while I did end up nicking the DS often to play titles like Kirby and Pokemon, I still did enjoy the games I had on the PSP (and homebrewing the thing made it an awesome emulation portable). I kinda hoped that Sony would have learned from where the PSP didn't do so well, and improved, but the Vita seemed to be pretty much dead from the get go.

As for Mario Run, that is true, Adventures is a title which isn't always about simply making it to the end, with many exploration levels. Runner seems to be basic Mario, but with an endless runner element, so I guess more like Jungle and Fiesta Run.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:17 am

Why'd the VITA do so bad anyway? It wasn't a great concept but nothing particularly different from the 3DS - basically the PSP with a graphical update and a gimmick. I would at least have thought it'd sell poorly as opposed to just not really selling at all, portable Uncharted seems appealing enough to fanboys. It was like Virtual Boy levels of fuckup.
Adsolution wrote:help theres poo in my butt
hnngh hot
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]