Beyond Good & Evil

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Beyond Good & Evil

Post by Master »

PAL, because childhood/teenagehood bias.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I like the scheme of the NTSC cover better, it tells you more about the game. The PAL cover, while it hardly actually resembles the game, it looks cooler and more classic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

This is one exception for me in where I prefer the NTSC cover. I think the NA cover reflects more the atmosphere of the game rather than the PAL one that feels more empty.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Usually PAL wins for me with it's covers- but I prefer NTSC for this one.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

Haruka wrote:This is one exception for me in where I prefer the NTSC cover. I think the NA cover reflects more the atmosphere of the game rather than the PAL one that feels more empty.
I agree. They usually get the worse covers over there, but in this case they I'd say they won.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

At least I find the european covers of Rayman games better than the North American ones.

One example of comparasion, for the PlayStation Rayman 2:

PAL

NTSC
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

The PAL cover portrays the good of Hyllis with the NTSC cover displaying the evil, with jade and her trusty camera being the "beyond" in both.. lel just kidding, I like them both in different ways. The PAL cover is quite beautiful in my opinion and reminds me of the awesome art style and soundtrack but the NTSC one represents the story and gameplay more.
Rayman is the best man
Disionity
Reclu
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity »

I gave the matter some thought earlier today, and decided I would ask about what opinions other members at RPC would have. The question is, Would you want a reimagining of Beyond Good & Evil, and if so, what modifications/enhancements and new content would you like. If a remake were to be done, I would wish for larger, further fleshed out environments, new scenarios and cutscenes, and of course updated visuals and gameplay mechanics. Re-recorded voice-overs would be splendid as well. Frankly though, I would want it to be closer to the game Michel Ancel and his team wanted to make back in 2003, but weren't able to do so due to limitations of the size of the development team and the hardware at the time. It would be perfect to time in with the release of Beyond Good & Evil 2 (if that is anytime soon). Do you think Beyond Good & Evil is a title that was near-perfection to begin with and doesn't need to be tampered with and if done would ruin its nostalgic properties for you, or an excellent title that could be even better with new and improved properties added if executed correctly?
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

I'm satisfied with the HD remaster we got, though I'm definitely intrigued by the matter of what potential content could have been added. However as of now, I'm happy with how the first game turned out and just really want all focus to be on the long-awaited sequel.
Rayman is the best man
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

i'd have to agree, but i wish that we could actoully save pictures of animals in the camara or retake a certain photo that looks like crap. :/
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

dartofthedavros wrote:i'd have to agree, but i wish that we could actoully save pictures of animals in the camara or retake a certain photo that looks like crap. :/
After you take photos of all the animals in the game you receive an mDisk with all of those pictures. You can also retake photos that look like shit; I I think. You just take the photo and it should replace the shitty one. Not sure though, it could also be that
Grant Kirkhope wrote:If it's shit it's shit, and that's it.
abhinav
Reflux
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Does the PC version of BG&E have gamepad support or do you have to use programs like xpadder or joy2key? I don't recall seeing any option for setting up gamepad controls. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC
Disionity
Reclu

Post by Disionity »

Unfortunately, no, all sources I have seen claim the PC version of Beyond Good & Evil does not have native gamepad support. I don't think it detracts from the overall experience too terribly from what I played of the demo. I would still recommend any of the console versions over it, though. If you have a PS3 or Xbox 360, you can download the High-Definition remake for $10.00 USD or 10,000 Microsoft Points. Or if you happen to have a Wii, Gamecube, original Xbox, PS2, or original (fat) PS3 console, you can play the original console version. Be aware though, if choose the PS2 version, make sure you are playing on an original (fat) Playstation 2 console, as some glitches occur when playing on a Slim PS2 or via a backwards compatible PS3, namely looping sound issues and occasional crashing. While the issues don't ruin the title, they're quite annoying.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

As far as I can remember, it does not feature a gamepad setup. It is a shame because I admit that finding out good controls for PC is a little tricky.
Disionity
Reclu

Post by Disionity »

http://gamingbolt.com/gamestop-germany- ... new-batman

An interesting bit of news. I normally don't pay attention to these retailer leaks, as they're often untrue about the item in question, but this is the same retailer who recently listed Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, some time before it was officially announced. I would still take it with a grain of salt, but it does give a glimmer of hope that the game is being worked on and that something will finally come to fruition this year.
Dart
Clark

Post by Dart »

I think its possible to come out mid-late 2015, but you never know.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, I tend to take things like these with a pinch of salt, but the arrival of BG&E2 after all these years would be most welcome.
Disionity
Reclu

Post by Disionity »

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/2032 ... ed-sequel/

An interesting article. Ancel talks about the gaming industry as a whole as well.
Dart
Clark

Post by Dart »

interesting, I'm curious where Ancel intends to take this, cause it could totally change the gaming industry if done right.
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

1:07:49 confirmation that BGE2 is still in development?
Rayman is the best man