RayModels suggestion

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

RayModels suggestion

Post by Rock_TBT »

As I am sure this has been mentioned before on the forum, an archive of 3D models and levels from the 3D installments of the Rayman franchise would be a welcomed addition to the community, titled "RayModels", similar to "RayTunes", a compilation of music tracks from multiple Rayman-games. I have currently ripped the majority, though not the entirely, of the characters present in Rayman 3 for PC, compiled 3/4 of the Clearleaf Forest level and all playable characters in Rayman M, and their corresponding alternative textures, for PC.

I would personally not have any objections in extracting all levels from the various Rayman-games, however time is not on my side, and there is only a limited amount of models I can rip on my own due to time constraints. Any assistance from this community would be highly welcomed.

My questions is what has prevented this from occurring in the past, and is there a current interest in making this a reality by this community in this point in time?
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Re: RayModels suggestion

Post by GOT4N »

Rock_TBT wrote:As I am sure this has been mentioned before on the forum, an archive of 3D models and levels from the 3D installments of the Rayman franchise would be a welcomed addition to the community, titled "RayModels", similar to "RayTunes", a compilation of music tracks from multiple Rayman-games. I have currently ripped the majority, though not the entirely, of the characters present in Rayman 3 for PC, compiled 3/4 of the Clearleaf Forest level and all playable characters in Rayman M, and their corresponding alternative textures, for PC.

I would personally not have any objections in extracting all levels from the various Rayman-games, however time is not on my side, and there is only a limited amount of models I can rip on my own due to time constraints. Any assistance from this community would be highly welcomed.

My questions is what has prevented this from occurring in the past, and is there a current interest in making this a reality by this community in this point in time?
Did you ripped those by 3D Ripper DX or you extracted the files from yourself?
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

GOT4N wrote:Did you ripped those by 3D Ripper DX or you extracted the files from yourself?
I have primarily used the model-ripping programs 3D Via Printscreen and GameAssassin when ripping the models for these two Rayman games in particular. I did not decompose the custom formats for any of the games.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Rock_TBT wrote:
GOT4N wrote:Did you ripped those by 3D Ripper DX or you extracted the files from yourself?
I have primarily used the model-ripping programs 3D Via Printscreen and GameAssassin when ripping the models for these two Rayman games in particular. I did not decompose the custom formats for any of the games.
Ah okay, good idea btw!
Also, it's good but many of us did this, and if we would like to do a model repository we'd definitely need to rip the custom formats (something we still can't manage to do sadly), but thanks for the idea!
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

GOT4N wrote: Also, it's good but many of us did this, and if we would like to do a model repository we'd definitely need to rip the custom formats (something we still can't manage to do sadly), but thanks for the idea!
What were the final results of those previous attempts?
MetaKirbSter
Matuvu
Tings: 210

Post by MetaKirbSter »

Rock_TBT wrote:As I am sure this has been mentioned before on the forum, an archive of 3D models and levels from the 3D installments of the Rayman franchise would be a welcomed addition to the community, titled "RayModels", similar to "RayTunes", a compilation of music tracks from multiple Rayman-games. I have currently ripped the majority, though not the entirely, of the characters present in Rayman 3 for PC, compiled 3/4 of the Clearleaf Forest level and all playable characters in Rayman M, and their corresponding alternative textures, for PC.

I think People have already done this, but your Idea is good, None the less.
You never saw me- GAH! Sig creds to Harpic Fraîcheur!
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

MetaKirbSter wrote: I think People have already done this, but your Idea is good, None the less.
Could you possibly reference any posts related to the progression of the ripping process of the models? I am very interested in reading any documentations currently available.

Do you happen by Any chance know if Any progress has been made related to the ripping of models from Rayman Raving Rabbids, since I haven't, at the time of this writing, seen Any major progress For this game on this forum.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Rock_TBT wrote:
GOT4N wrote: Also, it's good but many of us did this, and if we would like to do a model repository we'd definitely need to rip the custom formats (something we still can't manage to do sadly), but thanks for the idea!
What were the final results of those previous attempts?
If you're talking about directly ripping from files we tried (not that much tho) but we didn't figured out :p
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

GOT4N wrote:If you're talking about directly ripping from files we tried (not that much tho) but we didn't figured out :p
Were there any progress made by ripping scenes using model-ripping programs such as 3D Ripper DX? If so, do you believe that the results are authentic to the final product?

Has any individuals from the forum Xentax had any involvement in the attempt of cracking the custom format?
GOT4N wrote: if we would like to do a model repository we'd definitely need to rip the custom formats
While this may be true for the acquisition of a complete archive, the only models that would essentially be excluded would be scrapped ones from the final product. The rest of the models could, in theory, be acquired by ripping each stage individually using model-ripping programs. This means that an archive can be formed without the obligation of the de-encryption of the custom format, however the compilation would be slightly more tedious in comparison of having every single model file from the game´s data, but not impossible, and can be formed bit by bit as time goes along from various potential contributors from a large-scale community, such as this one for example.

In the case of Rayman 3, the demo does hold a few of the scrapped textures, sound effects and models, meaning the exclusion of the scrapped models wouldn´t be as noticeable.
Last edited by Rock_TBT on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Rock_TBT wrote:
GOT4N wrote:If you're talking about directly ripping from files we tried (not that much tho) but we didn't figured out :p
Were there any progress made by ripping scenes using model-ripping programs such as 3D Ripper DX? If so, do you believe that the results are authentic to the final product?

Has any individuals from the forum Xentax had any involvement in the process of cracking the custom format?
GOT4N wrote: if we would like to do a model repository we'd definitely need to rip the custom formats
While this may be true for the acquisition of a complete archive, the only models that would essentially be excluded would be scrapped ones from the final product. The rest of the models could, in theory, be acquired by ripping each stage individually using model-ripping programs. This means that an archive can be formed without the obligation of the de-encryption of the custom format, however the compilation would be slightly more tedious in comparison of having every single model file from the game´s data, but not impossible.

In the case of Rayman 3, the demo does hold a few of the scrapped textures, sound effects and models, meaning the exclusion of the scrapped models wouldn´t be as noticeable.
The thing is that a lot of peoples already ripped using 3D Ripper DX, so do I. But we never accepted those models as correct as it's not the true model, keep in mind that 3D Ripper Dx and such programs capture what you explore, so if there are things that are out of bounds (developpers error, which is something important in map extracting), then 3D ripper DX and other soft' will probably NOT capture those if they are far away, so there is no real point to use those
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

GOT4N wrote:The thing is that a lot of peoples already ripped using 3D Ripper DX, so do I. But we never accepted those models as correct as it's not the true model, keep in mind that 3D Ripper Dx and such programs capture what you explore, so if there are things that are out of bounds (developpers error, which is something important in map extracting), then 3D ripper DX and other soft' will probably NOT capture those if they are far away, so there is no real point to use those
Wouldn´t it be possible to acquired the desired effect by compiling all the different sections of the maps in a model editor, to attain the complete stage or model?

That only applies, however, to the entire stages, and not smaller individual models, since they can, usually, be ripped without any visual abnormalities, since they are usually within the boundaries.

In which aspects would the smaller models differ visually whether it was obtained from the game´s archive or ripped? Which specific aspects of the ripped model makes it incorrect?
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Rock_TBT wrote:
GOT4N wrote:The thing is that a lot of peoples already ripped using 3D Ripper DX, so do I. But we never accepted those models as correct as it's not the true model, keep in mind that 3D Ripper Dx and such programs capture what you explore, so if there are things that are out of bounds (developpers error, which is something important in map extracting), then 3D ripper DX and other soft' will probably NOT capture those if they are far away, so there is no real point to use those
Wouldn´t it be possible to acquired the desired effect by compiling all the different sections of the maps in a model editor, to attain the complete stage or model?

That only applies, however, to the entire stages, and not smaller individual models, since they can, usually, be ripped without any visual abnormalities, since they are usually within the boundaries.

In which aspects would the smaller models differ visually whether it was obtained from the game´s archive or ripped? Which specific aspects of the ripped model makes it incorrect?
It's just more accurate to have the ripped model from file, like the lightning effects are accurate, special effects are sometimes too ^^
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

GOT4N wrote:It's just more accurate to have the ripped model from file, like the lightning effects are accurate, special effects are sometimes too ^^
Are you referring to particle effects? Isn´t that a trivial matter, in comparison of having an actual model available, when I assume that the lightning can be fixed in a model editor?

What has prevented the progression of the decomposition of the custom format, and has assistance previously been asked at the forum Xentax?
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Rock_TBT wrote:
GOT4N wrote:It's just more accurate to have the ripped model from file, like the lightning effects are accurate, special effects are sometimes too ^^
Are you referring to particle effects? Isn´t that a trivial matter, in comparison of having an actual model available, when I assume that the lightning can be fixed in a model editor?

What has prevented the progression of the decomposition of the custom format, and has assistance previously been asked at the forum Xentax?
I already asked once on Xentax, no anwser, Droolie did as well multiple times.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

GOT4N wrote:I already asked once on Xentax, no anwser, Droolie did as well multiple times.
Have any custom formats for the other Rayman-games been cracked?
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

We decimated the .sna, geometry of n64 version of R2, .dsb, and other one but I can't remember which lmao
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I like this RayModels idea a lot, though as pointed out most models are yet to be extracted. :)
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

Does anyone know where the models for Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 are located, and could someone possible even send one?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

It's a little bit complicated, but progress has been made regarding Rayman 2.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

Adsolution wrote:It's a little bit complicated, but progress has been made regarding Rayman 2.
Thanks for the response, but it was not what I asked for. I wondered if anyone knew in which file format the meshes are in the game archive of Rayman 2 and Rayman 3, and if anyone could provide samples.