Re: How should be your dream girl/man

Post by incognito »

I don't think i want to know after all.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

Lol I never thought we'd see this one again.

I know looks are a tricky topic, and really, I don't think it's wrong to value them as long as you're realistic. A Dose of Buckley actually did an episode on sleezy, average at best looking guys stalking obviously great looking women on dating sites. You have to be honest with your own appearance, and not try to hunt ideals while simultaneously refusing to care about making yourself an ideal. I also can't help but feel that creating an "ideal" image results in comparing it to anyone who isn't that, and inevitably they'll look worse.

--

Anyway I know no one cares to hear about an extensive analysis of my ideal partner, so let me try to write this in a slightly more relatable way.

That being said, I personally don't really have huge appearance preferences nor do I demand high standards. I don't think I'd ever really look for "hot babes", I feel like the worse aspects of appearances can also help make someone appear more human, and I'd probably feel uncomfortable being with someone who invests so much time on looks anyway. We grow old, we grow used to each other, looks are going decrease in value anyway.

That being said, I'm surprised no one seems very picky on personality. A couple of you mentioned religion which, yeah, I probably wouldn't get together with someone religious. No disrespect intended, I just know that your way of observing things and thinking is certainly going to be very different. I'm not much of a science freak, I just personally find it a bit naive to assume that life'll end in flowers and roses (Not intending to offend anyone's believes here, you're free to disagree), and I generally just don't agree with the Bible's way.

Then there's interests, how do you guys feel on this one? I feel like I kinda would want this "dream girl/man" to enjoy at least some of the games, movies, music, etc. One of my main problems with friendships is that people often find my taste too eccentric or just don't care about what I enjoy. I'd like to, for example, share my extreme interest for music with someone, rather than them just being polite and listening to please me. I do think you gotta be open to new things as well, but, it just seems kinda off to me to still keep these personal things to myself in a relationship.

Other than that, I just want them to click with me. I get along with most people, but I almost never form bonds with them. I just don't get close with people, or they don't with me, and well, that's how my loneliness problem has come into existence in the first place. I want to feel confident in my ability to talk about personal topics, that we're equal to each other, and like our relationship is actually enhancing both of our lives. I don't expect to ever stop being very shut away from people, so really, I'd view the ideal relationship as "being alone together".

Oh and, I wanna go on vacation man. I don't need to go hiking in hot weather or something, but I don't wanna hang around a resort all day either.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 85715

Post by Ambidextroid »

I really don't have any specific physical prerences, as long as I find her cute or pretty I guess.
I wouldn't mind them being religious unless it was at like a go to church every week level, but I guess I'd prefer an atheist.
There's nothing I'd particularly look for in a partner, I'd just want someone I'd meet and find beautiful.
Also liking video games would be nice, but I don't really mind as long as we could get along well. It's pretty much all about a good personality for me.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

incognito wrote:
Bradandez wrote:For starters, she has to be a girl.
I thought a socket was already your waifu !
The sock isn't my waifu, you twit.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

I'm not really sure I even have an ideal image for a partner, but I do (in joke) have a waifu.

incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Bradandez wrote:
incognito wrote:
Bradandez wrote:For starters, she has to be a girl.
I thought a socket was already your waifu !
The sock isn't my waifu, you twit.
DandyGuy wrote:
Bradandez wrote:
DandyGuy wrote:@Bradley Doesn't Give a Fuck Hernandez, Your not a true Rayman fan. 8)
THAT IS NOT TRUE LOOK AT MY RAYMAN COLLECTION ASSHOLE
GOT4N wrote:I agree with Bionichute, you're being like Leffen, a real dick, please stay polite.
Screw ya.
Is that sock your waifu?
:hinhinhin:

Xenon
André
Tings: 94480

Post by Xenon »

When it comes to the subject of sharing interests I tend to think opposites attract. I've been going with my partner now for several years and we're pretty different people really. She has quite girly interests, like clothes, design and make-up, and I have quite, boyish (lacking a better word :roll: ) interests like cars and TV and gaming. We even have opposing political standpoints, hers being moderately right, mine being moderately left. Sometimes it just works being different and I wouldn't want it any other way.

When it comes to looks, yeah, I was pretty naive 2 years ago. It's obvious that people go for people who look to be on their level, whatever that is. It's shallow but it's nature and there's absolutely no point in arguing against it.

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

I think it might actually be better in some aspects, I imagine that being able to get along so well with big differences is probably a good social skill builder. And I mean if you have acquaintances/friends you're a bit more comparable to then, sure, whatever.

Politically though, I'm more picky there. I'm not an American citizen or anything, but regardless, centrism is a foreign concept to US politics, and both the left and right pretty much exist to see the other one crash and burn. I respect opinions to an extend, but when you started voting in corporate assholes who pretend climate change is a hoax and welcome the TTP like an old friend, that's just not gonna fly with me.

Maybe that'll cool down a bit more once I'm out of the US though.
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

incognito wrote:*quoted shit*:hinhinhin:
Wow, you ignorant piece of shit. If you read that post, you'd know that I said the sock relates to my waifu. THE SOCK IS NOT MY WAIFU. BARBARA IS OKAY!/ YOU GOT YOU LITTLE FUCK? I DON'T TAKE SLANDER KINDLT, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S ABOUT MY FICTIONAL WIFE AND IF I EVER CATCH YOU SLANDERING HER AGAIN, YOU BEST PRAY TO GOD YOU CAN LEARN TO SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN, PUNK.

You got that? k thnk <3 bye <3

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Xenon wrote:When it comes to the subject of sharing interests I tend to think opposites attract. I've been going with my partner now for several years and we're pretty different people really. She has quite girly interests, like clothes, design and make-up, and I have quite, boyish (lacking a better word :roll: ) interests like cars and TV and gaming.
When it comes to looks, yeah, I was pretty naive 2 years ago. It's obvious that people go for people who look to be on their level, whatever that is. It's shallow but it's nature and there's absolutely no point in arguing against it.
Fascinating perspective. I tend to find being too distinctly different can be a problem. I've been going for two years now with mine and honestly I don't think we would've ever made it this far if we didn't share few interests. But I do think having too many common interests could cause problems. For example, my girlfriend really enjoys videogames, but she really doesn't enjoy that platforming and fighting genre like I do, she just really loves RPGs, but she still has immense respect for the genre's I enjoy and really likes trying them out. I find if there's really no connections between the two, not even at least in the smallest form it can create some awkwardness, at least for me. I think having 'girly interests' though is just a very normal thing. Even for tomboys, it's just natural.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Bradandez wrote:
Wow, you ignorant piece of shit. If you read that post, you'd know that I said the sock relates to my waifu. THE SOCK IS NOT MY WAIFU. BARBARA IS OKAY!/ YOU GOT YOU LITTLE FUCK? I DON'T TAKE SLANDER KINDLT, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S ABOUT MY FICTIONAL WIFE AND IF I EVER CATCH YOU SLANDERING HER AGAIN, YOU BEST PRAY TO GOD YOU CAN LEARN TO SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN, PUNK.

Is it your sock waifu though?
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Crush40forever
Flabard
Tings: 160

Post by Crush40forever »

Oooooook............ :shock:

What's with all the fighting and cussing? :?
CRUSH 40 / SONIC THE HEDGEHOG FAN GIRL FOR LIFE! <3 SONIC SPEED!

Proud author of the "Sonic & the PlayStation Heroes" series!
Sonic (Speed + Team Leader) / Spyro (Flight) / Rayman (Skill + Flight) / Crash Bandicoot (Power) You can find my series on my DA!: http://crush40queen.deviantart.com/

All hail old school Spyro, Rayman & Crash Bandicoot! <3

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9900

Post by OCG »

Fighting and cussing? This all looks to me like a regular RPC talk :P
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Imco wrote:
Bradandez wrote:

Imco
Clark

Post by Imco »

Bradandez wrote:
Imco wrote:
Bradandez wrote:

Hey, don't be so angry, a simple yes is enough

incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Bradandez wrote:
Wow, you ignorant piece of shit. If you read that post, you'd know that I said the sock relates to my waifu. THE SOCK IS MY WAIFU. BARBARA IS OKAY!/ YOU GOT YOU LITTLE FUCK? I DON'T TAKE SLANDER KINDLT, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S ABOUT MY FICTIONAL WIFE AND IF I EVER CATCH YOU SLANDERING HER AGAIN, YOU BEST PRAY TO GOD YOU CAN LEARN TO SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN, PUNK.
Eehhh, gross.
Imco wrote:Hey, don't be so angry, a simple yes is enough
+1

Imco
Clark

Post by Imco »

My dream significant other:

Likes Zelda, that's a must. Likes video games in general. Atheist, preferably. Needs to speak proper English. Love of animals, preferably cats required.

Crush40forever
Flabard
Tings: 160

Post by Crush40forever »

OCG wrote:Fighting and cussing? This all looks to me like a regular RPC talk :P
Lol. I guess this is what I get for not being on here in a while. :lol:

TBH, the reason why I was absent for awhile, was because I was busy rewriting my stories, and I've been busy playing my video games.
CRUSH 40 / SONIC THE HEDGEHOG FAN GIRL FOR LIFE! <3 SONIC SPEED!

Proud author of the "Sonic & the PlayStation Heroes" series!
Sonic (Speed + Team Leader) / Spyro (Flight) / Rayman (Skill + Flight) / Crash Bandicoot (Power) You can find my series on my DA!: http://crush40queen.deviantart.com/

All hail old school Spyro, Rayman & Crash Bandicoot! <3

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

boney, plays the doot doot, gives calciums

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

If I had a girlfriend, I'd print a picture of Barbara and force her to wear because no one could be that perfect.